maxresdefault.jpg

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
my thing because we are inside her head we have zero context of the time period outside of her head or the events going on outside of her head. Idk if its cause we are so used to MCU movies but we are like 10-15% into this series but are trying to discuss things that you wont know until its 100% done.

imo i feel thats maybe why they have us two episodes to start it off because its supposed to leave us saying “wtf did i just watch”.
Not necessarily..youre assuming that. Lol.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You're not the mod so STFU. You damn sure have no authority over what other's opinions are. You acting a bit bytch-made right now whining about spoilers when there wasn't remotely a spoiler in my previous comment. I didn't say anything specific about anything, yet you're crying because I spoke my opinion on it's execution. So again, STFU if you aren't contributing into talking about the series. You whining and bytching of other people's opinions is not needed. Maybe the mod need to check YOU on that.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understood what you said.

Netflix actually started doing original content in 2006 under the Red Envelop production company. They didn't really have "hits" until 2013.
I'm not saying give Disney 6-7 years to get their shyt together but it's barely been a year. :mjlol:

The problem with comparing HBO Max to Disney+ is HBO Max can drop content whenever it wants. Disney+, due to a decent chunk of their original programming tying into the MCU, couldn't really start a ton of their series ("WandaVision", etc.) until "Far From Home" was out. 7 months after that, the pandemic started which leads me to my next point....

I realize all that but you guys are acting like a pandemic didn't hit in the first year of Disney+ existence. Which fukked up their whole schedule.

'Falcon and Winter Soldier' Release Delayed - Variety

Fred.

Netflix franchised and still franchise films and series. When Netflix started exclusively have their own original content was in 2013 and it was a hit. You being a bit contradicting in mentioning Red Envelope Production Company as if Disney didn't own or at an earlier time half-owned Hulu and been pushing out original content for years, not to mention their partnership with Netflix with the whole Defenders MCU shows. They're not NOT foreign to this. And again, the day of them debuting Disney + they had an immediate smash hit with The Mandalorian.

And mentioning HBO Max is fair because they launched in the dead height of this pandemic and still been able to push out original content. Disney + had a huge head start to include in production. And it's not that we are negating that the pandemic made delays, but we were informed all of these Star Wars and MCU series well before the release of their streaming service and season one The Mandalorian finished BEFORE there was even an idea of an COVID epidemic was spreading. Even the now defuncted DC Universe when they came out had PREPARED back to back to back releases of their original content.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Netflix franchised and still franchise films and series. When Netflix started exclusively have their own original content was in 2013 and it was a hit. You being a bit contradicting in mentioning Red Envelope Production Company as if Disney didn't own or at an earlier time half-owned Hulu and been pushing out original content for years, not to mention their partnership with Netflix with the whole Defenders MCU shows. They not NOT foreign to this. And again, the day of them debuting Disney + they had an immediate smash hit with The Mandalorian.

And mentioning HBO Max is fair because they launched in the dead height of this pandemic and still been able to push out original content. Disney + had a huge head start to include in production. And it's not that we are negating that the pandemic made delays, but we were informed all of these Star Wars and MCU series well before the release of their streaming service and season one The Mandalorian finished BEFORE there was even an idea of an COVID epidemic was spreading. Even the now defuncted DC Universe when they came out had PREPARED back to back to back releases of their original content.

Breh you completely ignored the fact that the pandemic affected their whole MCU line up.

"Falcon And The Winter Soldier" stopped production for 6 months.

"Loki" stopped production for 6 months.

"WandaVision" stopped production for 6 months.

etc etc etc.

Which again, fukked up their whole schedule because I assume there's some kind of sequential order to these series. HBO Max can drop shyt in any order, whenever, because none of their properties are connected. The same goes for Netflix. There is 10+ shows coming to Disney+ connected to the MCU that also have to take into account when movies come out. If the two are connected I mean. Nobody else is hamstrung like that.

And for the record, I don't even have Disney+. So this ain't some kinda die hard defense of the network. But Disney+ is being compared to other streaming services that aren't trying to achieve what they are.

Fred.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
To people who've also watched AOS, did this also call to mind the framework storyline where the characters were basically stuck in a matrix of sorts?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh you completely ignored the fact that the pandemic affected their whole MCU line up.

"Falcon And The Winter Soldier" stopped production for 6 months.

"Loki" stopped production for 6 months.

"WandaVision" stopped production for 6 months.

etc etc etc.

Which again, fukked up their whole schedule because I assume there's some kind of sequential order to these series. HBO Max can drop shyt in any order, whenever, because none of their properties are connected. The same goes for Netflix. There is 10+ shows coming to Disney+ connected to the MCU that also have to take into account when movies come out. If the two are connected I mean. Nobody else is hamstrung like that.

And for the record, I don't even have Disney+. So this ain't some kinda die hard defense of the network. But Disney+ is being compared to other streaming services that aren't trying to achieve what they are.

Fred.

I was speaking on Disney + in general, but since you admitted you don't have Disney + then you wouldn't understand my point which was they had more than enough time PRIOR to it's debut of it's streaming service to have these shows, not the Marvel, but all of their original content ready and released back to back to back BEFORE there ever was a COVID epidemic. And this is not dismissing the fact that Disney + is a ROARING SUCCESS. So these are mostly nitpicks to a streaming service that's currently only 2nd to Netflix.

As for the Marvel Studios. That's an entirely different issue, because I'm not too sure if they are sure as to what direction they want to go because of the pandemic. I mean Black Widow was supposed to been out almost a YEAR AGO. So, to that point it is valid of the MCU delay. But it doesn't excused how people feel about this show for good or worse.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
My kneejerk reaction is that they are trying to use Vision dying in Infinity War (probably coupled with residual trauma from Quicksilver being killed) and then having to accept that her "children" aren't real as the excuse for Wanda having a nervous breakdown and eventually causing House of M which I think is kinda weak because none of that shyt checks out with what we've seen onscreen with her.
House of M in the comics came about from years of in-canon trauma Wanda went through:
- Mental abuse from Quicksilver growing up
- Manipulation and abuse from Magneto in The Brotherhood
-Being possessed by the elder god Chthon
- Vision being rebuilt and forgetting he ever loved Wanda
- Her kids being magical constructs that were never real
- Having her first breakdown and becoming a villain (thanks to the manipulation of some evil multi-national corporation who wanted to make her a weapon) who turned on the West Coast Avengers for a time
- Agatha Harkness using magic to make her forget she ever had kids
- Falling in love with Wonder Man and watching him die
- Agatha Harkness' spell wearing off and Wanda remembering everything
- This led to her second breakdown where she turned on the Avengers again and killed a couple of her teammates
- Dr. Strange putting her into a coma
- Prof. X deciding he couldn't fix Wanda's mental problems and deciding that the safest bet would be for her to be killed which led to Quicksilver urging her to use her powers to protect herself and the result was House of M

There hasn't been anything in the MCU that explains a psychotic break to the level that Wanda would manipulate reality and use living breathing human beings as puppets. And she seems to be knowingly doing it based on how she reset things at the end of episode 2.

This.

All uv dis.
It is like they are making us relive vision quest.
in just as upsetting of a speed.
as bryne did in two wca issues condensed into two episodes of wandavision.

It is wild.
The second ep. Starts so far up your bulletin chart. Yet we are at everything at the bottom of your bullet style list as well.

It is wild.
Literally,....doing exactly what should never happen. Only to make post 1996 based avengers comics. Well after this occurred in wca. Plus,..in on screen movie-dom. Well after we already grieved for vision and saw thanos defeated.
Including two eps into it. We have to process what a superhero with a film origin as a babyface. Not ever be made to look weak as a heel.
when it upsets the diectic of the hero being the hero without fail .

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I was speaking on Disney + in general, but since you admitted you don't have Disney + then you wouldn't understand my point which was they had more than enough time PRIOR to it's debut of it's streaming service to have these shows, not the Marvel, but all of their original content ready and released back to back to back BEFORE there ever was a COVID epidemic. And this is not dismissing the fact that Disney + is a ROARING SUCCESS. So these are mostly nitpicks to a streaming service that's currently only 2nd to Netflix.

As for the Marvel Studios. That's an entirely different issue, because I'm not too sure if they are sure as to what direction they want to go because of the pandemic. I mean Black Widow was supposed to been out almost a YEAR AGO. So, to that point it is valid of the MCU delay. But it doesn't excused how people feel about this show for good or worse.

Dawg,...
You.discussing a product by a company.
that sounds like it is your gateway.
Where you have extreme emo connection to that bicepless ass mouse.
You wulf'n hostile as hell. When multiple people giving you objective minded facts.
that are indisputable about that bicepless ass mouse.
Plus their consistent inconsistent ability to not understand in full detail their acquired licenses. To consistently produce quality. If they did. Disney plus would have been available at the dawn of the internet.
When disney if you were adept to them and how they used to operate in the physical era. You would know. In legacy all they survive off of is re-releases of old ip's per format. It is why they have been resistant to the change to the digital era. Leading to the launch this late of disney plus. With out adequate high quality content available is because those par levels of high quality do not exist at all.

Plus it will never become a large host of high quality disney material. As they have an agenda.
that does not respect the pulse of readership to the source materials' braintrust of the ip as well.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shyt was cool to me seeing the beginning of the madness. Of course the mcu is not like the comics but its established they had a relationship and now she discovering the true potential of her powers by making this reality of a normal life she seen on tv sitcoms.

They at least got my attention to see how they pull this off and how it leads to mutants and other things. She might create a reality where she is constantly killing thanos like dormammu did with strange in the time loop

:russ:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I enjoyed the new eps but I can see someone wanting more of the context of what's going on in this fake world. It's kinda a troll job to debut two episodes that are 99% corny sitcom after a year and a half break. lol It's kind of a flex, "We're Marvel, watch us release two eps of a sitcom and fans will still eat it up." :russ: