Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I actually like the show so I want the denouement of why Wanda's doing this to be good.

All I'm saying is that these characters have appeared on our screens before in movies and nothing in that history, to me, explains what is going on in the show. So if it ends up being an outside force that is causing Wanda to do this cool but if they go the "Wanda has mental issues" route like they have done with the character in the comics then they better come with something more than what they have already shown because none of that works with what is going on in the show.

my thing because we are inside her head we have zero context of the time period outside of her head or the events going on outside of her head. Idk if its cause we are so used to MCU movies but we are like 10-15% into this series but are trying to discuss things that you wont know until its 100% done.

imo i feel thats maybe why they have us two episodes to start it off because its supposed to leave us saying “wtf did i just watch”.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
you watched that poison,...and got poisoned huh.

i put on my idiot filter mask in the coro pandemi to watch all this shyt play out.
i ain't getting infected by this idiocy on display.

the shyt interesting watching people potentially fukk up bread.
when factually there is a whole braintrust that says you don't dispute a fact.
where the facts say this is stoopid as fukk do not go, do not consume.

art barr
You're like a QAnon-level wacko, dude.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:russ: what did you do breh?
that Art Barr guy the FIRST muthafukka in Coli history ive put on ignore!

Zz7lfnZ.png

for whatever reason i thought his whole posting style was some kinda weird/funny schtick.

nah.

hes just some retarded muthafukka running wild on the innanetz.

Zz7lfnZ.png

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
that Art Barr guy the FIRST muthafukka in Coli history ive put on ignore!

Zz7lfnZ.png

for whatever reason i thought his whole posting style was some kinda weird/funny schtick.

nah.

hes just some retarded muthafukka running wild on the innanetz.

Zz7lfnZ.png

lol idk why dudes respond to breh. He can be cool at times but other times he floods threads with incoherent babble

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My kneejerk reaction is that they are trying to use Vision dying in Infinity War (probably coupled with residual trauma from Quicksilver being killed) and then having to accept that her "children" aren't real as the excuse for Wanda having a nervous breakdown and eventually causing House of M which I think is kinda weak because none of that shyt checks out with what we've seen onscreen with her.
House of M in the comics came about from years of in-canon trauma Wanda went through:
- Mental abuse from Quicksilver growing up
- Manipulation and abuse from Magneto in The Brotherhood
-Being possessed by the elder god Chthon
- Vision being rebuilt and forgetting he ever loved Wanda
- Her kids being magical constructs that were never real
- Having her first breakdown and becoming a villain (thanks to the manipulation of some evil multi-national corporation who wanted to make her a weapon) who turned on the West Coast Avengers for a time
- Agatha Harkness using magic to make her forget she ever had kids
- Falling in love with Wonder Man and watching him die
- Agatha Harkness' spell wearing off and Wanda remembering everything
- This led to her second breakdown where she turned on the Avengers again and killed a couple of her teammates
- Dr. Strange putting her into a coma
- Prof. X deciding he couldn't fix Wanda's mental problems and deciding that the safest bet would be for her to be killed which led to Quicksilver urging her to use her powers to protect herself and the result was House of M

There hasn't been anything in the MCU that explains a psychotic break to the level that Wanda would manipulate reality and use living breathing human beings as puppets. And she seems to be knowingly doing it based on how she reset things at the end of episode 2.

You left out the fact that MCU Wanda watched her parents die in front of her and then was trapped next to a bomb for days with no idea whether or not it would blow up. Which is why she had beef with Stark.

That alone would make most people snap. Then she was imprisoned by Hydra and experimented on. Then Quiksilver died in front of her. Then she accidentally killed a bunch of innocent people, which lead to "Civil War". Then Vision died in front of her.

MCU Wanda has had it easier than the comic version but I'm not seeing how it's a stretch that she would snap.

Fred.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
People forget that netflix had no original content for years and years. Was basically movie rental store in the mail to your door until they added streaming later and even then the streaming still had no original content for a long time. Some of y'all act like netflix started w fire original content from day 1

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People forget that netflix had no original content for years and years. Was basically movie rental store in the mail to your door until they added streaming later and even then the streaming still had no original content for a long time. Some of y'all act like netflix started w fire original content from day 1

But once they started original content... it WAS fire from day 1. Let's keep it real, aside from HBO... Once Netflix began their original content, that was an immediate game changer.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I remember, the first big hit for Netflix was orange is the new black. Or maybe it was house of cards. Either way I think it was those two back to back that made people start believing Netflix was a legit original content provider.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The first two episodes were okay. I was literally bored during the 2nd episode. The issues isn't how well made those episodes were, that should and deserve praise because of the care and detail right down to the screen ratio to make it look as authentic as an late 1950's/early1960's television sitcom as possible and the writing is superb in being crafty in having it appear as a regular golden age of TV episode while toss a bunch of Easter Eggs and clues throughout. But I feel the angle that they're going at isn't executed well for a proud audience that Marvel has with the vast majority no even remotely a thought of that time. You have to at least grew up watching those classic Nick at Nite shows or TV Land shows. And we're in a binge hungry society in which a weekly slow burn episodic series is going to be something that'll be divisive. Especially when it comes to the MCU when you EXPECT some type of action.

What's saving the two episodes is the mystery, because people want to know what exactly going on. I personally think it's becoming cliche as we seen too many of these series that think they're going to be clever by making a so-called mystery throughout the season and it comes out being BS or underwhelming when the reveal comes through. Most recently being both the shows Undoing and The Flight Attendant. I would prefer, and it's just me, that we were given the information ahead of time as to how and/or why Wanda is in this sitcom reality then see how'll it plays out with a clear understanding of what's going on. Having a blend of BEWITCHED & MY FAVORITE MARTIAN type of series towards a fanbase that mostly consists of millennials is at the most be divisive. Especially when not having all the episodes released at once to binge.

Are we allowed to say what storyline this tv show is borrowing from and spoil speculate guess-timate in this thread?

Or are we keeping critic based kayfabe for noobs.
Who do not know the source material.
Plus do not have any prescient idea of this and is a central gateway vkewing of the mcu?

Are we posting for noobs here or for critical kayfabe not to broken in spoilers?

Uhm,.. who's the mod of this sub forum?

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
But once they started original content... it WAS fire from day 1. Let's keep it real, aside from HBO... Once Netflix began their original content, that was an immediate game changer.

Netflix original content is fire sewer trash sludge water poo.

Stop.
Having netflix besides gantz is a waste of time and money.
It is like going to the bootleg man and not knowing about the torrents in 1999.
Netflix is some ol buddie biddie.
Buddy

Netflix = Buddy...i got 2 fa tha....bootleg man dvd face ass bullshyt.
Netflix = ol school,...high sixties uhf tube tv movie face ass bullshyt

Art Barr

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are we allowed to say what storyline this tv show is borrowing from and spoil speculate guess-timate in this thread?

Or are we keeping critic based kayfabe for noobs.
Who do not know the source material.
Plus do not have any prescient idea of this and is a central gateway vkewing of the mcu?

Are we posting for noobs here or for critical kayfabe not to broken in spoilers?

Uhm,.. who's the mod of this sub forum?

Art Barr

You're not the mod so STFU. You damn sure have no authority over what other's opinions are. You acting a bit bytch-made right now whining about spoilers when there wasn't remotely a spoiler in my previous comment. I didn't say anything specific about anything, yet you're crying because I spoke my opinion on it's execution. So again, STFU if you aren't contributing into talking about the series. You whining and bytching of other people's opinions is not needed. Maybe the mod need to check YOU on that.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

If I remember, the first big hit for Netflix was orange is the new black. Or maybe it was house of cards. Either way I think it was those two back to back that made people start believing Netflix was a legit original content provider.

Netflix started streaming in 2007. "House Of Cards" and "Orange Is The New Black" didn't start until 2013.

People are comparing Disney+ to Netflix because Netflix is the gold standard in streaming but Netflix took a long ass time to get off the ground. Disney+ only been around a year.

Fred.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You're not the mod so STFU. You damn sure have no authority over what other's opinions are. You acting a bit bytch-made right now whining about spoilers when there wasn't remotely a spoiler in my previous comment. I didn't say anything specific about anything, yet you're crying because I spoke my opinion on it's execution. So again, STFU if you aren't contributing into talking about the series. You whining and bytching of other people's opinions is not needed. Maybe the mod need to check YOU on that.

Breh place dude on ignore. Yall flooding the thread responding to him doesnt help lol

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

I was asking a mod.
To know if i could tell you what storyline publically. This is for sure in this thread.

If i was given time to find the mod's name and ask him. After i caught back up for my possible review of this anthony mackie movie.

I was going to publically ampersand the mod into an edit of my post you quoted.
So if he entered this thread. No one would be in violation of some dict i did not know sir.

Yet since you being emo about me quoting your post.
To do all that internet deep voice bass playin playing yo self.
i dunno what to say.
other than you tweaked't. Plus need to stop all that wulf'n tho, joe..

Now if you would like.
I can tell you to come over to this thread.
Where the source material to this show is in discussion.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/why-wanda-vision-could-spell-the-beginning-of.826332/page-3

Art Barr

Last edited: