Official Fargo Season 4 Thread

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never watched Fargo before and wouldn't have this season if I didn't hear about Chris Rock being in it. I thought he did good. All gangstas don't look and sound tough, ppl. Loy prob got to his position by being fearless and knifing up anybody that made fun of his voice or sleeping on him for being skinny.
That said, I liked this season and want to go back. So Bokeem wasn't shoehorned in, he was in S2? Bet!
Since these are self contained seasons do I need to watch S1 first or can I just jump in S2?

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So season 5 the rise of Mike Milligan?

I wouldn’t mind seeing that Native American dude Hanzee Dent from season 2 story on how he rise his empire and fall. Even though some of us know how he end up in season 1.

He stacking papers in an office right now breh.

we already seen his rise.

They gave the breh that corporate treatment. For such a smart man he should have know how the game is. Italians as well as other races keep their business within their own group. If Mike started his own thing he would have end up like his father. I would have love to see him go after Zelmare.

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never watched Fargo before and wouldn't have this season if I didn't hear about Chris Rock being in it. I thought he did good. All gangstas don't look and sound tough, ppl. Loy prob got to his position by being fearless and knifing up anybody that made fun of his voice or sleeping on him for being skinny.
That said, I liked this season and want to go back. So Bokeem wasn't shoehorned in, he was in S2? Bet!
Since these are self contained seasons do I need to watch S1 first or can I just jump in S2?
you could watch them out of order, but season 1 is very good IMO (so is season 2)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Loy's character was a microcosm of the Black American.

Black people all things considered, have been an unnecessarily forgiving and compassionate group.

This country accumulated generational wealth off the backs of our ancestors through slavery. Then through oppressive and systematic racism, Blacks were blocked from building wealth due to laws put in place that preventing Blacks from owning land among other things. Immigrant groups were able to assimilate and get funding/support for potential ventures easier than Blacks over time in this country mainly because their complexion wasn't like ours.

We see Loy and the Dr come up with the idea for credit cards, only for it to be stolen from them. There's a deep history on how the banking industry has played a huge role into the wealth gap in this country. That scene embodied how our ideas and business proposals have historically been either denied or flat out taken from us.

We see Loy trying to be the bigger person and sparing the Fadda kid after his brother tells him that his own son was murdered. He doesn't act in revenge, but eventually ends up making the call to take out his "family" who were trying to move on him. It's like we been fighting over being the big fish in the small pond since Segregation...

In the end, Loy's completely defeated as he learns the lesson that honor doesn't hold that much weight in the game he was playing, and on a larger scale... in America. This country was built by takers, when Loy got those new terms at the end, that reality hit him hard.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
We see Loy trying to be the bigger person and sparing the Fadda kid after his brother tells him that his own son was murdered.

Now that you mentioned it, I was a little confused by what happened to the kid. Did he have him killed in the end? I think there was an ambiguous scene.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
It's a good show overall to me and given thay it's an anthology with *some* connecting parts i wouldn't necessarily say it's imperative you watch it in chronological order.

Fot what it's worth i think Chris Rock did great too :manny:

don cheadle would have been too predictable ajd on the nose for that part

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a good show overall to me and given thay it's an anthology with *some* connecting parts i wouldn't necessarily say it's imperative you watch it in chronological order.

Fot what it's worth i think Chris Rock did great too :manny:

don cheadle would have been too predictable ajd on the nose for that part

I kinda agree but I think Don woulda smashed and bodied the role as well. He wouldn't have given us Mouse from Devil In a Blue Dress. He'd have done something else with it I'm sure.

Chris did do great. Only time I thought about comedy was his "death face" at the end lol.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Just got to the scene where Chris Rock was whopping that dude with a belt. I had to watch it again to be sure it wasn't a comedy sketch. shyt was funny af. :russ::mjlol::mjlol:

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I kinda agree but I think Don woulda smashed and bodied the role as well. He wouldn't have given us Mouse from Devil In a Blue Dress. He'd have done something else with it I'm sure.

Chris did do great. Only time I thought about comedy was his "death face" at the end lol.
Yeah, whole time I was watching it i thought someone else could have killed the dramatic or threatening speeches Loy was giving. And Don Cheadle would have been my pick too, but Chris held it down ok. not mad because it's probably the best acting he's done, but someone else maybe more obscure but a great actor could have stood out like the leads in the first two seasons.

I was so upset that Loys son didn't bother to call home that whole time he was walking, if he was going to go straight to the crib anyway. Why bother staying off the grid if you're going to walk in your front door. And ole girl coming for loy how she did was weird, anybody could have spotted them women at the train station and called the cops.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yeah, whole time I was watching it i thought someone else could have killed the dramatic or threatening speeches Loy was giving. And Don Cheadle would have been my pick too, but Chris held it down ok. not mad because it's probably the best acting he's done, but someone else maybe more obscure but a great actor could have stood out like the leads in the first two seasons.

I was so upset that Loys son didn't bother to call home that whole time he was walking, if he was going to go straight to the crib anyway. Why bother staying off the grid if you're going to walk in your front door. And ole girl coming for loy how she did was weird, anybody could have spotted them women at the train station and called the cops.

I'm not an expert on the 1950's, but I don't think it was as simple as putting a dime in a payphone and dialing a number. I think that that far back you had to get on with an operator and ask them to connect you to a phone number like "Operator, connect me to "Klondike-5-3226""

Why were phone numbers back in the day "Klondike 5, 6767" : answers (reddit.com)

I don't know if a little kid back then would even know how to make a long distance call.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
Didn't even know there was a 4th season of this show released in 2020
How does it compare to that dreadful season 3?