Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Again. It is not often people want to see something blindly. Especially a show like this. As popular as the MCU is, people do want to know who's in it. And again, the point is that they ANNOUNCED WHO'S IN IT. So it wasn't at all a spoiler. So why trying to dispute something that they did? It never was intent to be a spoiler.
Are you forgetting that there’s a whole set of people who would drive to the movie theaters then decide what to watch?

Some people just want entertainment in a fleeting manner.....oh yeah I liked the first one so I’ll watch the sequel. They aren’t invested pass who they see in a poster even if they like it.

Daps
Reppin
California
Wesley in Angel was done masterfully. My brother and I pulled up the scene where angel smothers him with the pillow last week :banderas:

That was a masterful wind because (and I'm going by memory, it's been 15 years) they showed where Wes thought he was doing the right thing and his struggle through every stage of it.

Then when he takes Connor, it wasn't unexpected. You knew it was coming. Just like you knew how Angel was gonna react.

That was the greatest arc of the series :banderas:

Angel is one of my favorite shows ever. Such a dope cast and payoffs

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you forgetting that there’s a whole set of people who would drive to the movie theaters then decide what to watch?

Some people just want entertainment in a fleeting manner.....oh yeah I liked the first one so I’ll watch the sequel. They aren’t invested pass who they see in a poster even if they like it.

Again that is SOME PEOPLE. My point again is MARVEL STUDIOS DID NOT MAKE MONICA RAMBEAU A SECRET... and it would of served better had it did. Trying to make excuses like not everyone read or hear about entertainment news, doesn't negate that fact that this wasn't a secret.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Again that is SOME PEOPLE. My point again is MARVEL STUDIOS DID NOT MAKE MONICA RAMBEAU A SECRET... and it would of served better had it did. Trying to make excuses like not everyone read or hear about entertainment news, doesn't negate that fact that this wasn't a secret.
That’s not what the poster you responded to said. It’s not about secret castings or reveals.

Very “smart” people ain’t invested in whether this movie connects to this or the other on every level. Knowing who Monica and Maria Rambieu were in one movie wasn’t some huge thread they were looking out for.

I know who the man stars of most NFL/NBA teams are but if you ask me who traded who for what in a 5 way trade with three teams.....I know Cam was a Panther and is now a Patriot or Kevin Durant is in Brooklyn now. What happened to the sixth man from those championship run teams were....

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Episode was trash. Exposition on exposition of the laziest kind featuring the return of the two unfunniest characters in the entire MCU. That shot of dead Vision might have been this ep's only saving grace.

i didn't want them to spell everything out like that either. we were able to pick up on it. but remember some of the audience is kids or dummies

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
people hate the retro-sitcom vibe. Didn't you already know that was gonna be a huge part of the show, for a while.

bruh the retro sitcom vibe is greatness.... i don't understand anyone not liking it. it was perfectly done and Elizabeth olsen and paul bettany acted their ass off :whew:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
i didn't want them to spell everything out like that either. we were able to pick up on it. but remember some of the audience is kids or dummies
Yeah but in terms of allocation, there’s no reason they couldn’t have just panned out and shown Darcy as the person watching the screen and have the white board in the background in episode 1.

The drone going in could have been the opening to ep2 and kept the beekeeper as is.

Monica waking up could have been ep 3.

Assuming episode 5 is partly Monica’s debriefing we could have started there an eliminated this episode entirely.

The story is creating mystery just to pad.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Feige definitely meant for episode 4 to he an exposition bomb/recap

I love the earlier episodes but understand them meeting casuals halfway:russ:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So yall know how much I loved this show...

But just for the heck of it, I watched Infinity War and Endgame this weekend and I gotta say...

Watching those made me disappointed in this show.

A large focus of IW was on Wanda and then they even came back to her at the end of Endgame and she was not traumatized like we been saying.

She had a whole conversation with Hawkeye at the end of Endgame and she was fine.

Obviously this new show wasn't a concept during the filming of that movie.

Which makes me want there to be another villain thats manipulating Wanda even more because anything less would be sloppy writing. Watching those 2 movies and then going straight into a Wanda mental breakdown where she becomes a villain would be sloppy writing because there was absolutely no indication of that during those movies.

Imma need a better explanation than that brehs. :martin:
This actual assessment is sloppy

Consider the timeline from Civil War(even though she has trauma preceding) Wanda is dealing with guilt from killing all those people

Leading into IW Wanda and Vision are on the run but theres at least the solace of them being in love

Thanos arrives. She has to kill Vision only to watch him be revived and killed again. While mourning and holding his dead body she fades away

She comes back and they IMMEDIATELY pull up on Thanos, who she tells "You took everything from me" before nearly killing him. Her next scene is at the funeral where she appears fine at the moment, but often people are fine at funerals that doesn't mean the grief ends when the funeral is over

You're placing Wanda in a very black and white, cartoon box of depression off of a movie she was in for 2 scenes.

Consider the entirety of Wanda's experiences and that she has NOBODY. No family and her lover is dead. She created a safe space (possibly with help) because wtf else she got to live for?

And this was ALWAYS the plan for Wanda from the moment she was introduced. There's no other REAL reason to add her to the MCU without putting her on the trajectory she's on right now. And i always felt like they should've gone deeper into her guilt in Civil War because I knew her character would be in the position she is now. That was always my only real issue with Civil War

Last edited: