Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was dope. Wish Oscar Isaac had more screen time but the cinematography was on point and stellan skarsgaard was repulsive lmao.

A lot of dope aspects to the movie but I did feel like the action scenes could’ve been better. No real tension. And Jason Mamoa’s big fight scene kinda fell flat for me as well, and you know that was meant to show what a bad ass he was but really was nothing special. Honestly, the fight scene I enjoyed most was the 1v1 Chalamet had at the end.

All in all, I fukked with it. I’m sure a lot of people were expecting more given all the talent they had signed on for this one but was still a dope movie. Chick from doctor sleep can get it, any time, place, whatever.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I swear y’all use the white savior complaint for every fukin movie that has this. Guess what maybe that’s just the fukin story. This story was written before any of you or myself were even alive. Get over it. Don’t like it turn the shyt off. Get over ya selves go watch movies where only ppl of color defeat the big bad evil white man. A good movie is a good movie. Idc if I see white ppl get slaughtered up by Asians or latins or a black dude. But this is so fukin boring to hear every other thread.

Lol the director of the film himself spoke on it, you don't like that it's a conversation then watch a different movie.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Great visuals but a boring ass movie.

I'm 0/3 for anticipated sci-fi this quarter. :francis: Foundation is pretty but has been mostly underwhelming. Invasion's first three episodes has been a whole lotta nothing, deadass thought I was watching an ABC family drama, and Dune was like what I said for Foundation but x2. :unimpressed:

I need Orville and Expanse back.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I swear y’all use the white savior complaint for every fukin movie that has this. Guess what maybe that’s just the fukin story. This story was written before any of you or myself were even alive. Get over it. Don’t like it turn the shyt off. Get over ya selves go watch movies where only ppl of color defeat the big bad evil white man. A good movie is a good movie. Idc if I see white ppl get slaughtered up by Asians or latins or a black dude. But this is so fukin boring to hear every other thread.
Relax. That’s been a criticism of Dune since before you were born

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm 0/3 for anticipated sci-fi this quarter. :francis: Foundation is pretty but has been mostly underwhelming. Invasion's first three episodes has been a whole lotta nothing, deadass thought I was watching an ABC family drama, and Dune was like what I said for Foundation but x2. :unimpressed:

I need Orville and Expanse back.

#BlackAirForceOneEnergy:wow:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I thought it was dope. Wish Oscar Isaac had more screen time but the cinematography was on point and stellan skarsgaard was repulsive lmao.

A lot of dope aspects to the movie but I did feel like the action scenes could’ve been better. No real tension. And Jason Mamoa’s big fight scene kinda fell flat for me as well, and you know that was meant to show what a bad ass he was but really was nothing special. Honestly, the fight scene I enjoyed most was the 1v1 Chalamet had at the end.

All in all, I fukked with it. I’m sure a lot of people were expecting more given all the talent they had signed on for this one but was still a dope movie. Chick from doctor sleep can get it, any time, place, whatever.
Rebecca Ferguson been looking right to me since her first MI movie.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I love how sinister Baron comes off in this. Skarsgard killed that shyt and reminded me of Brando in Apocalypse Now. Body horror was on point….him emerging out of that sludge was a scary ass sight.

The shots of Giedi Prime instilled high amounts of dread every time. I was shook a bit, but I wanted more of House Harkonnen. :picard:

And what in the fukk was that pet? Nightmare fuel for days.

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps

it’s not that deep , the brother up there something that I agreed and notice while watching the movie . It’s an open discussion.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
This is BLACK forum. If you don't like your movie discussions to broach topics related to race and the way racial tropes are COMMONLY overused in cinema, maybe you need to find a whiter film community. They tend to loathe these kind of critiques about race in film as well. As for me, I went to see a movie so I'm gonna fukking discuss it the way I fukking want to and if I see racial themes and racist tropes I'm gonna talk about it just like everything else. Your point about the source material being dated only raises the likelihood the trope was definitely a part of the story.
Bro go watch a documentary or somethin. Take that shyt to a violin lesson. I’m not here for that when I tune out to enjoy a film. You guys bring so much outside BS to a fukin entertaining motion picture. Miserable bunch. Smoke take a sip of some liquor and be entertained. Got damn ya insufferable ppl

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Bro go watch a documentary or somethin. Take that shyt to a violin lesson. I’m not here for that when I tune out to enjoy a film. You guys bring so much outside BS to a fukin entertaining motion picture. Miserable bunch. Smoke take a sip of some liquor and be entertained. Got damn ya insufferable ppl

If the discussion of race and racism stresses you out, take your own damn advice, take a sip of liquor, scroll past those posts and engage in convo with people who aren't talking about it. Nobody is stressed here. We're discussing a movie. We saw racial overtones in the movie, we want to talk about it, because race isn't just something that just happens "outside", it pervades the way people tell stories and our entertainment. Just like we critique cinematography, we can critique the tropes used in entertainment and the way it supports narratives about race. The only person getting stressed about this conversation is you.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I love how sinister Baron comes off in this. Skarsgard killed that shyt and reminded me of Brando in Apocalypse Now. Body horror was on point….him emerging out of that sludge was a scary ass sight.

The shots of Giedi Prime instilled high amounts of dread every time. I was shook a bit, but I wanted more of House Harkonnen. :picard:

And what in the fukk was that pet? Nightmare fuel for days.
House Harkonnen is ruthless and if they çontribute any of the novel content, the Baron should be one of the most reviled characters in recent memory.