Official Euro 2016 Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I've only witnessed one close quarters, where a group of Russian fans over the road from the bar we were singing at took exception to it and marched over the road(heavily outnumbered, maybe 6 at most).

One of them suffered one of the cleanest KO's i've ever seen. Another got half-dropped then kicked up the arse for his trouble on his way down. Which tbf was quite funny i will admit. The rest decided against it.

A bit earlier than that a solo Russian fan was walking past on the same side as us and i'm not sure if he'd been hiding in a cave and missed it all but decided to sing infront of us and hold his flag up. An England fan threw a whole pint in his face(what a waste), at which point i jumped infront of him and walked him down the street so he didn't get himself murdered. I then proceeded to have a drunken conversation about peace, love and harmony with him and a couple other Russians who happened by.

I/we avoided most of it though, or at least kept a distance. I'm not trying to get actually injured over football, much as i love it.

I've just got back to England but i may go back out if we get to the QF/SF.

I paid face value for my Russia ticket so €55. They were going for about €120-140 i think though. Wales game you'd struggle to get one for under €300 at this point. But that's a properly big one.
damn i need to go out there in 2020, although travel will be weird with it being held all over europe.

how much did you spend total? travel, lodge, food, tix, etc.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
:dead::dead::dead::dead:

the amount of murders that are gonna occur in 2018 :banderas:

I would fookin love it if an african team took it upon themselves to win the continents first trophy at that one...please let that happen :laff:

I would give so much for the Ivory Coast/Ghana/Nigeria or even the US to win that World Cup. Hopefully it's France or England. Need piss to be boiled.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
i dont know if some of you are misrepresenting russian racism like its all-inclusive?

worst case scenario they dont want black players on their teams, and try to annoy black players on other teams, but would they really be racist against teams from africa? surely they'd have to respect the fact that... they are african, they are gonna be black whether anyone likes it or not. i dont think they are going to hate black teams

and its the WORLD cup, the world will be expected to gather in russia, no one is trying to stay or take over or anything.

i think this russian racism is more nuanced than thought

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In one of his first interviews after being appointed Italy coach back in August 2014, Conte talked about how a strong tactical scheme can make an average player better because it "creates time." If you know where your teammates are going to be before you receive the ball, you don't need to take that extra split-second to look for them. You can use it instead to control the ball and pass it more accurately than you would otherwise.

A straight 3-3-4, with the wing-backs Matteo Darmian and Antonio Candreva absurdly wide. This meant that Wilmots' faux fullbacks, Vertonghen and Ciman, had to venture way out of position, that his midfield duo of Radja Nainggolan and Axel Witsel had to spread wide, leaving gaps in the middle, or that his two wingers, Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne, had to track back. Or, as often happened, that the pair were wide open with oodles of time and space if they got the ball.

Antonio Conte's scheme works as Italy beat Belgium, but it wasn't perfect

Cagny

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Italy
shyt brehs :mjcry:

Shootout to my fratelli azzuri, great game. I had a feeling we wouldn't beat y'all (I'm not buying the whole Belgium is a favoite thing), especially after last game in Novembre, was too close then. We're not in the same league as the main teams yet, whatever the FIFA rankings say.

Salute breh

keepemup

Banned
Daps
I'm 100% going to be in Moscow for the World Cup in 2018.

Seems like the Russians are being penalized for being able to fight better than the Brits.

Last edited:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Italians are hard to read, you never know which tournaments ones they decide to show up. 2000,2006,2012 you would not have thought of them being in the finals. Their tactics in controlling teams work even when the other team looks like it is more energetic like England at the last WC. Belgium will only perform well once they figure out how to create a good team, they are not a cohesive unit at all. They are like England teams of the mid 200s even though the English actually had more talent in their first 11 back then.