Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Yea. I'll admit it. This episode made the cringe of episodes 1 and 90% of 2 worthy of going through..

I wonder why the beekeeper :ohhh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I disagree with that. People by episode 3 were INVESTED and there should be a trust factor by Marvel that their fans are smart enough to figure it out on their own. At least they should of done it like HBO's Watchmen where they continue to add bits and pieces onto the serious until we see the full puzzle. Rehashing the last three episodes feels like a disservice for people to get involved into the mystery of it all. Now there's nothing much more outside of who maybe manipulating Wanda.
Did you seriously just compare an MCU property to "Watchmen"? :mjlol:

There is no "Marvel fans are smart enough" because intelligence has nothing to do with anything. The fact of the matter is everyone from hood cats to suburban soccer moms are invested in the MCU.
That's how you do numbers like $2.7 billion.

The vast majority of them don't give enough of a fukk to engage on the level you're suggesting....piecing together clues and shyt. They treat the MCU as fun, disposable entertainment. Which it is.

So maybe to you there's nothing more than figuring out who is maybe manipulating Wanda. Meanwhile, most people are still trying to wrap their mind around Wanda creating an alternate reality.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My pops and homeboys be calling me every Friday night to ask wtf is going on :dead:

Thank you.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

My guys I've known like 30 years are all old school comic fans and/or movie heads. So cool, they follow this shyt just fine.

But I interact with a wide range of people. 99.99% of them would stop watching the show if it was any more confusing.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Matter of fact, to the people saying they want this to be a mystery, abstract, piece-together-the-clues type super hero show....we already had that. It was called "Legion", and none of you watched it. The thread did Smilez & Southstar numbers.

Fred.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Matter of fact, to the people saying they want this to be a mystery, abstract, piece-together-the-clues type super hero show....we already had that. It was called "Legion", and none of you watched it. The thread did Smilez & Southstar numbers.

Fred.
They didn’t watch it cuz it wasn’t mcu releated with old sitcom references

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you seriously just compare an MCU property to "Watchmen"? :mjlol:

There is no "Marvel fans are smart enough" because intelligence has nothing to do with anything. The fact of the matter is everyone from hood cats to suburban soccer moms are invested in the MCU.
That's how you do numbers like $2.7 billion.

The vast majority of them don't give enough of a fukk to engage on the level you're suggesting....piecing together clues and shyt. They treat the MCU as fun, disposable entertainment. Which it is.

So maybe to you there's nothing more than figuring out who is maybe manipulating Wanda. Meanwhile, most people are still trying to wrap their mind around Wanda creating an alternate reality.

Fred.

I see your point, just felt the 1st three episodes was good enough to keep it growing off of it rather than give a rehash so people can fuller grasp what's going on.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Legion isn't a great example. It was a hit FX series for season one... and the COLI is so MCU fanboyish... and that was still at the time a FOX Marvel series... they refused to give it a chance. Same with The Gifted.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Legion isn't a great example. It was a hit FX series for season one... and the COLI is so MCU fanboyish... and that was still at the time a FOX Marvel series... they refused to give it a chance. Same with The Gifted.

Even people who like Leigon would tell you it was hard to follow up to a certain point, even if it felt worth it. I've seen several people reviewing WV say it's like they took Legion and made it a bit more palatable.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even people who like Leigon would tell you it was hard to follow up to a certain point, even if it felt worth it. I've seen several people reviewing WV say it's like they took Legion and made it a bit more palatable.

Legion's season one was praised both critically and ratings-wise. And yes, Legion is indeed way stranger than WandaVision. But still not the BEST example. HBO's Watchmen is a better example, IMO... but like @hex basically pointed out, the show is trying to be dumb down for an universal audience. It's not so much of how strange the show is, but rather not trying to spoon feed your audience and allow them to learn and firgue it out on their own. That's what Watchmen done. Allow the reveal come together per episode. And for me, the first three episodes of WandaVision did just that, most of the people by the end of episode 3 were ALL ON BOARD, so I feel that episode 4 wasn't needed aside from the Monica backstory.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Legion's season one was praised both critically and ratings-wise. And yes, Legion is indeed way stranger than WandaVision. But still not the BEST example. HBO's Watchmen is a better example, IMO... but like @hex basically pointed out, the show is trying to be dumb down for an universal audience. It's not so much of how strange the show is, but rather not trying to spoon feed your audience and allow them to learn and firgue it out on their own. That's what Watchmen done. Allow the reveal come together per episode. And for me, the first three episodes of WandaVision did just that, most of the people by the end of episode 3 were ALL ON BOARD, so I feel that episode 4 wasn't needed aside from the Monica backstory.

I see what you mean and while I don't wanna jump all the way to "dumb down" Ep 4 is def to give casual watchers a little bit of support as they get back to the twists and turns. It also answers and asks a lot of questions, ie about the blip, about Sword, all kinds of branches being led in several directions that couldn't really be done within the 'show'.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Fred.
TBF Legion was too much it's own ass. shyt felt like it was being weird to be weird too much