Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
Which is why people just need to watch television for what it is. Reddit and discussion forums have created this theory phenomenon where everyone wants to feel like they know it all.
I mean that’s the coli in a nut shell, half the people here racing to be first, you got nikkas in the coli saying the migos have no chance of coming back from bad solo albums....fukk the last two platinum migo albums, let’s kill these nikkas careers before it happen:russ:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's a fair point, but it ignores that they intentionally put all this misleading stuff in there.
And you cant really judge it on its own merit because a large majority was just setting up later movies.
On its own merit we were introduced to a bunch of random characters that had no significance to the pain and suffering part you're focusing on.

Ultimately they intentionally set high expectations for ratings and then didnt deliver. It's fine if you want to call it a troll job, but that doesnt make it good writing.

I disagree on the latter. good writing doesnt mean it connects to some larger universe. good writing is about consistent arcs and compelling stories within the thing you're doing. When marvel movies lose me, like age of ultron, it's because they're trying to do way too much and focus so much on the future without looking at the present.

The best writing is self contained while still putting lampshades on future things or opening up avenues. both of those things were accomplished here.

And this isn't the first time they've done a bait and switch to fukk with expectations, so I get the reaction to that. But I also know its not on the creator(s) to do what fans want all the time just because they want it.

Last edited:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
obviously still time to build... but did you leave this show more excited for Captain Marvel 2? she was fine, but i wouldn't believe anyone if they said they're more hype for that movie right now.
Wasn’t hyped at all for that movie before but Monica’s got me intrigued. I think where they really fumbled is that this doesn’t make me anymore hype for Strange or Spider-Man than I already was

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I disagree on the latter. good writing doesnt mean it connects to some larger universe. good writing is about consistent arcs and compelling stories within the thing you're doing. When marvel movies lose me, like age of ultra, it's because they're trying to do way too much and focus so much on the future without looking at the present.

The best writing is self contained while still putting lampshades on future things or opening up avenues. both of those things were accomplished here.

And this isn't the first time they've done a bait and switch to fukk with expectations, so I get the reaction to that. But I also know its not on the creator(s) to do what fans want all the time just because they want it.
Its' not just because they/we want it...it's because they led us to believe it. And I agree with your point about consistent story telling, its just that this seems inconsistent as a result of their spending so much time and energy misleading people.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Its' not just because they/we want it...it's because they led us to believe it. And I agree with your point about consistent story telling, its just that this seems inconsistent as a result of their spending so much time and energy misleading people.
Eh I don’t think they spent time and energy doing that tho. Wanda clearly knew something was up with dude. She knew that. She said it. So the energy was put toward who is he actually not is he crossing the fox marvel streams. Again, that’s interpretation rather than creator intent.

now if the creators were out in public talking it up and saying how it’s going to be this huge universe shifting narrative, I’d be right there with you ready to storm the castle. But they didn’t. They said they weren’t going to talk about the mystery because they wanted it to unfold. And because fans are fans, they ran with that in the direction they did.

For me that just goes back to expectations, entitlement, and not being in the writers room

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
So the Westview residents just passed through the Hex at least twice.

Will they have DNA altered like Monica?

Doubt it.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Eh I don’t think they spent time and energy doing that tho. Wanda clearly knew something was up with dude. She knew that. She said it. So the energy was put toward who is he actually not is he crossing the fox marvel streams. Again, that’s interpretation rather than creator intent.

now if the creators were out in public talking it up and saying how it’s going to be this huge universe shifting narrative, I’d be right there with you ready to storm the castle. But they didn’t. They said they weren’t going to talk about the mystery because they wanted it to unfold. And because fans are fans, they ran with that in the direction they did.

For me that just goes back to expectations, entitlement, and not being in the writers room
They didn't have to use his Fox actor
But they did
Right before a movie called the mulyiverse of madness
You're talking just to talk at this point

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The only character that made it from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was a book

:lolbron:
And if you weren't a diehard AOS watcher you wouldn't even have realized that is where the Darkhold came from.

They didn't even treat it like it was a powerful object at all. It was more like it was a magical almanac.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They didn't have to use his Fox actor
But they did
Right before a movie called the mulyiverse of madness
You're talking just to talk at this point
No I said what I said. If you disagree that’s cool. If you wished they would’ve done it differently that’s also cool. I’m saying how I feel about it and a larger shyt I’ve seen when it comes to fanboys and how we can be.

like I said I understand the frustration I just don’t feel it

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree on the latter. good writing doesnt mean it connects to some larger universe. good writing is about consistent arcs and compelling stories within the thing you're doing. When marvel movies lose me, like age of ultron, it's because they're trying to do way too much and focus so much on the future without looking at the present.

Exactly.

This was always set up to be and succeeded in being a character piece of Wanda being overcome by and coming to terms with her grief and I enjoyed the hell out of that story. Regardless of all the ancillary stuff going on and the rampant theorizing, that's the show you signed up to watch.

If you forgot that along the way? That's on you.