Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Just finished Episode 8
:sadbron:

this is such an emotional journey. I'm really enjoying how much this series digs into the psychological ramfications of trauma for a super powered person. I think the MCU has been really shaky on exploring trauma. They usually play it for laughs like with Thor, but the levels of violence and loss these people have experienced warrants a deeper probe, so this series is really working for me.

I'm also really enjoying the memes. I'm not sure if you guys have already posted some of these, but these are some of my favorite so far:

Jay Jurden on TikTok

And apparently Mary-Kate and Ashley recorded a diss track of Elizabeth back in the day that's cracking me up.

I'm really dreading that there's only episode left. I might wait a day to watch it. So far, I've avoided all spoilers, so I have no idea how this thing is gonna wrap up. I just hope they don't mess up a good thing. There's a lot of ground to cover.:sadcam:

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just finished Episode 8
:sadbron:

this is such an emotional journey. I'm really enjoying how much this series digs into the psychological ramfications of trauma for a super powered person. I think the MCU has been really shaky on exploring trauma. They usually play it for laughs like with Thor, but the levels of violence and loss these people have experienced warrants a deeper probe, so this series is really working for me.

I'm also really enjoying the memes. I'm not sure if you guys have already posted some of these, but these are some of my favorite so far:

Jay Jurden on TikTok

And apparently Mary-Kate and Ashley recorded a diss track of Elizabeth back in the day that's cracking me up.

I'm really dreading that there's only episode left. I might wait a day to watch it. So far, I've avoided all spoilers, so I have no idea how this thing is gonna wrap up. I just hope they don't mess up a good thing. There's a lot of ground to cover.:sadcam:

Episode 8 was my favorite. The flashbacks really worked for me. Her parents dying, Vision comforting after her brother's death, what really happened when she came for Vision's body. All excellent. Especially the scene with the love persevering line. That's one of the best dramatic scenes in MCU history. They made the love between a person a robot actually come off as real. Kinda amazing. :ehh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Episode 8 was my favorite. The flashbacks really worked for me. Her parents dying, Vision comforting after her brother's death, what really happened when she came for Vision's body. All excellent. Especially the scene with the love persevering line. That's one of the best dramatic scenes in MCU history. They made the love between a person a robot actually come off as real. Kinda amazing. :ehh:

agreed, then EP 9 happened and it was a letdown. Gotta nail the dismount. And they didn't IMO.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I wasn't let down, it just wasn't as good as an ep as 8 was to me. The way Wanda beat Agnes I thought was cool. :yeshrug:

that's cool. The ending hurt it alot for me.

started off slow, climbed high, and then flatlined for me.

the acting by Paul Bettany was great. Liz too.

The execution of the ending was very weak to me and that can hurt a show (see DemThrones). But unlike Thrones which was a solid ride from start to finish for the most part, this joint started off slow. Too slow, IMO.

they just didn't stick the landing for me.

Nobody is perfect. MCU has some great highs, lots of mids, and some lows. This was mid at best for me.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
that's cool. The ending hurt it alot for me.

started off slow, climbed high, and then flatlined for me.

the acting by Paul Bettany was great. Liz too.

The execution of the ending was very weak to me and that can hurt a show (see DemThrones). But unlike Thrones which was a solid ride from start to finish for the most part, this joint started off slow. Too slow, IMO.

they just didn't stick the landing for me.

Nobody is perfect. MCU has some great highs, lots of mids, and some lows. This was mid at best for me.
Yeah, I gave it 7.5/10 which is a solid C in grading. I agree uneven, some real big highs but actually mostly mid and some bad stuff.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, I gave it 7.5/10 which is a solid C in grading. I agree uneven, some real big highs but actually mostly mid and some bad stuff.
Yeah. 6.5 tops for me. Closer to 6.

Mackie and Bucky look like a good buddy cop show dressed up in comic superhero form. I expect it to be entertaining.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
:stopitslime:

The post I was responding to called Logan a “cold blooded murdered” in defense of Wanda...

The point I was making was that he was still shown to be a hero despite his flaws. The movies were always aware of those flaws, though. WandaVision was unaware or willfully ignorant....which lead to a bizarre final scene with Monica that makes this new super hero in the mcu look like a dumb ass, and a villain in the show who was villainized for no other reason than trying to stop Wanda...which was what everyone should have been doing. Not shouting "you go girl"

you right. Good shyt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps