Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a book reader I thought it was phenomenal. I need part 2
I'm more curious what people that have read the book have to say about this movie as opposed to people that know nothing of the plot going into it.

With that said, I read Dune last Summer for the first time and I can't wait to see it's most recent big screen entry :manny:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm more curious what people that have read the book have to say about this movie as opposed to people that know nothing of the plot going into it.

With that said, I read Dune last Summer for the first time and I can't wait to see it's most recent big screen entry :manny:
It’s been a while since I read the book so I wasn’t overly critical of the one to one details. From a pacing standpoint it was rushed compared to the book but that’s understandable. The feel and the epic vibe Denis and Zimmer were able to convey is what really set it apart to me. Even one of the main critiques I’ve heard about the characters being boring don’t really bother me cause I don’t remember the characters from the book being extremely lively or funny.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I swear y’all use the white savior complaint for every fukin movie that has this. Guess what maybe that’s just the fukin story. This story was written before any of you or myself were even alive. Get over it. Don’t like it turn the shyt off. Get over ya selves go watch movies where only ppl of color defeat the big bad evil white man. A good movie is a good movie. Idc if I see white ppl get slaughtered up by Asians or latins or a black dude. But this is so fukin boring to hear every other thread.
Aye fam! You sound like a whole bytch.

I bet your man cheats on you for women with bigger clits than you.

The shyt is called an opinion and if you ever told me to not watch a movie because I have an opinion about it after seeing it, in person, I'd smack you mid-convo like the bytch that you.

Then I'd let you regather your thoughts.

full

My opinion is that, that bytch sucks. I watch what I wanna watch chump. Capiche'?

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Aye fam! You sound like a whole bytch.

I bet your man cheats on you for women with bigger clits than you.

The shyt is called an opinion and if you ever told me to not watch a movie because I have an opinion about it after seeing it, in person, I'd smack you mid-convo like the bytch that you.

Then I'd let you regather your thoughts.

full

My opinion is that, that bytch sucks. I watch what I wanna watch chump.
I didn’t realize I attack your sensitive p*ssy radar but if the p*ssy fits…by all means take it as u wish. Keep it moving “chump”
:pacspit:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very weak movie in terms of keeping attention.

I will be very surprised if a part 2 of this is greenlit.....can't see how this can even make a profit

It's official.....this is his worst movie
You have the worst hot takes on here as far as movies go, so I'm really looking forward to this now.
The reluctant white savior of the "ethnic" people....you love to see it:hhh:
And you also don't read books

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You have the worst hot takes on here as far as movies go, so I'm really looking forward to this now.

And you also don't read books

You can't even name a movie I "took" wrong....and 5 other nikkas said the same thing I said......dikk ryder

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't even name a movie I "took" wrong....and 5 other nikkas said the same thing I said......dikk ryder
I don't care about you enough to dig up your old posts in the middle of a work day friend. You getting a little defensive for something that's apparently not true.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I swear y’all use the white savior complaint for every fukin movie that has this. Guess what maybe that’s just the fukin story. This story was written before any of you or myself were even alive. Get over it. Don’t like it turn the shyt off. Get over ya selves go watch movies where only ppl of color defeat the big bad evil white man. A good movie is a good movie. Idc if I see white ppl get slaughtered up by Asians or latins or a black dude. But this is so fukin boring to hear every other thread.

This is BLACK forum. If you don't like your movie discussions to broach topics related to race and the way racial tropes are COMMONLY overused in cinema, maybe you need to find a whiter film community. They tend to loathe these kind of critiques about race in film as well. As for me, I went to see a movie so I'm gonna fukking discuss it the way I fukking want to and if I see racial themes and racist tropes I'm gonna talk about it just like everything else. Your point about the source material being dated only raises the likelihood the trope was definitely a part of the story.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Just finished,

Is like all my fav genres in one movie :blessed:

l know nothing about Dune and when I saw the trailer I intentionally kept myself ignorant about it and I loved it :blessed:

Gonna rewatch with subtitles

when is the next one :feedme: