Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The thing is Gruber is the exception not the rule. Far more action movies have been made with one note villains just there to challenge a compelling hero than villains that are compelling on there own. Stories have always been the heroes journey with the villain as obstacle on that journey. Some actors make better use of limited time onscreen than others and come away with a compelling character anyway, like Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the lambs. Some can't grab your attention that way to make themselves memorable or compelling. It's not just what you're given it's what you do with it.

While I agree it's difficult I don't think it's impossible and I'd prefer they shoot for impossible rather than going with doable and safe. Especially since Scott and the cast acknowledged the villain issue and said this guy solves it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
While I agree it's difficult I don't think it's impossible and I'd prefer they shoot for impossible rather than going with doable and safe. Especially since Scott and the cast acknowledged the villain issue and said this guy solves it

Eh....technically they did partially handle the villain problem. He sent Earth into the Dark Dimension and it took an Infinity Stone to reverse it. So he was definitely a bigger threat than, let's say Ronan or Malekith.
I think as far as that Scott, etc. was probably :obama: "nailed it" but Kaecilis was pretty paint-by-numbers, which is the other half of the problem with MCU villains.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Eh....technically they did partially handle the villain problem. He sent Earth into the Dark Dimension and it took an Infinity Stone to reverse it. So he was definitely a bigger threat than, let's say Ronan or Malekith.
I think as far as that Scott, etc. was probably :obama: "nailed it" but Kaecilis was pretty paint-by-numbers, which is the other half of the problem with MCU villains.

Fred.

Nah they were saying we have a compelling main guy in Kaecillis and how mads knocked it out the park and brought so much to it. Now grant it, that could be very true and a lot of that is on he cutting room floor. The movie is the shortest marvel flick so it's a good chance that he was less paint by numbers in the script

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
DORMAMMU, I'VE COME TO BARGAIN

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
@Yo Yo Ma

Breh created a thread to push bootleg Dr Strange copies. Its got prompted deleted. The desperation is inspiring.:mjgrin:
he does it every MCU movie and they still make damn near a billy :heh:....they'll prolly watch the bootleg of this and be like ":ohhh: i need the theater experience for this one" and another DC L will ensue :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
saw it last night in imax 3D, money well spent. great experience and fantastic use of 3D.

overall i really enjoyed the movie, top 5 in the entire MCU for me.

the good:

- the cast... great cast.
- visual effects were great especially during the inception scenes, 3D was wild.
- dug the light/dark mythology and the symbolism that came with it.

the bad:

- the cheap jokes in these marvel movies need to go. scenes were ruined by strange quipping all the time.
- didn't really get enough context for the magic and how these powers work.
- dormamu looked fukkin terrible in the end, very underwhelming.

all in all one of the better superhero movies that have been made. not an all time great, but pretty damn good and may go down as a classic just for introducing the world to dr strange and doing it this well.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saw it last night in imax 3D, money well spent. great experience and fantastic use of 3D.

overall i really enjoyed the movie, top 5 in the entire MCU for me.

the good:

- the cast... great cast.
- visual effects were great especially during the inception scenes, 3D was wild.
- dug the light/dark mythology and the symbolism that came with it.

the bad:

- the cheap jokes in these marvel movies need to go. scenes were ruined by strange quipping all the time.
- didn't really get enough context for the magic and how these powers work.
- dormamu looked fukkin terrible in the end, very underwhelming.

all in all one of the better superhero movies that have been made. not an all time great, but pretty damn good and may go down as a classic just for introducing the world to dr strange and doing it this well.
Yeah I agree with the jokes. Way too many

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I've never seen it as a new need tho. I like good characters, breh and when I feel like one of the principals is short changed I speak on it. It's not just about the "threat" or any of that its about having good characters. I pointed out Hans Gruber as a great example and grant it, not every movie can reach that bar because that's a serious bar to reach, but its also not impossible.
most movies dont have an iconic villain, the only reason it is brought up constantly is because they've set the bar high with everything else. atleast thats the assumption i make, otherwise its just nitpicking to nitpick because most other people love the movies and others want to bring them down