Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He made a throwaway joke that fanboys took and ran with. That's on the fans for taking any little comment and trying to be the one to crack the code that'll reveal the secrets a show is going to reveal instead of just letting what happens on the screen play out.

That "throwaway joke" helped drive viewership of the show after those comments, so I'm sure that Disney was happy that he made it. People tuned in to see the reveal of the "major cameo" because of those comments, so it's a double edged sword.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. That's the mantra of how Hollywood works and people can't get upset when others complain about it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm glad marvel hit y'all "purists" with a :troll: mfs been in here arguing about why their theory is right and others are wrong just for them to not be close:mjlol: sit back and watch the show

Isn't theories and expectations what drive television viewership and other forms of medium?

That's how Marvel and other properties have been making their money.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Bingo. I just said this to my boy when he texted me.

Fanboys are the easiest fukking marks in history. The internet makes a killing off rumors and innuendo. We see “Easter eggs” and start connecting dots that aren’t really there only to get upset when it turns out they’re not really there.

Fanboy expectation vs creator intent is a real thing and fans need to realize they’re not in control. Projecting shyt onto a show because it’s what you want vs what the show wants to do is a problem. It’s a show about scarlet witch and her journey. All the extra fanboy shyt doesn’t make it good or bad; it makes it fan service. If this is the story they want to tell then let it live and die on those merits, not expectations you have based on YouTube videos you watched and some rumor you read.

This was a good episode and a dope show overall about pain and grief and trauma and dealing with all that to come out on the other side. But it’s easy to miss that while putting on the Sherlock Holmes hat and trying to outsmart the creators.

sometimes a fukking cigar is just a fukking cigar.
I agree with all of that however I do think that people being annoyed by the Quicksilver stuff is justified.
They could have hired any random actor in Hollywood to be Fake Pietro yet they chose the guy who plays the role in the X-Men movies. That was always going to make people jump to the conclusion that this meant something more than just a wink and a nod casting decision.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That "throwaway joke" helped drive viewership of the show after those comments, so I'm sure that Disney was happy that he made it. People tuned in to see the reveal of the "major cameo" because of those comments, so it's a double edged sword.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. That's the mantra of how Hollywood works and people can't get upset when others complain about it.

Thank you. That's what it comes down to and while I thought the theories were dumb/hilarious, I can't place the onus of disappointment on the viewers themselves.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Isn't theories and expectations what drive television viewership and other forms of medium?

That's how Marvel and other properties have been making their money.
Nah I'm talking bout the obnoxious mfs that act like they work for marvel and just so much more knowledgeable than everyone else... if the shoe fits :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree with all of that however I do think that people being annoyed by the Quicksilver stuff is justified.
They could have hired any random actor in Hollywood to be Fake Pietro yet they chose the guy who plays the role in the X-Men movies. That was always going to make people jump to the conclusion that this meant something more than just a wink and a nod casting decision.
Of course. That’s why I said I get the frustration even if I don’t feel it. Completely get it. But I don’t think that makes the show “bad” or means they whiffed because their intentions didn’t match up with what a fan expected