Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It's what makes the most sense with all the "6hr run time" talking point, imo :francis:

And to be fair, we normally miss when it comes to predicting episode's lengths -even when the show runner or an actor tell us who long the season could be-. It happened with GOT, The Mandalorian and now this.

I'd gladly take two 1 hr episodes to close out this season/series but I'm not expecting it.
What exactly would happen in such long episodes though?

Magic isn’t really a physically demanding event to show.

Dr. Strange basically ended with him talking down the villain.

She and Agatha should be able to wipe Hayward out in a minute.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
"The Mandalorian" is another reason I said Disney+ needs to stop being afraid of regular 50-60 minute run times man.
With "GOT" people were talking about the eps would be "movie length" but at least they were around an hour. This shyt is consistently 30-40 minutes. :francis:

Hopefully the last two eps break that trend. Otherwise saying "6 hour run time" would be like saying you won a month of free pizza but every time it's delivered there's 2-3 slices missing.

End credits longer than Jill Scott's titties but not nearly as nice to look at. :francis:

Fred.
wandavision.jpg_1827178457.jpg

:angry:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What exactly would happen in such long episodes though?

Magic isn’t really a physically demanding event to show.

Dr. Strange basically ended with him talking down the villain.

She and Agatha should be able to wipe Hayward out in a minute.

To be honest I haven't been bothered by the episodes lengths except this last ep. I felt the "Monica has powers" and "Agatha is behind all of this" could've used a couple more scenes to flesh them out, instead of saving it for the last 2 episodes.

I'm just saying that people should probably not get their hopes of when it comes to episodes running times unless the streaming service (or cable channel) actually confirm how long the eps will be :manny:

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in the camp that runtime doesn't matter as much as meaningful content does.

For example, last episode. Some people think it was filler, but I think that it was key in further estblashing why Vision would even bother to go back for Wanda after their last conversation, and more importantly, further cementing that aside from being an idealized version of him from Wanda's POV initially, this is basically Vision in name only. For me, at least, that was more important than them maybe using the whole episode to show Agatha fukking around in the background of the previous six episodes.

But going from how most "prestige" TV shows work, there are two ways this goes. Either the next episode is where the actual shyt goes down, and episode nine is all fallout and setup for where Wanda (and maybe Vision and Agatha) is to start Doctor Strange 2, or we get an origin episode for Agatha this week, then culmination next week. Either way, neither option particularly NEEDS more than 30-40 minutes.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

For example, last episode. Some people think it was filler, but I think that it was key in further estblashing why Vision would even bother to go back for Wanda after their last conversation, and more importantly, further cementing that aside from being an idealized version of him from Wanda's POV initially, this is basically Vision in name only. For me, at least, that was more important than them maybe using the whole episode to show Agatha fukking around in the background of the previous six episodes.

But going from how most "prestige" TV shows work, there are two ways this goes. Either the next episode is where the actual shyt goes down, and episode nine is all fallout and setup for where Wanda (and maybe Vision and Agatha) is to start Doctor Strange 2, or we get an origin episode for Agatha this week, then culmination next week. Either way, neither option particularly NEEDS more than 30-40 minutes.

The sole reason people care about the run time is Elizabeth Olsen and Matt Shakman (the director) quoted around 6 hours as the run time.

Fred.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Anybody whose saying this last ep was filler is hating on monica :camby:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
She was in the episode like 5 minutes man. :gucci:

I don't think the ep was filler but we don't need scenes of Darcy and Vision driving around unless Darcy is naked.

Fred.

I agree with you on the darcy thing, shes trash, but it gives Vision a chance to finally figure out who the fukk he is and why he'd even want to help Wanda. Most reasonable people would want to just dip out on somebody whose basically been holding them hostage.

Monica got her powers last ep which was something that we really needed to get out the way. That in of itself was probably the most meaningful thing since she will probably be in 10+ years worth of marvel projects.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Anybody whose saying this last ep was filler is hating on monica :camby:
Honestly I’m still not sure why they thought that rover would work. The drone went through cause it was era appropriate.The beekeeper was altered down to the rope.

How did they get from that to, nah you can just drill through.

Better off just throwing a rock with a message wrapped around it.