Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Really enjoyed this. Best origin movie from marvel. I do wish the action was edited better. Too many cuts. And whoever designed this was obsessed with Inception

Also seems like the new thor will copy triumph and torment (my number1 most wanted movie) but switch around thingz. My theory:

Hela for mephisto
Odin for dooms mom

Hela will have the soul gem and loki/thor need to go to wherever she keeps shyt to rescue odin soul. Thats why they need Strange

The bill is Thanos

Got it tied with Iron Man for best origin movie.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Its always about the money baby..... plus it will be crazy to be like "you know what, we just gonna say fukk your entire country"

It wasnt an easy decision but aint nothing wrong with trying to be as sympathetic as you can to a country that you are trying to do and been doing business with... especially big business.

The fallout couldve been catastrophic

Martha
nah i'm not buying that white ass bullshyt excuse

change it from her being from tibet... fukk it don't even mention where she's from... just make it a random asian character.. or just change her origin to wherever the asian person was from

dude went from, "we couldn't make her from tibet" to "so we got an american white lady to play her" in an instant... like there was zero middle ground in there... like there would have been 1% of the uproar if they made her chinese vs white

don't fall for that bullshyt

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
nah i'm not buying that white ass bullshyt excuse

change it from her being from tibet... fukk it don't even mention where she's from... just make it a random asian character.. or just change her origin to wherever the asian person was from

dude went from, "we couldn't make her from tibet" to "so we got an american white lady to play her" in an instant... like there was zero middle ground in there... like there would have been 1% of the uproar if they made her chinese vs white

don't fall for that bullshyt
She's actually British.
Do you find the 'white guy learns skill from Asian and then surpasses them' idea as racist or nah? I think they were trying to avoid that also.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
She's actually British.
Do you find the 'white guy learns skill from Asian and then surpasses them' idea as racist or nah? I think they were trying to avoid that also.
No because 1. It’s already the story. 2. Cause how is learning and improving somehow a race issue? There’s 150 thousand movies of the student surpassing the teacher. I mean it’s literally done all the fukking time. But now if a white guy does it, it’s racist against the teacher?

shyt is way too politically correct. A white guy killing random Asians is racist. Or talking down to them. A white guy going to learn from one, and then surpassing them ain’t shyt.

A white guy making sure a white woman is playing a part is suspect. That reasoning was suspect. And I highly doubt China would give 1 flying fukk in the end. I’m sure they didn’t even ask anyone in China

It’s so minor, I didn’t even care. But this explanation just pisses me off cause the level of bullshyt reasoning

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No because 1. It’s already the story. 2. Cause how is learning and improving somehow a race issue? There’s 150 thousand movies of the student surpassing the teacher. I mean it’s literally done all the fukking time. But now if a white guy does it, it’s racist against the teacher?

shyt is way too politically correct. A white guy killing random Asians is racist. Or talking down to them. A white guy going to learn from one, and then surpassing them ain’t shyt.

A white guy making sure a white woman is playing a part is suspect. That reasoning was suspect. And I highly doubt China would give 1 flying fukk in the end. I’m sure they didn’t even ask anyone in China

It’s so minor, I didn’t even care. But this explanation just pisses me off cause the level of bullshyt reasoning
I feel you in that it is overly politically correct. But they do have Chinese consultants on ALL their movies to ensure they get that China release. I read that somewhere prior to this movie coming out.
In all PC shyt Asians, Persians and Arabs get fukked or no consideration which is bullshyt and undermines the entire effort. This did not help, but I agree this was minor.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not falling for the BS..... but also not gonna over analyze and fall for the faux anger.

Ok they keep the character Asian.... great now is there gonna be a big issue with Chiwetels character now being black when he originally isn't?

And his character is more integral to the OVERALL story since he's returning and can pop up in other movies while she was "one and done"?

We don't need to overdo the anger and be hypocritical on a one off character .

"The ancient one white!":fire:
"Mordo is black!":whistle:

Martha

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Just watched this again. I got the DVD from the library. I wish I saw this in 3D. The movie was solid. Baron had the :what: face during all of Dr Strange mess ups. I can't wait to see him in the sequel when the bill comes due :birdman:

I like how Marvel got their rights back from Fox the same way Strange beat Dromomoo

Marvel: Fox we come to negotiate :shaq:

Fox: :dahell:

Fox: :camby:

Fox: :why:

Fox: Okay.... :to:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just watched this again. I got the DVD from the library. I wish I saw this in 3D. The movie was solid. Baron had the :what: face during all of Dr Strange mess ups. I can't wait to see him in the sequel when the bill comes due :birdman:

I like how Marvel got their rights back from Fox the same way Strange beat Dromomoo

Fox: :dahell:

Fox: :camby:

Fox: :why:

Fox: Okay.... :to:

It's, "I've come to bargin.", you fukk.