KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
So I just watched this last night and went to check reviews to see if my thoughts were shared— and they were. Great visuals. They definitely have my future viewership. But this needed to be a high budget weekly show. The politics and characters need to be fleshed out over multiple episodes. The story is just far too dense for the silver screen.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
How the fukk are some of you claiming to know nothing about Dune, the fukk do y'all live :gucci:

I'm old enough to (just barely) remember the marketing when the David Lynch movie came out, but in all honesty the last Sci fi channel Dune TV miniseries it was 18 years ago.

So I'm not surprised if anyone under 30 doesn't remember anything about Dune. It's not like there were a lot of action figures, etc. since then.

And since it was a sci Fi channel show, it's not like there's any other channels that will pick up the old series and rerun it.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I shamelessly watched it on a stream site but this is one of those movie that's so good looking that I have to go and see it on the IMAX screen.

Already downloaded the audiobooks because it was that good.

Lying ass
Ns07VFb.gif

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
So I just watched this last night and went to check reviews to see if my thoughts were shared— and they were. Great visuals. They definitely have my future viewership. But this needed to be a high budget weekly show. The politics and characters need to be fleshed out over multiple episodes. The story is just far too dense for the silver screen.

Yeah in an ideal world this would be GoT level, 4-6 seasons 13 eps each to do it right. Denis did his thing but its kinda crazy how much he clipped and sped up only to get through half the first book. I think he's really hoping this first one will do all the heavy lifting so he can blitz through the second part and do dune messiah.

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps

HBGods doing a show, with these actors and a big ass budget? :ohlawd:

The movie got me mad into the story and went to download the audiobook and the saga is DEEP as hell. 8Gb worth of audio books? Ain't now way they tell the story correctly in 2,3 movies.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
HBGods doing a show, with these actors and a big ass budget? :ohlawd:

The movie got me mad into the story and went to download the audiobook and the saga is DEEP as hell. 8Gb worth of audio books? Ain't now way they tell the story correctly in 2,3 movies.
If HBO was smart, they would have done a show-- but let the first "episode" be an actual movie. So imagine this was the first episode, they show it in theaters as well. They could make that a thing at the beginning of every season. But these execs aren't that forward thinking. Folks would subscribe and watch it at home, but still go to the theater for the silver screen experience. Dummies.