Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Wesley in Angel was done masterfully. My brother and I pulled up the scene where angel smothers him with the pillow last week :banderas:

That was a masterful wind because (and I'm going by memory, it's been 15 years) they showed where Wes thought he was doing the right thing and his struggle through every stage of it.

Then when he takes Connor, it wasn't unexpected. You knew it was coming. Just like you knew how Angel was gonna react.

That was the greatest arc of the series :banderas:

Wesley got one of the best character arcs in history, any medium of fiction.

Fred.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Fred.
He really did. From where that character started to where he ended up was such a wild journey and nothing about it felt unearned in any way. Everything that served to change Wesley was shown to the audience over the course of his arc.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
any comic reader can tell what happens after house of m arc is over. i read wiki but its kinda vague.:patrice: im thinking its how they introduce another big bad from what i read but maybe with slight changes here n there.:patrice:

Daps

Fred.

He really did. From where that character started to where he ended up was such a wild journey and nothing about it felt unearned in any way. Everything that served to change Wesley was shown to the audience over the course of his arc.

Yep. Starting off as a stuffy watcher, who had never been in a fight and then going from that to being Angel's lieutenant and then from there to turning into a legit grizzled warrior. :banderas:

Didn't he start smashing ole girl from wolfram and hart too? :russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yep. Starting off as a stuffy watcher, who had never been in a fight and then going from that to being Angel's lieutenant and then from there to turning into a legit grizzled warrior. :banderas:

Didn't he start smashing ole girl from wolfram and hart too? :russ:

Lilah? Yeah.

:wow:

Fred.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm telling you for a FACT, that the two college grad, professional, very smart women who I saw captain marvel with opening weekend in IMAX, still today, after seeing all four episodes, have absolutely NO IDEA that woman was supposed to be the little girl from Captain Marvel.

No Clue, at all. You connected dots, from that 1 sentence of exposition during the walk and talk scene at sword. they did not spell it out directly at all Unless you remember Monica/Maria's name from the 2-3 times it was actually spoken in CM it was meaningless.

You are so personally invested you have no Idea how casual fans are watching this. Hell I had to point out Woo and Kat dennings were playing characters from earlier movies.

So those so-called "smart" women who you said SAW Captain Marvel did not know that Maria Rambeau's daughter was not going to be in WandaVision. It was ANNOUNCED. Either they are dumb for not using two and two together.... or they did not watch Captain Marvel.

The 3rd is that they did not know who was going to be in WandaVision... which was my point. They ANNOUNCED who was going to be in it.

It was announced over a YEAR ago. So my point is that it wasn't a shocker who that was.

NEW CAPTAIN MARVEL?! Adult Monica Rambeau Joins WANDAVISION on Disney Plus! - YouTube

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So those so-called "smart" women who you said SAW Captain Marvel did not know that Maria Rambeau's daughter was not going to be in WandaVision. It was ANNOUNCED. Either they are dumb for not using two and two together.... or they did not watch Captain Marvel.

The 3rd is that they did not know who was going to be in WandaVision... which was my point. They ANNOUNCED who was going to be in it.

It was announced over a YEAR ago. So my point is that it wasn't a shocker who that was.

NEW CAPTAIN MARVEL?! Adult Monica Rambeau Joins WANDAVISION on Disney Plus! - YouTube
Dude people got more going on in there life than what's on TV.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
any comic reader can tell what happens after house of m arc is over. i read wiki but its kinda vague.:patrice: im thinking its how they introduce another big bad from what i read but maybe with slight changes here n there.:patrice:

That's because it was pretty spread across the X books. The main storyline I remember is that Hope Summers was the first mutant born after House of M, and people were trying to kill her and Cable had a whole arc protecting her and adopting her. She ends up restoring mutants back to the world but I forget all the details of how.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really, my wiz watches a ton of TV and does not care to memorize any actors name. If they aren't on the gossip circuit she has no clue.

Again. It is not often people want to see something blindly. Especially a show like this. As popular as the MCU is, people do want to know who's in it. And again, the point is that they ANNOUNCED WHO'S IN IT. So it wasn't at all a spoiler. So why trying to dispute something that they did? It never was intent to be a spoiler.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Again. It is not often people want to see something blindly. Especially a show like this. As popular as the MCU is, people do want to know who's in it. And again, the point is that they ANNOUNCED WHO'S IN IT. So it wasn't at all a spoiler. So why trying to dispute something that they did? It never was intent to be a spoiler.
What I'm saying it is often. A lot of people don't think of a show until it's time to watch it. And they aren't checking for announcements. And no it's not a spoiler but some people are unaware and not checking for every single character connection throughout the MCU.