Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
MGbfYMt.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
100%.

Then write a show where we aren’t asked to root for a hostage taker wiping someone’s mind because she’s grieving.

There’s a way to do nuanced villains and heroes but if you aren’t doing that kind of writing in favor of dikk jokes. The writers shouldn’t be surprised when people notice the cracks.

Great acting though.

Agreed.

They just didn't stick the landing at all.

Agatha ended up being one dimensional. Vitiligo Vision missed as well. And Hayward fell flat.

Bethany did kill it as Vision. Wasn't his fault. Liz did her thing too.

The Boner thing....corny as fukk.

Missed an opportunity with Monica imo. Hopefully she'll get some shine in Captain Marvel 2

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The bad guy won in WandaVision that doesn't necessarily make it bad writing.
The Ralph Bohner joke was one joke and really did not subvert the theme of the show. :mjgrin:
I’m okay with the bad guy winning. I’m saying acknowledge they are the bad guy which I personally feel like they never fully committed. Even having Monica come in the end like...same girl. I feel you.

It felt like those Hayes Code era rules. Like somebody has to pay for this, but it won’t be Wanda so....

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
If we fully accept Wanda as the villain how come Hayward isn’t the cop going rogue against the villain?

With everything I pointed out Wanda did. How come he wasn’t the cop going rogue against extraordinary odds by bringing an Avenger back online to stop the villain?

That’s why they had him lie about the body when that doesn’t make sense so they needed a kid killing, lying government agent trope.

:ehh:

At the end of the day IF the children "were alive" who "killed" them in the end.

Wanda ...

CookDat

Shaken, not stirred.
Daps
Reppin
DMV
There's a big disconnect between how good this show coulda been vs. How good it actually was.

I dont wanna sound like a complete hater so Ima just get this out the way. I enjoyed episodes 3 thru 7. But the other 4 episodes were rough.

The show is pretty inconsistent on almost all fronts. Certain plotlines have some very unsatisfying endings (Fox Quicksilver being brought in for nothing) or they straight up dont do anything for me (Monica's whole arc). And even tho I think overall this was a decent show, I can truly say that I'll never get the urge to rewatch this.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Episode 8 really was great and upped my rating a half or full point.
  • Showing her parents death and Stark bomb
  • Vision comforting Wanda @ Avengers Headquarters
  • Heyward trying to manipulate her into taking his body
All that shyt was done very well I was actually amazed because the actor who plays Heyward is kinda over the top except for that one scene.