Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Get teased by a teaser, not a TRAILER, but a TEASER and be mad brehs.

I bet these are the same cats that go to a Mexican restaurant and eat the complementary appetizer chips and queso they bring out first, but then complain It wasnt enough food and they expected more of an meal..... mind you they main course is yet to even come yet. :mjlol:

Marvel should just react to the complaints and just show their entire movie in the trailers leaving no real surprises like BvS:troll:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
good interview

he basically confirmed there is tons of magic left to be shown, for those concerned about it just being inception-like and no magic

edit: this guy might post on the coli, im :deadrose: him mentioning people on the internet arguing over whether dr strange ripped off batman begins or batman begins ripped off strange :mjlol:

edit 2: marvel listening to that feedback :wow:

edit 3: question from asian guy in the netherlands about the ancient one casting :jbhmm: @TheGodling do you know this guy :jbhmm:

edit 4: @Jello Biafra thoughts on his views on the casting starting around 17:53?

They both ripped of the Shadow.

Bruce Wayne/Lamont Cranston are the same character basically.

Dr. Strange was an a$$hole like Lamont Cranston before he went to see the Tulku who humbled and then taught him mystic arts.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
edit 4: @Jello Biafra thoughts on his views on the casting starting around 17:53?

His argument is kinda bullshyt.
So The Ancient One is a racist stereotype from Tibet which makes the character a cultural landmine and the solution is to whitewash the character instead of taking the opportunity to maybe clean up the racist aspects of the character?
The reason Marvel is being criticized is they took a role that could have gone to an Asian actor and gave it to a white person. A better solution would be to remove the Tibet location; make the Ancient One's homebase one of the 5 Great Mountains of China; and then cast an Asian actor.
Instead they seem to be copping pleas that they made the cast so multi-racial just because they were expecting to be criticized for the whitewashing of the Ancient One.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They both ripped of the Shadow.

Bruce Wayne/Lamont Cranston are the same character basically.

Dr. Strange was an a$$hole like Lamont Cranston before he went to see the Tulku who humbled and then taught him mystic arts.
Yeah, neither Batman or Dr. Strange originated "the white guy going to Tibet to be trained" plus Nolan didn't actually steal the idea from Dr. Strange's origin because I am almost 100% positive that Denny Oneil wrote that into Batman's origin during his time writing the batman comics in the 1970s.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah, neither Batman or Dr. Strange originated "the white guy going to Tibet to be trained" plus Nolan didn't actually steal the idea from Dr. Strange's origin because I am almost 100% positive that Denny Oneil wrote that into Batman's origin during his time writing the batman comics in the 1970s.

But Dr. Strange debuted in 1963..... so theres that

:huhldup: akward

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But Dr. Strange debuted in 1963..... so theres that

:huhldup: akward
But the likelihood that Christopher Nolan stole the idea from Dr. Strange is nonsense. He got the idea from Batman comics.
And both Batman and Dr. Strange stole the idea from about a long list of characters from pulp magazines.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
But the likelihood that Christopher Nolan stole the idea from Dr. Strange is nonsense. He got the idea from Batman comics.
And both Batman and Dr. Strange stole the idea from about a long list of characters from pulp magazines.

I think it has to do with the Dr. Strange script written by David Goyer in the mid 90s being adapted for BB, not comic book lore

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think it has to do with the Dr. Strange script written by David Goyer in the mid 90s being adapted for BB, not comic book lore

You're both right. Goyer put it in his dr strange draft and then transferred it to batman begins but it was also a part of batman lore because batman and other heroes have poached a lot from the shadow

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:blessed: Michael Giacchino THE GOAT is now gonna start SCORING MCU movies!!!!!

I don't get why this guy has so many stans in the film nerd community.

I've seen a lot of films he has scored and nothing sticks out

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
even though marvel tripping over themselves trying to explain the bullshyt white washing, i'm still excited to see this...there is so much potential with strange, he's a cool character....