The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Just finished it, amazing cinematography. So what's the best way to know the rest of the story? Just read a summary? I'm reading that the book is a bytch to get through.

Also I see its a shyt load of these books. Is th first one the main one people care about or did yall read them other ones too?

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Just finished it, amazing cinematography. So what's the best way to know the rest of the story? Just read a summary? I'm reading that the book is a bytch to get through.

Also I see its a shyt load of these books. Is th first one the main one people care about or did yall read them other ones too?
I heard the others are hit and miss, I still haven’t made it through the first one. Some of those old sci-fi books are tough to read through, a lot of them written by engineers and scientists etc instead of “writers”. His son finished the last few.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

fukk kinda question is this? Just read the books. :dwillhuh:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
In just about all of what's considered "classic" sci-fi literature you'll find white saviour tropes; it's all written, analyzed and declared as classic by (in the main) white and Jewish people. The tech developing to the point where it can better flesh out their ideas/imaginations won't change that. It doesn't necessarily invalidate the quality of the storytelling either; if anything it makes them that much more dangerously subversive because the temptation is to get caught up in the shiny cgi effects and forget the core of it all.

No amount of suspension-of-disbelief will help anyone avoid facts. :manny:

I'm just waiting for Feyd to show up. I'm hoping they didn't just go the lazy route and just fold his character into Rabban.:unimpressed:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Watched it.

This shyt was boring as hell :russ:

The pacing of this shyt was terrible, this should have been a TV series. I'll watch part 2 when it comes out, but this was wack. I consider myself a pretty thorough, patient and nuanced mind, but I wanted to fall asleep. :yeshrug:

calh45

Cal
Daps

The book isn't well written, but the story/mythology is good. The movie they made in the 80s was too early. It's one of those books that needed to be done now to do the universe of the story justice.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Wasn't nearly enough character development to really be moved by the tragedies that occured...

Pacing wasn't the best either. The visuals are godlike though and the stories potential and scale is great. Like game of thrones in space.

All in all though, it's eye candy and decently enjoyable but definitely lacking in important areas.

Also where was Feyd Rautha?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Caught it on the big screen, it really is a beautiful movie :ehh: Game Of Thrones in space is a good way of putting it, you can see all the same kind of influences in the story (probably where GRRM got some of his inspiration). Felt like they did a decent job of cramming a lot of information and setting up the chess pieces.

Only complaint is unavoidable - when you have a cast that loaded and a story that ambitious the 150 minute run time is always gonna feel like it sells you short. I liked Oscar Isaac's portrayal but it's hard to feel that emotional string compared to getting him for 8 or 9 hours like we did with Ned Stark. Same with Liet-Kynes, Duncan, etc

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

YouTube or audiobooks