Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He wasn't a bad guy and was in about 4 scenes. The Bad guys were D'Onofrio and his evil looking mercenaries.

I know Wong's in the movie, however the comic role the character has has been given to Baron Mordo. That role being a student-teacher and partner to Strange alongside The Ancient one. The Wong in this movie will be a minor character and will probably do what every character that actor plays which is to explain the movie science to the audience in a scene or two. He also definitely won't be a manservant of any kind (probably just be a surgeon)

You clearly didn't red what I wrote regarding the censorship. Here it is again: "China don't allow films with "Supernatural" and "mystical" elements that are presented as being "real" to screen there".

The movies you're referencing are pure fantasy and not set in the real/modern world and saying that they're "real".

Breh BD Wong was definitely a bad guy in Jurassic world. He was in cahoots with Vincent's character. He was his inside man. Now of course he wasn't the sneering moustache twirling villain but it was his idea to create the hybrid and he really didn't seem to give a damn who was killed in the process because it was all for his glory. He's the bad guy in the twisted version of Hammond way. At least that's how I took it

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I didn't know that smh that's why Doc Strange looked so nuetered and more like Thor with that science we don't understand shyt :snoop:. fukk China Deadpool almost dropped a billie with word of mouth. This is supposed to help introduce magic and supernatural elements with mysticism ala Blade, Mephisto, Ghost Rider, Dormammu, Blackhearr and other wordly beings. Definitely on a wait and see but that doesn't sound particular good to me:jbhmm:

When that trailer loaded up I was expecting to see magic :ohlawd:, instead I saw some Inception looking grounded sci-fi bullshyt :scust:

You just know they're call it "Quantum Physics" or something :scusthov:

No damn way a character like Dormammu will work with this approach. That's why Mordo's being set-up as the sequel villain instead of him. Gonna be like Thor where Surtur and Ice Giants are nowhere to be seen because of the approach they went with.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I could see Marvel's reasoning for the Mandarin change since that character's history is drowned in cold war evil Chinese stereotypes, but it's just stupid here, especially since Marvel loves stuffing random Asian side characters into their movies to target that Asian market.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
When that trailer loaded up I was expecting to see magic :ohlawd:, instead I saw some Inception looking grounded sci-fi bullshyt :scust:

You just know they're call it "Quantum Physics" or something :scusthov:

No damn way a character like Dormammu will work with this approach. That's why Mordo's being set-up as the sequel villain instead of him. Gonna be like Thor where Surtur and Ice Giants are nowhere to be seen because of the approach they went with.
How Surtur one of Marvels big bads AND Thors is just supposedly appearing in the final movie is just tragic :francis:Thors franchise could've been so much more:wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Breh BD Wong was definitely a bad guy in Jurassic world. He was in cahoots with Vincent's character. He was his inside man. Now of course he wasn't the sneering moustache twirling villain but it was his idea to create the hybrid and he really didn't seem to give a damn who was killed in the process because it was all for his glory. He's the bad guy in the twisted version of Hammond way. At least that's how I took it
Breh said cahoots :pachaha:

Reminds me of daisy domergue

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could see Marvel's reasoning for the Mandarin change since that character's history is drowned in cold war evil Chinese stereotypes, but it's just stupid here, especially since Marvel loves stuffing random Asian side characters into their movies to target that Asian market.
The modern mandarin is like a evil businessman

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I have the same issue with this casting as I did with them punking out on The Mandarin, namely that Asian actors are seriously under-represented especially in meaningful roles in worldwide blockbusters. So doing the whitewash with originally Asian characters just seems more egregious to me right off the bat.

And Benedict Cumberbatch sucks in everything except Sherlock.
Sounds like a fight Asian actors need to fight. :francis:

Marvel got the juice now and can get away with murder if they wanted to, just hopw the movie is good bc it's my sleeper hit

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

:salute:
will watch

Marvel got the juice now and can get away with murder if they wanted to, just hopw the movie is good bc it's my sleeper hit
definitely my sleeper, the cast + source material = major sleeper potential. think it will be a top 3 marvel movie and possibly comic book movie of the year

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Every year my favorite part about the #WhiteOscars thing is the Asian community hitting back with the 'We're being ignored in Hollywood so bad that we're even being completely ignored when discussing diversity in Hollywood' tweets.:russ:

And I put :russ: but it's more like :mjcry: how bad Asians (and Arabs) get screwed over in Hollywood.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

good interview

he basically confirmed there is tons of magic left to be shown, for those concerned about it just being inception-like and no magic

edit: this guy might post on the coli, im :deadrose: him mentioning people on the internet arguing over whether dr strange ripped off batman begins or batman begins ripped off strange :mjlol:

edit 2: marvel listening to that feedback :wow:

edit 3: question from asian guy in the netherlands about the ancient one casting :jbhmm: @TheGodling do you know this guy :jbhmm:

edit 4: @Jello Biafra thoughts on his views on the casting starting around 17:53?

Last edited: