Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
And from what I remember Iron Man coming out wasn't looked at as some big event or anything. I just remember word of mouth being strong as hell around it and that leading to people going out and checking it out based off of that.

Actually it was. They had a lot of well known talent cast. It was Marvel Studios first movie and the budget was $140 million. They literally bet everything on this movie.

It did $100 million opening weekend and after they it was a wrap.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
directorially it was poor - no tension, poorly structured action scenes, bland. in terms of closing out the season it left too many hanging chads. some character arcs were not well resolved. that marks it out as being the worst episode in my book but then again it wasn't awful. just sub-par.
No tension? Wtf..lol. You haven't read this thread, eh?

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
157746768_920275885374012_370418251919926706_n.jpg

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
No tension? Wtf..lol. You haven't read this thread, eh?

Yup no tension. None whatsoever.

and all this other junk:

directorially it was poor - no tension, poorly structured action scenes, bland. in terms of closing out the season it left too many hanging chads. some character arcs were not well resolved. that marks it out as being the worst episode in my book but then again it wasn't awful. just sub-par.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
One final tidbit that seemed to go over peoples heads.

Agatha said the scarlett witch isnt born, its forged. She showed powers when she was 10 which means

1. Something happened to her when she was younger that "forged" her.

2. There is a strong possibility, those weren't her biological parents or BROTHER.

3. She could have gave quicksilver his powers the same way agatha gave Ralph his powers in this show. She was experimented on first. They never showed her brother. So technically, we don't know how he got his powers becasue wanda already had hers.

So what happened to wanda at birth?
And if that's not her real family, where are they really? Another dimension perhaps? Is she even from this dimension in the first place?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
A black woman is directing Captain Marvel 2 so I have faith in it
even then a different director sometimes makes the character better
That don’t mean anything in Hollywood today. Monica shouldn’t even be connected to Carol

the 1st black woman Avenger should have her own film not become the main white women side character

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Actually it was. They had a lot of well known talent cast. It was Marvel Studios first movie and the budget was $140 million. They literally bet everything on this movie.

It did $100 million opening weekend and after they it was a wrap.
What's this got to do with anything I said? I'm speaking from the consumers. Sony spent a ton of money on the movie and went all out promoting it, but if the movie was garbage it would have tanked. All the hype was around The Dark Knight and Heath Ledger as Joker.

Mainstream people didn't care about Marvel Studios like that yet. They got Robert Downey for cheap since people doubted if he could stay clean and if he still could be a leading man. Terrance Howard was at his peak popularity but still not requiring a crazy salary. The biggest name was probably Paltrow. The rise in salaries didn't come until after this movie proved to be a success.

Hell in the NY Times when talking about the opening weekend the first words spoken are about word of mouth.

‘Iron Man’ Impressive in Opening Weekend (Published 2008)

LOS ANGELES — “Iron Man” blasted into the box office stratosphere over the weekend, selling an estimated $100.8 million in tickets at North American theaters and almost certainly establishing a new movie franchise for Marvel Entertainment.

“The word of mouth through the weekend was tremendous,” said David Maisel, chairman of Marvel Studios, the New York entertainment company’s newly created film production unit. “I can’t think of a better start.”

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
What's this got to do with anything I said? I'm speaking from the consumers. Sony spent a ton of money on the movie and went all out promoting it, but if the movie was garbage it would have tanked. All the hype was around The Dark Knight and Heath Ledger as Joker.

Mainstream people didn't care about Marvel Studios like that yet. They got Robert Downey for cheap since people doubted if he could stay clean and if he still could be a leading man. Terrance Howard was at his peak popularity but still not requiring a crazy salary. The biggest name was probably Paltrow. The rise in salaries didn't come until after this movie proved to be a success.

Hell in the NY Times when talking about the opening weekend the first words spoken are about word of mouth.

‘Iron Man’ Impressive in Opening Weekend (Published 2008)

LOS ANGELES — “Iron Man” blasted into the box office stratosphere over the weekend, selling an estimated $100.8 million in tickets at North American theaters and almost certainly establishing a new movie franchise for Marvel Entertainment.

“The word of mouth through the weekend was tremendous,” said David Maisel, chairman of Marvel Studios, the New York entertainment company’s newly created film production unit. “I can’t think of a better start.”

Terrance Howard got paid more than RDJ. He actually took a $1 million dollar pay cut and convinced them fo hire RDJ. Howard got paid $3.5 million and the promised him a $5 million bump if a sequel got green lit.

Jeff Bridges and Gwenth Paltrow were well known actors, but I digress.

Peoole knew about Iron Man, and the money they put into marketing helped create a buzz. You make it seem like it had a weak opening weekend and it rose on week 2 because of word of mouth.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Forgives? What does she want to forgive Wanda for? She said outright she would bring her mother back if she had Wanda's power..thats why she took her side. People are watching this and picking when they want to pay attention to the facts.

And thats a whack reason considering she didn't have to mind rape those innocent people to bring vision back.

Monica could relate to Wanda's loss. And it's almost as if she was on a suicide mission the entire show.

She was "dead" for 5 years
Comes back and finds out her mom died
Shes not going to be Director of SWORD.

No closure, and then shes flung into this story.

They could've done more, but once again, the show wasn't about her.

This take makes a little more sense. But if she really wanted to go on a suicide mission she'd help Hayward take out the all powerful psycho woman.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What happened to the kids? And will Quicksilver exist outside of the show?

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
In all fairness... the cats that actually hate Marvel and try at every attempt to hate on Marvel or knock them down a peg..... already made that argument and per them if it wasn’t for BLADE there would be no MCU.

So it’s BLADE, not X-men.

And secondly. Yes Logon was pretty good, but we can’t forget it took Fox 9 tries.:usure:

Nine:beli:

Also.... it’s been topped but we not gonna get into that right now.:hubie:

sorry but I felt compelled to respond to this terrible response. Many things wrong here. Blade did in fact kick things off Bc it was R rated and still made success. xmen was couple years later but was a huge BLOCKBUSTER HIT. pg13 more in line with how MCU foresaw itself. Xmens success played a huge role.

Secondly there are several extremely well made marvel films outside of Disney. You’re kidding yourself. First Class belongs in upper echelon of all time marvel films period. OG X2 and days future are as good as any good mcu movie that comes and goes.

Logan is second only to DK in best comic book film adaption. Everything can be debatable on this forum and that’s fine and dandy. Avengers has all the classic comic book come to life nostalgia that will always generate more emotions from fans. But if you talking true cinema art work with top notch acting performances (Patrick Stewart deserved an award for that role, Jackson best wolverine performance as well) Logan and DK are 1a and 1b

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had to read the thread before commenting. Yo, this is an all timer. :russ:
To review the series I give it a 7.5/10. The sitcom stuff in the hex and episode 8 (really a couple of those flashbacks were like some of the best scenes in MCU history) was done really well. Like better than a lot of MCU stuff. But the SWORD outside the bubble shyt was almost the exact opposite. Bad writing and some bad acting really brought that shyt down. So overall mostly uneven with some really good stuff and some meh to bad stuff.
I am glad none of the FOX mutants are coming over to the MCU but I don't think trolling fans is a good idea. BUT in Marvel/Feige's defense I think he may be annoyed @ the uber nerd/youtube community and wanted to stick it to them and not necessarily the individual fan. Youtube theorists like Comic book Cast, Den of Nerds, Cosmic Wonder, Everything Always etc. especially and related channels act like they are super smart and paying attention to all the information in order to come up with theories or they are saying they have 'sources' when all they are doing is quoting made up theories from reddit. They are making up shyt out of thin air using info out there to justify their lies and they are doing it for clicks. When Disney got the FOX rights back Feige explicitly said he's not doing any mutant stuff anytime soon. When he presented at comic con in 2019 he told you what the slate was and after the Blade announcement made off hand remark mutants are coming. So he telegraphed MUTANTS AREN'T COMING TO THE MCU ANYTIME SOON. But what did all these theory channels do? Make video after video lying and saying they have 'sources' that Omega Red is going to be in Falcon and the Winter Soldier as well as Wolverine, Mephisto has been cast, Iam McKellan met with Feige so that must mean something, etc.
Especially during the pandemic when the MCU had to stop the lies got insane. So I think Ralph Bohner was for them, to discredit them, Marvel knew showing Evan Peters would spark all kind of wild unsubstantiated rumors, he was right and all those theory channels especially look dumb. I guess fans of theories and guessing what comes next got caught up to but this was a shot across the bow.
"Watch the shyt and stop trying to guess what happens next cause you're going to be disappointed." Is this a smart thing to do? Probably not but I understand where the energy comes from.

Also like my man @Bryan Danielson pointed out. I guess it doesn't seem right for Wanda to walk away unscathed but who is going to check her? This is what I thought people wanted, complex unorthodox stories that don't end so neatly but I guess some wanted a happy ending where the bad guy gets what is coming to them. MCU is past that.

And also, despite the Quicksilver misdirect we got a mutant reference in ep 8 Agnes confirmed Wanda was born with magic powers and used them to stop that bomb from going off. But I guess heads wanted something of more bombast and are disappointed.

A few things, even though I agree that people went wild with the theories, the blame is ultimately Marvel for even setting up so much double worded meanings, Easter Eggs and mystery as to what's going on that lead to people coming up with these theories. Especially the biggest blemish of the whole Quicksilver. They purposely put it out there for people to theorize and go ham with it then played along with these fake leaks and sources and actors acting all smudge and coy about "special guest stars" and in the end NONE OF IT MATTERED. People still are acting like this show was "setting up" Dr. Strange or Spider-Man and really it's not. There's no point to say it is based off the point they wasted these so-called hints as bullshyt. They could of just told a STRAIGHT UP character arc story about how Wanda's grief and depression led up to her becoming the Scarlet Witch without all the nonsense and Easter Eggs and so-called clues that maybe or maybe not be part of other MCU installments. And you wouldn't have these wild theories. But Marvel baited it and it bit them in the ass. That's why the director of the finale had to temper down expectations because they realize they created something that gotten overblown.

2nd, the finale is BAD regardless. And I believe people would of been upset no matter what. It's no so much about being wrong, but dissatisfied at what they did show. A good contrasting comparison is the finale of the Mandalorian season 2. There were wild theories and predictions leading up to that finale, but EVERYONE was satisfied with what they got which both properly concluded that seasons why successfully setting up things in the future along with spinoffs.

Lastly, the biggest problem: The resolution with Wanda. All that occurred and nothing from her to learn from it? What was the whole point of this series? Granted I know it's an origin tale of Scarlet Witch with a subplot origin of Photon.Spectrum, but it felt unearned. As if Marvel wanted to tease that Wanda's a villain, but they rather use half-measures rather than make it clear cut which is why the finale is befuddling. Even Monica's character arc is weak and unearned as to her connection with Wanda, because we don't see an example shown to Monica grieving or feeling a sense of loss. No emotional connection. Or no emotional connection between Wanda and Agatha. Agatha would of been the most interesting character, but the finale had her resorted to another cookie cutter villain, when technically she wasn't truly villainous at all. Nor Director Hayward. I would of respected it more had Marvel WENT THERE and made it clear, cut and dry that Wanda is undoubtedly the villain, Monica the HERO, Agatha more of an Antihero, and Director Hayward a by the book agent. Then had Monica be the one conflicted as to convincing Wanda to do the right thing, still defying Hayward, but so make the decision of trying to stop or fight Wanda once she realize that Wanda is too far gone. This showing the contrast of how Monica could overcome her own loss by witnessing how far gone Wanda has gone. Even with Monica unable to stop Wanda because of her being too powerful, at least it would give reason for her and SWORD to seek for someone like a Dr. Strange. But that's just my opinion.