Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I like the show well enough, even now....but I can't give future credit to the next Dr. Strange movie for hypothetically fixing things they messed up in this series. If and when that happens, cool. Until then, they sent crazy mixed signals as to what they were going for with Wanda.

The people of Westview: "Please let us sleep....we have your nightmares when we close our eyes."

The very next scene....

Monica: "They'll never know how much you sacrificed for them."

YH84LUO.png

It's like....what? That Monica scene was tacked on as hell. It seems like they just wanted to give her something to do real quick since she was absent most of the ep. It would've did the character more justice if she was the one that pleaded with Wanda and talked her into giving up the town. As it stands she was a major character for most of the series and didn't do much of anything in the finale.

Side note I forgot to mention yesterday, I was legit
jsvRtO4.png
when Hayward tried to clap the kids. I'm surprised he didn't suddenly grow a mustache to twirl.

Fred.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It would've did the character more justice if she was the one that pleaded with Wanda and talked her into giving up the town.
This is where I thought this was headed originally. That everyone was affected by the snap had been drawn here and it was going to end up as some kind of catharsis that Wanda realized her grief wasn’t completely alone. That Monica would be the one to break through the sitcom scenario.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Both, but the movies were always aware that he was dangerous. Remember him escaping earth to save the people of earth from himself? The Accords?
X Men movies were always aware that Wolverine was a b*stard.
And in the movies Thor never kills humans and actively takes pride in being a hero.

In this show the new protagonist super hero reassures Wanda and chastises her victims for not being thankful.
It's not the same.

Logan isn't a b*stard, he's a soldier and soldiers kill. He's heroic but is more than willing to carry the burden of killing so his allies don't have to.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I'm not saying she had to answer for anything, I'm saying treating her sympathetically toward the end and acting like the people of Westview should be thankful to her is flat out dumb. It just is. Think about what she did to them. Why were they just standing there milling around at the end? Why weren't they running in terror?

I like Wanda...always have..one of the few new additions that I cared much about...but shes not sympathetic here and its weird to pretend she is.

and, frankly, she would be a dope villain to follow up Thanos....but they half stepped.

I think she is/can be sympathetic. To me Monica's reaction was what was out of place, not the towns people.

Them milling around like they did and even almost kind of rushing her shows you that while what they went through was painful and scary, they were privy to Wanda's feelings inside the hex, there was some intimacy there in a fukked up way.

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This is where I thought this was headed originally. That everyone was affected by the snap had been drawn here and it was going to end up as some kind of catharsis that Wanda realized her grief wasn’t completely alone. That Monica would be the one to break through the sitcom scenario.

That would have been the best route honestly.

I'm sure there'd be even more magic negro complaints but it would have made more sense and kicked off her career as a hero with a big W. Instead, SPECTRUM of all people is getting knocked around by....

Covid fukked up the timeline for these shows. wandavision was supposed t drop after loki and soldier. then lead right in to dr strange. all these shows shoulda been out. wandavision woulda dropped this month. then strange woulda dropped in may

Ralp's Boner would have been slightly less intrusive:dame: if this wasn't the opening act.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Matt Shakman is such a...fakkit.

:francis:

I think she is/can be sympathetic. To me Monica's reaction was what was out of place, not the towns people.

Them milling around like they did and even almost kind of rushing her shows you that while what they went through was painful and scary, they were privy to Wanda's feelings inside the hex, there was some intimacy there in a fukked up way.
Eh...maybe but I don’t think the show earned that. Every other time someone got snapped out of it they instantly started begging for their life, and in that last scene they were literally just choked nearly to death.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Logan isn't a b*stard, he's a soldier and soldiers kill. He's heroic but is more than willing to carry the burden of killing so his allies don't have to.
:stopitslime:

The post I was responding to called Logan a “cold blooded murdered” in defense of Wanda...

The point I was making was that he was still shown to be a hero despite his flaws. The movies were always aware of those flaws, though. WandaVision was unaware or willfully ignorant....which lead to a bizarre final scene with Monica that makes this new super hero in the mcu look like a dumb ass, and a villain in the show who was villainized for no other reason than trying to stop Wanda...which was what everyone should have been doing. Not shouting "you go girl"

Last edited:
Daps
I haven’t watched any of the Avenger movies. Not one :yeshrug:

I started watching this show because it was reviewing really well. I had no idea it was a superhero show. Still, I enjoyed it, and me knowing nothing about the Avengers movies didn’t really affect anything.

The last 2 episodes were a little too “superhero-y” for me, but not terrible. The first half of the show was crazy though. :ehh:

My nikka... you telling me that you never seen not one movie in the marvel cinematic universe? :gucci:

Daps
Ahhh gotcha.

Im starting right after I finish studying.

I haven’t heard anything about the show except that it’s very different so I’m excited.

I’ll probably be back with my own weird theories by this evening lol

Do it breh. You gotta watch this so you can be ready to go in with us on Falcon and Winter Soldier next week :myman:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Eh...maybe but I don’t think the show earned that. Every other time someone got snapped out of it they instantly started begging for their life, and in that last scene they were literally just choked nearly to death.

Nah they didn’t earn it but it’s implied, especially by Monica that despite being forced to share in her pain and grief and even thrown from the Hex she knew her intentions weren’t to kill her or else she’d be dead.

I can see them kinda being lost and trying to process all of that.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Do it breh. You gotta watch this so you can be ready to go in with us on Falcon and Winter Soldier next week :myman:

I finished it last night.

If I didn’t know anything about it and watched the episodes as they came out, I probably would’ve stopped watching after the 2nd episode, but MAN am I glad I waited.

That shyt was excellent!

One of the most entertaining and well put together shows I’ve seen in a good minute.

I might go back and watch the whole shyt again while I’m out on Spring Break.