Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Dune is not about a charismatic good guy overcoming some terrible evil/threat. It's about how you cannot look to charismatic ppl to solve your problems. Its part a warning against any and all messiah types. Harkonnens are brutal fascists that oppressed Arrakis and killed Pauls father but peep the vision he has in the tent...If he follows the path his vision has laid out for him, if he goes into the desert he will wage a holy war against the galaxy, billions will die. He still walks into the desert....There is no light side or dark side here, just people. Dune is not scifi adventure, it's mostly philosophical and political.

Great post.

:lolbron: i'm not gonna say nothin. i'm still laughing at the guy who is using his alias because he doesn't want to critique under his regular user name.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great post.

:lolbron: i'm not gonna say nothin. i'm still laughing at the guy who is using his alias because he doesn't want to critique under his regular user name.

Are you referring to me? Are you still pretending I'm an alias?

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
I wouldnt be able to rock with this being longer or a series. I am not that interested in this type of thing to spend 10 hours a season and multiple seasons on. I would prolly read the books doe.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I’ll never understand why the studio called in lindelof to rewrite the script, and this is coming from a huge lindelof fan. Spaights original script was so much better
Prometheus still holds the crown for biggest waste of potential ever. Not giving it up any time soon.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't think it works as a series. Maybe as a mini, or an anthology, but stretching out the first book is a bit much, and would be quite boring. And then the series spans decades, so the constant recasting would be off-putting.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just coming back from seeing it in IMAX. Great movie and cinematography.

My only gripe is how the movie ended. I actually felt it was a bit rushed. That whole fight scene with Jamis could have been in Part 2. I wanted some background of why Jamis was so significant of a fighter

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Charismatic leaders, even ones like Paul, should come with a warning label. That’s the whole premise of all the Dune novels straight from the man who wrote it. They’re more trouble than they’re worth.

Paul is going to be responsible for the deaths of over 60 billion people in a little more than a decade. His son is going to starve even more over several millennia.

maybe that’s why he named him Paul :patrice:

I wonder what religion the writer/creator of Dune is :jbhmm: