Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
TBF Legion was too much it's own ass. shyt felt like it was being weird to be weird too much

I don't disagree but Chris Claremont said the series was perfect for how he wanted the character portrayed.

Fred.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
nikkas is impatient, hungry for some Avengers action cause it's been almost two years since Endgame :russ: . They want the food without the seasoning. Let the cooks cook!

I appreciate the pacing. It's showing you how some people deal with grief. .
The pacing has been fine actually. nikkas just wanna hate.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Legion isn't a great example. It was a hit FX series for season one... and the COLI is so MCU fanboyish... and that was still at the time a FOX Marvel series... they refused to give it a chance. Same with The Gifted.

Legion's season one was praised both critically and ratings-wise. And yes, Legion is indeed way stranger than WandaVision. But still not the BEST example. HBO's Watchmen is a better example, IMO... but like @hex basically pointed out, the show is trying to be dumb down for an universal audience. It's not so much of how strange the show is, but rather not trying to spoon feed your audience and allow them to learn and firgue it out on their own. That's what Watchmen done. Allow the reveal come together per episode. And for me, the first three episodes of WandaVision did just that, most of the people by the end of episode 3 were ALL ON BOARD, so I feel that episode 4 wasn't needed aside from the Monica backstory.

"Legion" wasn't a hit at all man. At it's peak it barely did 1 mill. Season 2 and 3 did 400k-300k, respectively.

"Watchmen" is the best example for how you're saying the show should be presented and I agree....but it's apples and oranges. "Watchmen" was created to subvert the superhero tropes Marvel and DC popularized. The original graphic novel I mean. So the TV series being "smarter" (for lack of a better term) is pretty much inherent to the material. Marvel is trying to create popcorn entertainment, and that's fine. "Wandavision" is them dipping their toes into the type of story telling "Legion" and "Watchmen" do....but it's still gonna fall more in line with the rest of the MCU, than either of those shows.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
On one hand you got people in here saying Ep 4 was too much, on the other a homie of mine is saying he can’t believe they waited til this long to explain things.

:mjlol:

I think we got a good compromise.

I'm saying, we're from the same city, I'm sure we know the same type of people.

Cats will laugh at a Thanos meme but they ain't trying to decipher a damn TV show.

Fred.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
They saying Dottie might be the Enchantress over on Reddit

eb4a93b54c91c51505a2320777a574e8.jpg

306ee9b41f0e09ef4c9df9bcfdc98fff.jpg

c5c0814a1a7d3911e8a42ff5ab8d2a1f.jpg

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Unlikely I'd say. She's a villain that largely has nothing to do with Wanda and Vision other than that one off comic.

The most likely ideas for who she is in my opinion is that she's either Abigail Harkness, who I believe is a relative of Agatha, or Clea, who becomes Sorceress Supreme and Dr. Strange's love interest at one point in the comics.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

People are coming up with theories as to why her name wasn't on the board, but the simple reason her name wasn't on the board that everybody is missing is because during that scene with the FBI people they hadn't actually gotten to the episode she appeared in yet.
I don't think she is anybody special.
The one lady who didn't have an id attached to her was meant to be foreshadowing to her true character, nobody else.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
All the hype Disney Plus put on the trailer for this episode, this felt like a filler episode just to keep people up to speed as to what happened in the first 3 episodes.

No new reveals at all. Part of it is that we knew from the beginning who Monica Rambeau is on the show once they first announced it. I feel that was a spoiler mistake and should of never announced that character prior to the show. That way we would of learned the REVEAL this episode and take people by surprise with the connection.

This is why this thread kinda bugs me. I just want to inform you that 99% of the people watching this show have absolutely NO idea who monica rambeau is or her signifigance.
Hell half the people I know watching it didn't get the fact that Wanda was creating the reality until it was fed to them at the end of episode 3.

Because this forum is filled with mcu and comic geeks, I see too many posts complaining about stuff like that. A good majority of people watching these shows have only ever seen MCU movies. The overwhelming majority, and a good chunk of them probably half paid attention. Hell the show started loosing people because they weren't even patient enough to get through two episodes where they show how thoroughly her reality was established.

another note, the way the aspect ratio and color gamut slowly changes at the end of episode 3 after she got kicked out of town is one of my favorite thing visually I've seen on a tv show. The way that they played the sitcom tropes and visuals was awesome to me.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't disagree but Chris Claremont said the series was perfect for how he wanted the character portrayed.

Fred.

Because he and Sienkiewicz used mutant characters and telepathy/mindscapes to stretch the limits of what you could do in a comic book & Hawley did the same for the medium of television. All the weird for weirdness sake is kind of the point when your central character is mentally unwell and you're seeing things in and around his perspective when he can change everyone's perspective.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This is why this thread kinda bugs me. I just want to inform you that 99% of the people watching this show have absolutely NO idea who monica rambeau is or her signifigance.
Hell half the people I know watching it didn't get the fact that Wanda was creating the reality until it was fed to them at the end of episode 3.

Because this forum is filled with mcu and comic geeks, I see too many posts complaining about stuff like that. A good majority of people watching these shows have only ever seen MCU movies. The overwhelming majority, and a good chunk of them probably half paid attention. Hell the show started loosing people because they weren't even patient enough to get through two episodes where they show how thoroughly her reality was established.

another note, the way the aspect ratio and color gamut slowly changes at the end of episode 3 after she got kicked out of town is one of my favorite thing visually I've seen on a tv show. The way that they played the sitcom tropes and visuals was awesome to me.

I think folks deep into the comics forget that the people that make Marvel the beast that it is are completely unaware of shyt that the hardcore fans think is super obvious. Hell ive seen all the movies, discuss the movies with yall, and i had no clue who Monica Rambeau was. That plot drop where the white guy talks about how her mom helped found Sword and the black lady was her daughter was the first time i put that connection together.