Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Damn bruh put ya flat top on I thought my memory was ass
he might just legit be slow. I've seen it before, watching movies with a girl who is lost the entire time asking dumb questions the whole time.
Example...
Her; bu but how did he get from Dc to NYC that quickly?:dahell:
Me: :rudy: The film is edited in a way to imply that there has been a passage of time long enough for him to travel that distance.
See how it was morning in the previous scene but now its night as he exits a bus? They not gonna make us sit and watch him ride a bus 4 hours before advancing the story.

Her::wtf:

Me: Just pretend he has a teleportation device:dead:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
he might just legit be slow. I've seen it before, watching movies with a girl who is lost the entire time asking dumb questions the whole time.
Example...
Me: :rudy: The film is edited in a way to imply that there has been a passage of time long enough for him to travel that distance.
See how it was morning in the previous scene but now its night as he exits a bus? They not gonna make us sit and watch him ride a bus 4 hours before advancing the story.

:mjlol: Sounds like the shyt my sister does

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
they didnt want to kill Vision to destroy the Mind Stone, Cap suggested going to Wakanda to pull the stone since they have the best tech/people available to get the job done

Yeah I remember now, I think it was Shuri who was trying to get it out.

Damn bruh put ya flat top on I thought my memory was ass

I own my flattop :flabbynsick:

I haven't seen the movie since it was in theaters so that's my excuse. I remember mostly everything else about it tho :ehh:

Example...

Nah the movie came out years ago and I legit forgot :dead:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand all that.

I'm asking why would Mephisto have them in their OG comic outfits?

Why would he have them making "Kick Ass" jokes?

Some of this shyt is obviously just meta humor that people are over thinking.

Fred.

The entire show is META. Even things from outside the hex are regarded as meta-humor such as Darcy and Woo commenting that the (Marvel Cinematic) Universe have created a sitcom starring two Avengers. I think you, yourself, are overthinking this asking questions that are basically irrelevant. Unless you do not believe Mephisto or some other demonic entity is behind it.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was mephisto at first mainly bc of the actual comic book connection but I now think the big bad is Nightmare- and he will extend into DS2
It was rumored he was the big bad before they changed directors. I believe in the comics- Nightmare feeds of magic energy so it makes sense why he is using Wanda and allowing her to have kids....she produced another entity with magic powers for him to feed on.

Westview is just a manifestation of her dream life but in reality its....a nightmare...and I still think its possible Evan Peters is nightmare

They made references of Nightmare in this episode, they had an Easter egg of the Grim Reaper too in episode 2. But the one consistent references to include this episode is to Mephisto. Pietro even called the twins "demon spawns"...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The entire show is META. Even things from outside the hex are regarded as meta-humor such as Darcy and Woo commenting that the (Marvel Cinematic) Universe have created a sitcom starring two Avengers. I think you, yourself, are overthinking this asking questions that are basically irrelevant. Unless you do not believe Mephisto or some other demonic entity is behind it.

I don't believe it given the reasons stated, no. Is it possible? Of course.

I just think it's funny how you all arbitrarily decide what's important or what's "irrelevant". This whole back and forth started because someone stated Pietro would have no knowledge of Vision dying. I said he'd also have no knowledge of Sokovia and he'd also have no knowledge of his comic outfit, or "Kick Ass".

So why are some things he does (Sokovia memories, where they were dressed up as Black Widow and Nick Fury as a visual gag) suspicious but others are just written off as "irrelevant" (his comic outfit, the "Kick Ass" joke)?

There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
marvel(in the mcu) has had good history of making small easter eggs actually mean something or have a payoff later on in future projects. For instance they dropped subtle hints in multiple movies that black panther was going to make an appearance and he did. Sometime it can be a small thing becomes major like a circle on map turns out to be Wakanda. or it small thing just gets referenced again for continuity but it ultimately of no consequence ,like Jimmy Woo mastering the card trick, it all points to them being very much aware of how every easter egg will be interpreted by the audience.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe it given the reasons stated, no. Is it possible? Of course.

I just think it's funny how you all arbitrarily decide what's important or what's "irrelevant". This whole back and forth started because someone stated Pietro would have no knowledge of Vision dying. I said he'd also have no knowledge of Sokovia and he'd also have no knowledge of his comic outfit, or "Kick Ass".

So why are some things he does (Sokovia memories, where they were dressed up as Black Widow and Nick Fury as a visual gag) suspicious but others are just written off as "irrelevant" (his comic outfit, the "Kick Ass" joke)?

There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Fred.

It is public record about Wanda's and Pietro's background. We had a full rehash of their bios a few episodes ago when Agent Haywood was going through Wanda's background. It is not hard for anyone to know where Pietro's from. Whomever is portraying Pietro should know the general basics of his background and where he and Wanda are from and their general powers. Again, when he was speaking on childhood memory, he was more than likely making it up and using Wanda's emotional state as an excuse that she's suppressing her memories which gives him cover.

But trying to assume that every Easter Egg means more than just an Easter Egg, don't overthink it. Keep in mind, this is still WANDA'S WORLD. The only difference from this episode from the rest is that she's losing control. So, there are "pop references" like of Kick-Ass which stars both the Quicksilver actors. And that could be summed up that she seen the movie before and recognized that fake Pietro's face from that movie. It is clear that in the MCU they have pop references, so it's not unheard of, plus you see while they were leaving the theater the show titles of "The Incredibles" and "The Parent Trap", both meta-references that speaks on Wanda's current mindstate and her world. It's not much more deeper than that.