Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well with as deep as the X-men go in history, their politics, etc.., this x-gene theory being triggered by infinite stones isn't gonna be it either

And that's why I'm saying WandaVision is important in regards of the politics and discrimination and fear of Mutants. Thanos, the snap, the consequences of the blip and now Wanda losing it is generation the stigma perfect for a negative dissect towards superpowered beings, to INCLUDE what happened in Far From Home where Spider-Man is now a wanted man. The government by this point is going to start hunting down powered beings. The X-gene getting activated is definitely going to have world society feeling some kind of way.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah, it wasn't considered canon from what I read

Yea I can see it and that makes sense. I just remember it was hinted but forgot the context it the scene. 23 movies and 6 series over 12 years .... a lot of stuff gets lost in translation :russ:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And that's why I'm saying WandaVision is important in regards of the politics and discrimination and fear of Mutants. Thanos, the snap, the consequences of the blip and now Wanda losing it is generation the stigma perfect for a negative dissect towards superpowered beings, to INCLUDE what happened in Far From Home where Spider-Man is now a wanted man. The government by this point is going to start hunting down powered beings. The X-gene getting activated is definitely going to have world society feeling some kind of way.
So what about X-Men in history :gucci:

They were around before the avengers :gucci:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Wait..... now that I think about it...... it may adamantium may have been mentioned in Agents of Shield too.

One of the characters.... the black dude from Buffy..... he had an incident that cost him his arms. I think he ended up getting adamantium arms or some shyt

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what about X-Men in history :gucci:

They were around before the avengers :gucci:

Don't inject the comics. And technically the X-Men did a retcon in the 1970's because the initial X-Men comic book run in the 60's was a failure whereas Avengers always flourished. And keep in mind, Fantastic Four predates them all so no need to talk about "history".

As for the MCU. There's nothing to suggest some mutants already exists but were individual and separate and mostly kept their powers hidden... but what they called the MCU Quicksilver and Wanda "Miracles" because their X-gene was activated... why you think they could be the only ones?

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
On the Topic of Mutants always existing....

Has anybody explained or specifically shown just how Peter Parker got his powers?

Because ive been out of the Marvel loop since endgame and i haven't heard shyt about a radioactive or genetically enhanced spider bite yet:yeshrug:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Don't inject the comics. And technically the X-Men did a retcon in the 1970's because the initial X-Men comic book run in the 60's was a failure whereas Avengers always flourished. And keep in mind, Fantastic Four predates them all so no need to talk about "history".

As for the MCU. There's nothing to suggest some mutants already exists but were individual and separate and mostly kept their powers hidden... but what they called the MCU Quicksilver and Wanda "Miracles" because their X-gene was activated... why you think they could be the only ones?
I'm talking about in comic history

X-Men characters have been around for CENTURIES... We just ignore those now?

That x-gene activated by infinite stones isn't it bruh...

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don't fully agree.

They should already 'exist' but not on some shyt where it doesn't need to be explained.

In the same way we know we're about to unearth Vampires for Blade's debut, they will have had to have been around for centuries at least.

- Mutants already exist in small enough numbers to stay hidden, just like they did in the OG X-men movie til modern day.
- Eternals explain the x-gene, why it's dormant
- Wanda and Peitro's powers being activated from contact with an infinity stone means that anybody with a dormant x-gene has been exposed to trauma and the same energy that created the MCU's "miracles" three times now...

Wanda is already feared with people barely seeing a fraction of what she's capable of, imagine if she is the world's introduction to the mutant race in the MCU. As people begin gaining powers they can't fully control or conceal, the mutants that do exist won't be able to law low. Everything that happened in Civil War would be turned up to 10 and probably look much more like the comics where it's not an issue of government over-sight, but discrimination.

They existed, but their x-gene was dormant. Just like the Eternals were “Activated” because of the snap, maybe Mutants were too.

Maybe Wanda was always a mutant and the cosmic radiation from the infinity stone activated her X-gene.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
They started it because they were trying to acquire the x-men, FF4, etc., as far as back then... just like they got Spiderman

That's supposition aka unfounded guesswork.

Feige is on record saying that the multiverse would make for a bigger more complex Marvel. He said that before Ant Man with the Quantum realm. He said that before Doctor Strange with his dimensions. Minus 2 year development time we are talking about 2013/14. No way in 2013/14 was it on the cards for Disney to buy Fox.

From the comics there are a lot of characters which you cannot do (or do well) if you do not include some element of multiple or other dimensions. Dr. Strange being one of them. Ant Man being another.

-

The rest of what you posted: ok, let's see

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
That's supposition aka unfounded guesswork.

Feige is on record saying that the multiverse would make for a bigger more complex Marvel. He said that before Ant Man with the Quantum realm. He said that before Doctor Strange with his dimensions. Minus 2 year development time we are talking about 2013/14. No way in 2013/14 was it on the cards for Disney to buy Fox.

From the comics there are a lot of characters which you cannot do (or do well) if you do not include some element of multiple or other dimensions. Dr. Strange being one of them. Ant Man being another.

-

The rest of what you posted: ok, let's see

Whats your point?

He said it as a catchall for characters and stories they don't have access too and for multiverse stories they can use.. or for current characters. It means nothing honestly... the fact is the multiverse gives them options. Options to add Venom from Sony, options to add FF4 (I guarantee he wanted them), options to add X-Men, options to add Deadpool, etc.

Who cares why he said it.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
So my point being, if Adamantium doesn't even really exist in the current MCU, they're just going to have it magically appear now becausee of the
"Snap" and "x-genes"?

Adamantium is an alloy and is NOT an element, so it doesn't have "to appear". It does not naturally occur in nature. It can be invented, as it was invented in Marvel comics.

Vibranium on the other hand is a naturally occuring element. So vibranium rightly "appeared" whereas adamantium did not in comics and should not in the MCU.

In the current MCU, Vibranium is the strongest metal and not even considered from earth. Adamantium is supposedly stronger. A multiverse would make that make more sense imo

Vibranium's characteristical perceived strength in the comics is not primarily about toughness of the material.

The resistance of vibranium to damage in the comics is due to its ability to absorb large amounts of kinetic energy.

In the MCU they mix it up, and they mix it up inconsistently. Sometimes the shield absorbs kinetic energy (when Thor struck the shield in Avengers 1) sometimes it does not (when a Chitauri bomb exploded in an office, throwing cap out of the window and on to a car).

-

Cap's shield in the comics is made of adamantium and vibranium.

Thanos showed that his weapon in endgame was at least as strong as MCU vibranium.

I am not sure how they will clean that up, if at all.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Whats your point?

He said it as a catchall for characters and stories they don't have access too and for multiverse stories they can use.. or for current characters. It means nothing honestly... the fact is the multiverse gives them options. Options to add Venom from Sony, options to add FF4 (I guarantee he wanted them), options to add X-Men, options to add Deadpool, etc.

Who cares why he said it.

I am just stating my position.

If you on the other hand say that padding out the MCU in 2013/2014 was because of the MCU's expressed desire to do so in preparation for acquiring the Fox (et-al) properties, then you need to provide evidence of that.

If they didn't expressly say that then stop stating something you cannot substantiate as fact.

Asking for evidence is pretty standard, so where is yours?

I have provided quotes links all along to back up my claims of his public statements and/or expressed intentions.

Don't try to equivocate-conflate as that would not be playing fair.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to mention still got the Sokovia Accords in effect

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
On the Topic of Mutants always existing....

Has anybody explained or specifically shown just how Peter Parker got his powers?

Because ive been out of the Marvel loop since endgame and i haven't heard shyt about a radioactive or genetically enhanced spider bite yet:yeshrug:
He said he got bit in homecoming