Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix started streaming in 2007. "House Of Cards" and "Orange Is The New Black" didn't start until 2013.

People are comparing Disney+ to Netflix because Netflix is the gold standard in streaming but Netflix took a long ass time to get off the ground. Disney+ only been around a year.

Fred.

I think you misunderstood my comment. I didn't say once Netflix started streaming. I said once they started doing ORIGINAL CONTENT which was House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Out the gate when they started original content shows it was a game changer. Netflix wrote the blueprint, so why not judge others off the blueprint. And part of the blueprint was releasing all episodes at once. We are now a binge-obsessed society for better or for worse, and that mainly is attributed to Netflix. I feel that WANDAVISION would of been less divided and more received had all episodes been released at once. So, I get the criticism with Disney +, but let's not forget that the VERY DAY Disney + debuted, they had THE MANDALORIAN on deck. The problem was the original content was too far and in between, and you could blame some of it with the pandemic, but you have HBO Max, despite its horrific launch, been releasing original content at a faster pace than Disney.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Breh place dude on ignore. Yall flooding the thread responding to him doesnt help lol

This emo goofie cap lame here tho joe.

I am the truth there....
staring back at you,....

Art Barr

The truth staring back at you.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Netflix started streaming in 2007. "House Of Cards" and "Orange Is The New Black" didn't start until 2013.

People are comparing Disney+ to Netflix because Netflix is the gold standard in streaming but Netflix took a long ass time to get off the ground. Disney+ only been around a year.

Fred.

I think comparing them is totally valid despite Disney+ being so much newer. Unlike Netflix, Disney came into the streaming game with all the money and resources to produce as much original content as they want. Disney isn't even new to the streaming game since Hulu belongs to them as well and they have been producing original content there for years now.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think you misunderstood my comment. I didn't say once Netflix started streaming. I said once they started doing ORIGINAL CONTENT which was House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Out the gate when they started original content shows it was a game changer. Netflix wrote the blueprint, so why not judge others off the blueprint. And part of the blueprint was releasing all episodes at once. We are now a binge-obsessed society for better or for worse, and that mainly is attributed to Netflix. I feel that WANDAVISION would of been less divided and more received had all episodes been released at once. So, I get the criticism with Disney +, but let's not forget that the VERY DAY Disney + debuted, they had THE MANDALORIAN on deck. The problem was the original content was too far and in between, and you could blame some of it with the pandemic, but you have HBO Max, despite its horrific launch, been releasing original content at a faster pace than Disney.

I understood what you said.

Netflix actually started doing original content in 2006 under the Red Envelop production company. They didn't really have "hits" until 2013.
I'm not saying give Disney 6-7 years to get their shyt together but it's barely been a year. :mjlol:

The problem with comparing HBO Max to Disney+ is HBO Max can drop content whenever it wants. Disney+, due to a decent chunk of their original programming tying into the MCU, couldn't really start a ton of their series ("WandaVision", etc.) until "Far From Home" was out. 7 months after that, the pandemic started which leads me to my next point....

I think comparing them is totally valid despite Disney+ being so much newer. Unlike Netflix, Disney came into the streaming game with all the money and resources to produce as much original content as they want. Disney isn't even new to the streaming game since Hulu belongs to them as well and they have been producing original content there for years now.

I realize all that but you guys are acting like a pandemic didn't hit in the first year of Disney+ existence. Which fukked up their whole schedule.

'Falcon and Winter Soldier' Release Delayed - Variety

Fred.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
My kneejerk reaction is that they are trying to use Vision dying in Infinity War (probably coupled with residual trauma from Quicksilver being killed) and then having to accept that her "children" aren't real as the excuse for Wanda having a nervous breakdown and eventually causing House of M which I think is kinda weak because none of that shyt checks out with what we've seen onscreen with her.
House of M in the comics came about from years of in-canon trauma Wanda went through:
- Mental abuse from Quicksilver growing up
- Manipulation and abuse from Magneto in The Brotherhood
-Being possessed by the elder god Chthon
- Vision being rebuilt and forgetting he ever loved Wanda
- Her kids being magical constructs that were never real
- Having her first breakdown and becoming a villain (thanks to the manipulation of some evil multi-national corporation who wanted to make her a weapon) who turned on the West Coast Avengers for a time
- Agatha Harkness using magic to make her forget she ever had kids
- Falling in love with Wonder Man and watching him die
- Agatha Harkness' spell wearing off and Wanda remembering everything
- This led to her second breakdown where she turned on the Avengers again and killed a couple of her teammates
- Dr. Strange putting her into a coma
- Prof. X deciding he couldn't fix Wanda's mental problems and deciding that the safest bet would be for her to be killed which led to Quicksilver urging her to use her powers to protect herself and the result was House of M

There hasn't been anything in the MCU that explains a psychotic break to the level that Wanda would manipulate reality and use living breathing human beings as puppets. And she seems to be knowingly doing it based on how she reset things at the end of episode 2.
Well her power level was already through the roof for Infinity War and Endgame..

The game is that Vision is finished and thats why shes doing this. Kind of common sense but then there's the voice trying to wake her up.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The mini war in here:mjlol:

Niccas trynna bring that feeling back:russ:

TFR ain’t been this alive in 3-4 years :lolbron:
giphy.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There’s a difference between only being interested in action and not feeling the old ass style. I’m sure when things get a hit more current more people will be into it...and these first two will be more interesting in hindsight. Have to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt though. They’ve been on a hot streak for a long time

indeed. But cats need to stop acting like they haven't laid any eggs either.