Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Daps
They should put in some nods to Full House :russ::mjlol:

Yeah, that's the only issue I have. The sitcoms they're modeling it after were before most of our (millenial's) time and definitely way before these children's time.

I watched episodes of I Love Lucy here and there growing up and some of those older sitcoms when they would re-air them, but not really... like, it was here and there.

So I'll know what they're nodding to, but it definitely would have been more culturally relevant if they had gone for the 80's - 90's style of sitcoms.

That's what we grew up on, our parents watched them too, and then the younger generation would get at least a little bit, because they become familiar with the sitcoms of our childhood through all the reboots they got going these days (Fuller House, Girl Meets World, etc etc).

But now that I think about it... I may have just answered my own question. :ehh:Most of the popular sitcoms of our day were family oriented. It had a husband, wife, and children, whereas a show like "I Love Lucy" and some of the popular sitcoms of that day revolved around a couple w/no children. So maybe that's why they chose to go that far back.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, that's the only issue I have. The sitcoms they're modeling it after were before most of our (millenial's) time and definitely way before these children's time.

I watched episodes of I Love Lucy here and there growing up and some of those older sitcoms when they would re-air them, but not really... like, it was here and there.

So I'll know what they're nodding to, but it definitely would have been more culturally relevant if they had gone for the 80's - 90's style of sitcoms.

That's what we grew up on, our parents watched them too, and then the younger generation would get at least a little bit, because they become familiar with the sitcoms of our childhood through all the reboots they got going these days (Fuller House, Girl Meets World, etc etc).

But now that I think about it... I may have just answered my own question. :ehh:Most of the popular sitcoms of our day were family oriented. It had a husband, wife, and children, whereas a show like "I Love Lucy" and some of the popular sitcoms of that day revolved around a couple w/no children. So maybe that's why they chose to go that far back.
Just watched a Paul Bettany interview promoting this and I think they are going to do every decade from the 50s to now. He let it slip they will be doing Malcolm in the Middle which was on from 2000 to 2006. He also says he got to work with an actor he highly respects from a latter decade not in any trailer as well.

Daps
Just watched a Paul Bettany interview promoting this and I think they are going to do every decade from the 50s to now. He let it slip they will be doing Malcolm in the Middle which was on from 2000 to 2006. He also says he got to work with an actor he highly respects from a latter decade not in any trailer as well.

:ohhh: if they do a Full House one... or any 90s sitcom

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:ohhh: if they do a Full House one... or any 90s sitcom
So far we have:
50s - Dikk Van Dyke Show l, I never watched it but I am familiar.
60s - Bewitched, maybe saw 1 -3 eps. Was a syndicated show in my early childhood I just couldn't get into it.
70s - the Brady Bunch, I loved this show when I was a kid. It was in syndication and came on after school. I've seen every ep multiple times. I was crushing on Ms. Brady, Marcia and the underrated Jan.
80s - Family Ties, another show I loved growing up. Watched it on NBC and syndication. Seen every ep multiple times. Michael J Fox was excellent on this.
90s - No idea.
2000s - Malcolm in the Middle, familiar but I haven't seen one ep.
2010s - No idea.

Anyone got any intel on the 90s and 2010s?
For the 90s how can they not do Full House actually.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So far we have:
60s - Bewitched, maybe saw 1 -3 eps. Was a syndicated show in my early childhood I just couldn't get into it.
70s - the Brady Bunch, I loved this show when I was a kid. It was in syndication and came on after school. I've seen every ep multiple times. I was crushing on Ms. Brady, Marcia and the underrated Jan.
80s - Family Ties, another show I loved growing up. Watched it on NBC and syndication. Seen every ep multiple times. Michael J Fox was excellent on this.
90s - No idea.
2010s - No idea.

Extremely dysfunctional family. Probably tipping their cap to how the season ends.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So far we have:
90s - No idea.
2010s - No idea.

2010's is probably modern family just a guess