Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The thing though is that it was too late as people's expectations and theories had gotten out of control by that point.

Plus a lot of people more than likely never heard those comments on GMA and came in with the expectations of being blown away by the cameo.

Which is why people just need to watch television for what it is. Reddit and discussion forums have created this theory phenomenon where everyone wants to feel like they know it all.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
obviously still time to build... but did you leave this show more excited for Captain Marvel 2? she was fine, but i wouldn't believe anyone if they said they're more hype for that movie right now.

I mean we'll see when we get there. Ms.Marvel will lead into CM2 as well. After watching the finale tho, I feel like they should have given Monica a transitional show to lead into the sequel. She's potentially one of the more powerful characters on the MCU roster, but you would have never come to that conclusion after watching Wandavision. It would be cool to see her wrestle and learn her new abilities so we can see her become a powerful force in CM2.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:russ: you fell for the :troll: and did that JUST to get y’all excited. It wasn’t a blunder it was on purpose to get y’all talking and have more heads watching the show.

The fact they released this show week by week was too their advantage.

They WANTED y’all to come up with theories and coming back for more to get those streaming numbers up. And the fact y’all thought they were gonna introduce mutants and the multi-verse on a Disney+ show is :mjlol:

It was called WANDAVISION!

This was basically Scarlet Witch’s origin story.
Bingo. I just said this to my boy when he texted me.

Fanboys are the easiest fukking marks in history. The internet makes a killing off rumors and innuendo. We see “Easter eggs” and start connecting dots that aren’t really there only to get upset when it turns out they’re not really there.

Fanboy expectation vs creator intent is a real thing and fans need to realize they’re not in control. Projecting shyt onto a show because it’s what you want vs what the show wants to do is a problem. It’s a show about scarlet witch and her journey. All the extra fanboy shyt doesn’t make it good or bad; it makes it fan service. If this is the story they want to tell then let it live and die on those merits, not expectations you have based on YouTube videos you watched and some rumor you read.

This was a good episode and a dope show overall about pain and grief and trauma and dealing with all that to come out on the other side. But it’s easy to miss that while putting on the Sherlock Holmes hat and trying to outsmart the creators.

sometimes a fukking cigar is just a fukking cigar.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Which is why people just need to watch television for what it is. Reddit and discussion forums have created this theory phenomenon where everyone wants to feel like they know it all.

True, but again Paul Bettany made the comments though. So he allowed the theories and speculation to run rampant with his comments. The majority of people wouldn't consider Vision as the "major cameo."

Even he knew he fukked up with the comments when he admitted the truth yesterday on GMA about it. It happens all the time in Hollywood and then you have the actors/actresses and directors getting pissed and upset when people aren't happy with the outcome.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I mean we'll see when we get there. Ms.Marvel will lead into CM2 as well. After watching the finale tho, I feel like they should have given Monica a transitional show to lead into the sequel. She's potentially one of the more powerful characters on the MCU roster, but you would have never come to that conclusion after watching Wandavision. It would be cool to see her wrestle and learn her new abilities so we can see her become a powerful force in CM2.
we got enough here. i get the character.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
ok, but you're making it seem like this is an isolated thing. that's how the MCU has worked to this point, and they usually do a solid job of paying shyt off. the weekly release schedule probably amplifies that a ton, but if they "trolled*" this was the first time they really said "fukk you" to the people they knew would speculate on shyt.

*"trolling" is old now that republicans think they are masters at it
Again you’re assuming their payoffs are your payoffs tho. That’s the problem. It’s not about them changing the way they do things. It’s about them not doing what you expected or wanted.

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
I don’t think this is really a spoiler but I’ll do it any way
what was the point of Monica? I feel like she did nothing the entire season...especially this episode
:gucci: They introduced a major character that will be in captain marvel two and the mcu period, im a casual but damn google my nikka, that bytch Monica powerful as fukk

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Bingo. I just said this to my boy when he texted me.

Fanboys are the easiest fukking marks in history. The internet makes a killing off rumors and innuendo. We see “Easter eggs” and start connecting dots that aren’t really there only to get upset when it turns out they’re not really there.

Fanboy expectation vs creator intent is a real thing and fans need to realize they’re not in control. Projecting shyt onto a show because it’s what you want vs what the show wants to do is a problem. It’s a show about scarlet witch and her journey. All the extra fanboy shyt doesn’t make it good or bad; it makes it fan service. If this is the story they want to tell then let it live and die on those merits, not expectations you have based on YouTube videos you watched and some rumor you read.

This was a good episode and a dope show overall about pain and grief and trauma and dealing with all that to come out on the other side. But it’s easy to miss that while putting on the Sherlock Holmes hat and trying to outsmart the creators.

sometimes a fukking cigar is just a fukking cigar.
It's a fair point, but it ignores that they intentionally put all this misleading stuff in there.
And you cant really judge it on its own merit because a large majority was just setting up later movies.
On its own merit we were introduced to a bunch of random characters that had no significance to the pain and suffering part you're focusing on.

Ultimately they intentionally set high expectations for ratings and then didnt deliver. It's fine if you want to call it a troll job, but that doesnt make it good writing.