Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yep much better ep.

They should have aired the 3 eps at once I think it would have gotten received better.

Now we learned new things we didn't know from the trailers.

Looks like Wanda took over a whole town and everyone is being forced by her.

Now is she being manipulated or is she doing this on her own.
:patrice:

We already knew that :unimpressed:

We haven't learned whether or not the townspeople are brainwashed or know what's going on yet still. We learned nothing in this episode. :unimpressed:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We already knew that :unimpressed:

We haven't learned whether or not the townspeople are brainwashed or know what's going on yet still. We learned nothing in this episode. :unimpressed:

What clues where in the first two eps even hinted she took over a town?

Alot of people in here said she made a pocket universe.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
What clues where in the first two eps even hinted she took over a town?

Alot of people in here said she made a pocket universe.

The part where monica got booted out was actually in the trailer.

We knew that there's a "bubble" that has formulated over this area that is altered. Also in a trailer. We still don't know if it counts as a pocket universe though. We don't know how MCU will handle pocket universes.

Even after Ep 2
Most of us theorized that the "beekeeper" was actually a SWORD agent trying to infiltrate the bubble safely with a suit.

also the red helicopter we saw in ep 2 was a full size helicopter in the trailer. Easy connection to make there.

So no, YOU didn't know. But WE did. :umad:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This episode is much better paced and balanced between the sitcom & breaking the sitcom. It really illustrated the main issue with the first 2 episodes was it was really the same episode twice introducing then reintroducing the format & players but now we can run with the story.

The sitcom setting still does make the breaks that much more unnerving like when Herb starts cutting through the wall and this ep really played those elements against each other well like when all the weirdness starts making Vision question things so she edits that out.

All of the silly madcap wackiness fitting a comedy of that era having this real undercurrent of tension works as you keep anticipating what break will happen next b/c of how this dumb situation in Wanda's head unravels or exposes some truth and how will she react to it to maintain her delusion.

Also, thinking on this format: as these sitcoms advance through time, it's parallel to Wanda's journey.

The earliest sitcoms were all these pristine, idealized families with mundane issues to resolve in 30 minutes and reset for next week. It's the escape (we assume) that Wanda's retreated into but these big breaks push her forward in sitcom history as reality intrudes a bit more, same as it did with that format of television. We're going to start getting into eras of TV where that idyllic veneer doesn't cut it anymore as relatable entertainment and start having "very special episodes" touching on real issues and shows that deal with real problems constantly as their ongoing plots. That all mirrors Wanda not being able escape and having to deal with her shyt as the show progresses.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The part where monica got booted out was actually in the trailer.

We knew that there's a "bubble" that has formulated over this area that is altered. Also in a trailer. We still don't know if it counts as a pocket universe though. We don't know how MCU will handle pocket universes.

Even after Ep 2
Most of us theorized that the "beekeeper" was actually a SWORD agent trying to infiltrate the bubble safely with a suit.

So no, YOU didn't know. But WE did. :umad:

I seen her get booted but I dont see how you make a connection that she took over a town or didn't just create everything from scratch from the trailers

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I seen her get booted but I dont see how you make a connection that she took over a town or didn't just create everything from scratch from the trailers

wandavision-monica-e1611247547644.jpg

This is how I made that connection.

We could all be wrong but it seems clear to me.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Y8BB5CgDhmZtRe226

First thing. They should have dropped episode 3 last week too.

Second thing. I think Westview may be a Hydra/AIM town. We now have a second commercial that directly references Hydra. I looked at that bee keeper again, and I can’t tell if that’s a SWORD logo. It looks like, but it just looked different. But you know who looks like bee keepers?
at_sci_fi_elements_scifielements_modok_aim_marvel_pe_photographic_elements_photographicelements_dot_net__mg_1510_5616-x-3744_140727_1.jpg

It’s possible that Westview is one of many Hydra towns, where agents, and others in the supervillain life, go to live their lives. Like Springfield in GI Joe, El Rey in From Dusk til Dawn, or how Nazis fled to South American countries to live. The opening of one episode had what looked like Grim Reaper’s head piece. It’s possible that Wanda is there because of SWORD, but got caught up somehow. Or, she went there because she wanted help with something, and SWORD has been keeping tabs in her. “Maybe Vision’s busted open head, needs the brain engram of a certain villain’s brother, to be made whole again.” General Ross did say in Civil War, “Where’s Banner and Thor?” If he has anything to do with SWORD, you know he’s keeping tabs on someone as powerful as Wanda. If that beekeeper is actually AIM, who in the hell knows what kind of “What the fukk? Why the fukk would you do that or even think of that,” type fukkery they have going on there. And if you know comics, you know they have a love jones for creating reality altering cosmic cubes. And look who just strolled into town? Wanda.