Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't say otherwise:manny: even though I don't think any of those movies are trash

I do personally believe that there's usually a fine balancing act between storytelling and worldbuilding and the more worldbuilding you have the more the story begins to suffer

The Star Wars prequels were :ld:but the worldbuildling put Star Wars on another level

I dig it.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Na.... people are being picky for the sake of being picky. I just think or episodic seasonal shows. People will overall think it’s trash or the greatest thing ever, every week based off the ep.

It’s like, man, just let it play out. It’s a larger story and they don’t need to tell things too early. Especially if it’s a short series cuz then comes the complaints of “it felt too rushed”

See this goes back to in the Young Rock thread I said I hope they give us 1hr eps as someone said they want 30mins.

Like he gonna be telling a story essentially in FOUR times lines. Not sure how you can effectively do that in 23 mins (taking out commercial time)

This show is roughly 26 mins and we only getting a small amount of eps. They will get there but people need to let them cook. Everything can be squared up and assessed later
Yeah the binge crowd will always complain
But....
Episodic television is just a means of telling a story. Sitcoms tell their story and end. Dramas tell a story and maybe carry ongoing plots to draw viewers in.

Mysteries are by and large the only ones whose main point of difference is to ask the viewer to look along and try to figure it out.
Sherlock, Twin Peaks, etc.

Marvel chose this format instead of just us going along with Wanda after Endgame and seeing exactly what happened to her to lead her to Westview.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
LOL they mustve seen all the videos from people losing interest
January 25th is when a lot of subscribers dropped because they subscribed to disney to watch soul and then watched wandavison because they still have the sub
a lot of them probably :yeshrug: last week and didn't come back