Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
No.
Mutants need an explanation.

Roaches didnt just appear in the projects.

:beli:

Puerto Ricans brought them!

:pachaha:

They don't need an explanation. They've always been around. Even in the comics and X-Movies they've always been around, to different degrees of knowledge of their existence. That fits right in with the MCU (superheros have always been around) - just keep the numbers small, keep the X-Men at the school, and the rest are scattered, and the Gov't officials that know, don't care as long as they aren't making waves. But they face daily discrimination in their own communities....With the blips(s) there's an exponential increase in mutants..whether they want the blip to awaken Phoenix Force, and that's the reason...but something just reawakens the dormant X-gene in millions...instead of the couple of hundred.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Time wouldn't be an issue considering that Infinite War and End Game are back to back films that spread 5 years apart. Plus it was Feige who said he's not going to even being doing X-men until another 5 years. It's just fans wanting to rush it in...

Kevin Feige Says ‘It Will Be a Very Long Time’ Until the X-Men Join the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Yeah, not only do I not want mutants introduced in the way scoopers and theorists are currently saying is gonna happen soon I also believe Feige and don't think he is lying here. It's the main reason I think the Pietro/Evan Peters reveal is a misdirect to basically troll fans.
And knowing Fiege he revered the X-Men, Dark Phoenix I believe he said is his all-time favorite Marvel story arc. So I think he will definitely take his time doing it AND will completely recast them in his vision not using FOX actors. The roll out will be very deliberate not some get in where you fit in shyt within the current MCU. They will be center stage.
And like this article states they had plans made years ahead before the Fox acquisition even happened. To just their them in the garbage or massively alter them doesn't seem smart. And just strategically speaking, what they are doing with the MCU is working. Save the mutants for when people start losing interest or aren't feeling the MCU to the degree you would like. Adding mutants would get the fan base really excited again. They are like jumper cables in the trunk of the MCU that can be deployed when it is necessary.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They could go with mutants always being around but in few numbers so you could have Apocalypse, Wolverine and whichever other mutants are supposed to be old as fukk. Plus it would allow for Xavier to have his mutant school in secret for however long it's been in existence.
Then you have people with latent mutations like Wanda and Pietro that had their full mutant abilities enhanced by the Mind Stone.
And finally you have "The Blip" being the cause of a large portion of the returned people's latent mutations manifesting which explodes the mutant population in the MCU.

Exactly. The multiverse ish doesn't work either, because mutants always exist in every universe. The latent X-Gene has always existed, and will still have to always exist...most mutants don't awaken their mutant powers until puberty. Apocalypse, Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, Logan already were mutants in the comics before the X-Men made their first appearance...even if you say Logan/Mystique/Apocy were retcons since they came later, Xavier & Magneto were still mutants for decades when the X-Men were children. They could do stuff like "going in and out of the Hex" awakened Monica's latent X-gene.

Since Iron Man 1, they've introduced Ant-Man & Wasp, Goliath, Sorcerer Supreme/Ancient One, Cap, Asgard, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Skrulls, Winter Soldier, Inhumans, and all of the powered beings that happened during the Agent Carter Series, and they're going to put in the Super Solider Serum Experiments in Falcon & WS - all of having been around before Iron Man...the "In the 8 years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially..." If you want to count Netflix Marvel - you have Jessica Jones, The Hand, Iron Fist.

It seems the people that want the Multiverse have a problem with the X-Men just sitting around during the events of the MCU. Well, one most important thing is that the X-Men don't give AF about most of the Avenger issues...just like the Avengers don't give AF about theirs. If anything the "don't know/never cared" works best for future tension. Hell, honestly, the Battle of NY would be the only one of note. Infinity War were specific targets...only 1 happened publicly (Time stone), and it was over fairly quickly. Endgame was off in ones "secure" location, and you can easily retcon some random X-Men in the battle (i.e. Battle of NY).. If the mutant numbers are low, the handful of adult X-Men are not about possibly lower their numbers by participating in a battle...they simply were protecting their home/the children in case any came close. Even Quentin Beck turned out to be a liar.

When has the Multiverse ever worked in the comics? They really only use it for the Spidey. The alternate timelines people (Kang, Future-Franklin, Summers Clan, Bishop, OML, Dark Beast, AoA folk) all are used in the 616. The Ultimate line flopped hard...it was never intended to be a Multiverse. They didn't even use Ultimate Fury, they created their own...and they ended up folding over the only ones that anyone cared about (Miles & Maker).

Endangered Species/Five Lights story makes way more sense for the X-Men than multiverse world full of only mutants. In Endangered Species "there aren't enough of us around to do anything other than protect our own, to ensure we thrive."

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Yeah, not only do I not want mutants introduced in the way scoopers and theorists are currently saying is gonna happen soon I also believe Feige and don't think he is lying here. It's the main reason I think the Pietro/Evan Peters reveal is a misdirect to basically troll fans.
And knowing Fiege he revered the X-Men, Dark Phoenix I believe he said is his all-time favorite Marvel story arc. So I think he will definitely take his time doing it AND will completely recast them in his vision not using FOX actors. The roll out will be very deliberate not some get in where you fit in shyt within the current MCU. They will be center stage.
And like this article states they had plans made years ahead before the Fox acquisition even happened. To just their them in the garbage or massively alter them doesn't seem smart. And just strategically speaking, what they are doing with the MCU is working. Save the mutants for when people start losing interest or aren't feeling the MCU to the degree you would like. Adding mutants would get the fan base really excited again. They are like jumper cables in the trunk of the MCU that can be deployed when it is necessary.
Yup I believe evans is definitely a misdirect

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I just noticed that the actress who portrays Agnes (Kathryn Hahn) has previously played another Marvel character that we thought was good, but had sinister intentions as well.

tumblr_pqtt0d2N871xlv8m3o2_540.gifv

tumblr_pqtt0d2N871xlv8m3o3_540.gifv

giphy.gif

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Exactly. The multiverse ish doesn't work either,

I think there is an MCU multiverse but I don't think the MCU will dwell on the legacy parts of that multiverse (x-men, ff - fox worlds) other than tacitly acknowledging that they exist / existed. I don't expect to see drawn out narratives in the "fox" reality. I do think that the multiverse will be shown to exist with alternative characters - see what they are doing with spiderman for example. loki, kang, ant-man, spiderman, dr. strange are alternative universe narratives. cap lives in another universe and hist story will be coming back to the MCU.