Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I'm telling you for a FACT, that the two college grad, professional, very smart women who I saw captain marvel with opening weekend in IMAX, still today, after seeing all four episodes, have absolutely NO IDEA that woman was supposed to be the little girl from Captain Marvel.

No Clue, at all. You connected dots, from that 1 sentence of exposition during the walk and talk scene at sword. they did not spell it out directly at all Unless you remember Monica/Maria's name from the 2-3 times it was actually spoken in CM it was meaningless.

You are so personally invested you have no Idea how casual fans are watching this. Hell I had to point out Woo and Kat dennings were playing characters from earlier movies.
Yea they expect people to know this even though mcu popular as hell lol, some people don’t view hero movies like a lot of us I didn’t get invested until the winter soldier

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Iron Man is dead.
Cap is like 100 years old.
Thor is in outer space with the GOTG.
Captain Marvel is in outer space doing whatever she does.
Spider-man is laying low after getting exposed.
Black Panther is in Wakanda ruling his country.
Ant-Man and The Wasp are on the west coast.
War Machine probably retired.
Hulk is probably retired also.
Falcon and Bucky in Russia fighting terrorist.
Black Widow is dead.
Hawkeye ain’t about to do shyt to Wanda. He retired with his family, again.
Nick Fury is a Skrull. The real Nick Fury’s whereabouts are unknown.

Doctor Strange and Wong will probably pop up in the series later.

Doctor Strange is probably the only one that can deal with her anyway. She would demolish everybody else at her strongest.
When did that happen?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So yall know how much I loved this show...

But just for the heck of it, I watched Infinity War and Endgame this weekend and I gotta say...

Watching those made me disappointed in this show.

A large focus of IW was on Wanda and then they even came back to her at the end of Endgame and she was not traumatized like we been saying.

She had a whole conversation with Hawkeye at the end of Endgame and she was fine.

Obviously this new show wasn't a concept during the filming of that movie.

Which makes me want there to be another villain thats manipulating Wanda even more because anything less would be sloppy writing. Watching those 2 movies and then going straight into a Wanda mental breakdown where she becomes a villain would be sloppy writing because there was absolutely no indication of that during those movies.

Imma need a better explanation than that brehs. :martin:

It was announced that Scarlet Witch was getting her own show in the fall of 2018. That was like 6 months after "Infinity War" and like 7 months before "Endgame".

Marvel is the same company that teased Thanos in "Avengers" 5 years before "Infinity War". And showed the Infinity Gauntlet in "Thor 1", a year before that. There's no way in hell they didn't know Scarlett Witch would be a villain that late in the game.

Fred.

Daps
It was announced that Scarlet Witch was getting her own show in the fall of 2018. That was like 6 months after "Infinity War" and like 7 months before "Endgame".

Marvel is the same company that teased Thanos in "Avengers" 5 years before "Infinity War". And showed the Infinity Gauntlet in "Thor 1", a year before that. There's no way in hell they didn't know Scarlett Witch would be a villain that game in the game.

Fred.

If they had this planned that far back and did no foreshadowing, then that makes it look even sloppier on the writers part.

Makes it look as if they are flying by the seat of their pants...IF she is indeed the solo villain.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If they had this planned that far back and did no foreshadowing, then that makes it look even sloppier on the writers part.

Makes it look as if they are flying by the seat of their pants...IF she is indeed the solo villain.

You bring up an interesting point. When you say "sloppy" can you give me something to compare and contrast?

Like what is a show/movie that did something similar that is tighter or less sloppy?

Also

@Ethnic Vagina Finder someone threw a shot at you in another thread. Go back and defend yourself breh:pachaha:

Daps
You bring up an interesting point. When you say "sloppy" can you give me something to compare and contrast?

Like what is a show/movie that did something similar that is tighter or less sloppy?

Also

@Ethnic Vagina Finder someone threw a shot at you in another thread. Go back and defend yourself breh:pachaha:

Link pls? Something is going on with my notifications. I can't see when someone mentions me. Sometimes it shows sometimes it doesn't.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I'm not sure what foreshadowing you want man.

Like I said earlier in the thread, her parents got killed in front of her then she was trapped next to a bomb, not knowing whether or not it would detonate.

Then her brother died.

Then she caused the events of "Civil War".

Then she had to kill Vision. Then she watched Vision brought back to life, and die in front of her.

etc etc etc.

People in real life have dealt with far less than all that....seemed outwardly fine....and then went on a killing spree. There's not always a bunch of red flags and warning signs prior to it.

I'd say Wesley in "Angel" or Walter White in "Breaking Bad". Lester in season 1 of "Fargo". Hell, Macbeth.

There's dozens of arcs in fiction where people go down a dark path but Wanda has only been given 20-30 minutes total screen time (if that) across the entirety of the MCU. So I'm not sure what people expect as far as in-depth character development vis-à-vis her grief and anger.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Daps
I'm not sure what foreshadowing you want man.

Like I said earlier in the thread, her parents got killed in front of her then she was trapped next to a bomb, not knowing whether or not it would detonate.

Then her brother died.

Then she caused the events of "Civil War".

Then she had to kill Vision. Then she watched Vision brought back to life, and die in front of her.

etc etc etc.

People in real life have dealt with far less than all that....seemed outwardly fine....and then went on a killing spree. There's not always a bunch of red flags and warning signs prior to it.

I'd say Wesley in "Angel" or Walter White in "Breaking Bad". Lester in season 1 of "Fargo". Hell, Macbeth.

There's dozens of arcs in fiction where people go down a dark path but Wanda has only been given 20-30 minutes total screen time (if that) across the entirety of the MCU. So I'm not sure what people expect as far as in-depth character development vis-à-vis her grief and anger.

Fred.

Wesley in Angel was done masterfully. My brother and I pulled up the scene where angel smothers him with the pillow last week :banderas:

That was a masterful wind because (and I'm going by memory, it's been 15 years) they showed where Wes thought he was doing the right thing and his struggle through every stage of it.

Then when he takes Connor, it wasn't unexpected. You knew it was coming. Just like you knew how Angel was gonna react.

That was the greatest arc of the series :banderas:

Daps

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
That would be hilarious and I would keep yall 8n suspense if I wasn't so busy at work today to put up a meaningful charade :lolbron: but nah

Maybe I misunderstood brehs post. He quoted me so I thought he was saying that @Ethnic Vagina Finder was talking spicy about me

Oh na!!:russ:

I ain’t feel like doing 2 back to back post.

the first half was for you. The second was for him.

My bad on the transition, I thought that was a clear break