Official Euphoria Season 2 Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
On a side note, Cassie is an awful human being. :scust:

She reminds me of a few girls from past that loved to gaslight, absolutely refused to take accountability for ANYTHING and always played the victim

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Rue's mom so weak she let her kick the door down and didn't do shyt when Rue said she was scared of her
I don't care how big I got I know my dad or my mom would be ready to whoop ass the minute I broke anything or disrespected them in any way
This episode you got Rue kicking down door's, hitting her sister, and calling her mom weak and all that got out of the mom was a slap

Pathetic
Sam Levinson can write some black characters but he is missing some angles here and there
Needs a writing room

I'm cool with it actually
Because ALL Black ppl are not built like that

Yeah, most won't let that happen
But Rues mom is into corny white dudes and lives around mostly white ppl
I don't see her as regular

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somehow this is the most ridiculous part of the episode. No way ol' girl wouldn't kill Rue immediately

rue still had time to pay. and laurie been plotting on turning rue out since she showed up asking for drugs. it’s why she gave her morphine intravenously, instead of any of the number of drugs in the apartment. because there are levels to addiction.

it’s also why she hit her with the speech about what happens when your pleasure centers erode from drug use (things that feel bad — ie, being fukked against your will — also won’t feel as bad anymore).

she literally told rue what she’d do if she came up short on the money. don’t think it was for theatrics.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I noticed that Elliot was covering his ears when Rue was on her rampage, and you see him bringing his hands down when she walks in the living room. I don't know if that was in the script or the actor's choice, but I thought it was a nice touch.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
rue still had time to pay. and laurie been plotting on turning rue out since she showed up asking for drugs. it’s why she gave her morphine intravenously, instead of any of the number of drugs in the apartment. because there are levels to addiction.

it’s also why she hit her with the speech about what happens when your pleasure centers erode from drug use (things that feel bad — ie, being fukked against your will — also won’t feel as bad anymore).

she literally told rue what she’d do if she came up short on the money. don’t think it was for theatrics.
The whole drug dealing plot with Rue is crazy to me
She don't know Rue
No way she'd front her that
Fez saying he trusts Eue with his life is crazy too

You can tell ppl not in any way close to the life wrote this show
Or even adjacent

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I noticed that Elliot was covering his ears when Rue was on her rampage, and you see him bringing his hands down when she walks in the living room. I don't know if that was in the script or the actor's choice, but I thought it was a nice touch.

I think someone in the thread might have said it, but rue was right: Elliot is an addict himself. the difference is he’s 1000% better at being a functioning addict than rue. it’s why an intervention would hit him so hard. And why it was so easy for him to manipulate Jules emotionally (he was definitely manipulating her before they hooked up, and playing into the fact that she does love to be loved… sn, rue was throwing some serious haymakers during that intervention).

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The while drug dealing plot with Rue is crazy to me
She don't know Rue
No way she'd front her that
Fez saying he trusts Eue with his life is crazy too

You can tell ppl not in any way close to the life wrote this show
Or even adjacent

i don’t think the fez/rue stuff is crazy at all. not in the moment where fez had to give an answer (and what could have happened to rue based on that answer… because laurie was plotting from moment one). and also, you can’t choose your family. if anyone knows that, it’s fez. that same episode, they spent the intro teaching us why fez would ride for someone like rue. shyt, he turned around and did the same thing with shorty staying at his place now. fez is wired different.

and I don’t think you’re giving laurie enough credit when it comes to why she fronted that shyt to rue. imo it was never about getting paid back. it was about that locked door, and putting rue on the strip. clearly, laurie has some weird ethics (perhaps because she was also an addict) that prevent her from just snatching rue. so she’s allowing her to dig her own grave.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
i don’t think the fez/rue stuff is crazy at all. not in the moment where fez had to give an answer (and what could have happened to rue based on that answer… because laurie was plotting from moment one). and also, you can’t choose your family. if anyone knows that, it’s fez. that same episode, they spent the intro teaching us why fez would ride for someone like rue. shyt, he turned around and did the same thing with shorty staying at his place now. fez is wired different.

and I don’t think you’re giving laurie enough credit when it comes to why she fronted that shyt to rue. imo it was never about getting paid back. it was about that locked door, and putting rue on the strip. clearly, laurie has some weird ethics (perhaps because she was also an addict) that prevent her from just snatching rue. so she’s allowing her to dig her own grave.
Laurie seems about her business tho
If she has a drug business that's going well why go out her way to get Rue when she could find some willing hoes?
Kidnapping is some whole other shyt

If you're in an illegal business you're trying to make money, not do extra shyt that can possibly get you exposed

And her character seems intelligent

Laurie and her deadpan delivery is one of my favorite characters
She's a comedian in real life

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I remember after season 1 zendaya did some interview related to this show where they asked if she had ever done drugs or had anyone close to her that is or used to be an addict and she said no to both. I’m calling bullshyt. Either she’s lying or she is the greatest actress of all time.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Laurie is probably the weirdest thing about this show
She is presented as this plug for all types of drugs and is fronting Fezco but she lives in this shytty apt with her boyfriend/husband who is probably the muscle of her operation
Not saying she is not a fit for the sex trafficking stuff she is talking but why choose Rue for that and not someone like say Faye

Both are crash dummies who will do almost anything for drugs and yet she goes to all these lengths just to entrap Rue and make her dependent on her for her fixes

Irl losing 10k worth of drugs and money is a death sentence
you won't make that money back selling Rue's body to whoever so the show is kind of circling the drain there imo