Official Euphoria Season 2 Thread

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Laurie seems about her business tho
If she has a drug business that's going well why go out her way to get Rue when she could find some willing hoes?
Kidnapping is some whole other shyt

If you're in an illegal business you're trying to make money, not do extra shyt that can possibly get you exposed

And her character seems intelligent

Laurie and her deadpan delivery is one of my favorite characters
She's a comedian in real life

imo, it seems like she has plenty of experience turning out addicts. for example, she reached for the morphine before rue actually asked her for it or agreed she wanted it. also, that bag was full of pills and other drugs, but she only offered rue the needle. she knew what rue was going to do, and how to game her.

also, the locked room is, imo, clear foreshadowing of just how bad it could get for someone in rue’s position. or how bad it will get if Laurie shows up next season.

I don’t think she’s going out of the way per say. I think turning fiends into prostitutes is what laurie does, the same way drugs is what laurie does.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
imo, it seems like she has plenty of experience turning out addicts. for example, she reached for the morphine before rue actually asked her for it or agreed she wanted it. also, that bag was full of pills and other drugs, but she only offered rue the needle. she knew what rue was going to do, and how to game her.

also, the locked room is, imo, clear foreshadowing of just how bad it could get for someone in rue’s position. or how bad it will get if Laurie shows up next season.

I don’t think she’s going out of the way per say. I think turning fiends into prostitutes is what laurie does, the same way drugs is what laurie does.
10k is too much to invest to trap a bytch

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
episode was clearly produced for awards season for Zendaya but it was worth it. really enjoyable episode.

again, need to point out that Sam Levinson was too lazy or just didn't want to properly write for the Jules/Rue relationship so just created Elliott as an easy way to push Rue's story forward.

that actress that plays Cassie and Lexie's mom is the most underrated actor on the show. just kills it every time with the delivery of her lines.

this show has moments of brilliance like that opening, but would rather win the emmy for best cinematography instead of outstanding writing

because the director and writer is a hack without an original bone in his body.

The shyt was literally Fentanyl Gump.

:russ:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
this show has moments of brilliance like that opening, but would rather win the emmy for best cinematography instead of outstanding writing

I agree with that
Sometimes they do pretty weird shot just to do it

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
episode was clearly produced for awards season for Zendaya but it was worth it. really enjoyable episode.

again, need to point out that Sam Levinson was too lazy or just didn't want to properly write for the Jules/Rue relationship so just created Elliott as an easy way to push Rue's story forward.

that actress that plays Cassie and Lexie's mom is the most underrated actor on the show. just kills it every time with the delivery of her lines.

because the director and writer is a hack without an original bone in his body.

:russ:

i tend to feel anything involving rue/jules (and now elliot), or rue and her family, is more authentic. only because levinson is a former addict, and rue is clearly his story. which is why it's also problematic when he doesn't take into account how the dynamics are different when you're telling the story for a black woman in the suburbs, instead of a white man.