Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Saw it on Saturday.....6/10

People sitting around me were actually falling asleep.

No crowd buzz.

This and IM3 are the 2 most boring Marvel flicks IMO

I've never been big on sorcery/magic and shyt like that, tho:ld:
they were snoring and shyt?

see, your fukkin ass was too busy focusing on what other people doing to even know what if the movie was good or not :hahapaul:

muthafukkin got night vision goggles and shyt clockin the audience

"CANT WAIT TO TELL THE COLI THEY SLEEP!!!!":fukubeeeee:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Saw this last night I enjoyed it a lot :ehh:Special effects were great and I'm looking forward to Stranges next appearance as well as his sequel. Ancient One was about that action but knew she had flaws and to me I understood why Mordo did what he did:demonic:I can't say this is in my top 5 MCU movies but still very enjoyable :salute::bryan:at the cloak getting his carpet from Aladdin though :pachaha:Some of the jolers were cool some were :ld:Would've liked to see Dericksons originally darker version :jbhmm:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Kang is a general marvel foe. He is mobile enough to appear in any time, place, in any planet or dimension... so he shows up in anybody's comic from Fan-4 to Avengers, Dr Strange, Spiderman... If I had to place him... I guess he is more of a Fan-4 type villain... but really he causes Dr Doom more problems than he causes the Fantastic-4. Doom/Kang are bitter rivals. But again, Dr Doom is as much of an Ironman villain as he is a Fan-4 villain. Fan-4 only have Dr Doom's liscence cause they have his origin story tied into theirs. Same with Kingpin. He is as much a Spiderman villain as a Daredevil villain, but DD is rooted into his origin story so they throw him into the DD liscence.

Marvel has/had a cosmic liscencing package, but Fan-4 ended up being the defacto cosmic liscence for many years cause it got you Silver Surfer/Galactus and his other heralds, plus the Skrulls.
The skrulls are tied to thr Kree and it spirals on from there.

X-Men liscence would get you the Shi'ar I imagine... maybe the Phalanx...

In the marvel cinematic universe them not having the Skrull liscence caused alot of problems already. Its why they created the Chautari alien race that the Avengers fight. They already have a shapeshifting alien race of invaders, they just didn't have the rights to use them.

This is a skrull ship from thre comics.

th

This is a 'chitauri' ship from the movie. :skip:

th

So if they can't use Kang the Konqurer... they might just make up 'Kung the Kwonkererer' or something. :pachaha:

Chitauri are real not made up

Chitauri - Wikipedia

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Just saw it. Thought it was dope. Loved the special effects and fight scenes. Mages fighting like ninjas is pure win.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he flames on on shield in the clips I see and it looks better than what I remember from the trash nic cage did. We wouldn't get that level of CGI on Netflix but dream my brotha
He has been more flaming eyes/flaming chain more than straight on Ghost Rider and even when he is engulfed in flames it isn't for long. :yeshrug:

If Marvel addresses the criticism that their shows are too long at 13 episodes and cut them to about 8 like they are doing with Defenders, and I'm sure they'll get an increase in budget after their success with the first wave, I don't see why it can't be done. And like I mentioned before, he doesn't need to be full on Ghost Rider each episode

But yeah you got you thoughts on it and I got mine :hubie:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But it's about setting up stakes in any movie and the threat has to be developed and you can't just handicap it by saying "well it's not their movie." That's the challenge of a writer and director to juggle those characters and make sure each is fed enough. Every hero is only as good as their villain and if your villains are one more cardboard cutouts and not developed then it all becomes meh. There's a reason joker, doc ock, Loki, and magneto are some of the best comic book movie villains. Wether we get equal time with them or not, they're given enough material for us to understand why they're doing what they're doing, see their side of the argument, and see them as three dimensional characters not just mustache twirlers. And this cat could've been that because he's got some strong backstory and his plight has a thematic tie with Strange's plight.

It's not about wasting time. You're job as a storyteller is to tell this story right here. Make this story the best it can be. Yeah I get it's corporate filmmaking so they have to serve two masters and while that's a shame, it's also reality so it is what it is. But you sacrifice good actors and potentially great characters by doing that.

You can set up stakes and have a great movie without knowing much of anything about the villain beyond the fact it's a threat. Some of the greatest action movies in history have one dimensional villains. Terminator 1 & 2, Predator and Aliens. I just don't get this new need for the villain to have equal time or for us to care about his reasons or side, why isn't it enough that he needs to be stopped?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You can set up stakes and have a great movie without knowing much of anything about the villain beyond the fact it's a threat. Some of the greatest action movies in history have one dimensional villains. Terminator 1 & 2, Predator and Aliens. I just don't get this new need for the villain to have equal time or for us to care about his reasons or side, why isn't it enough that he needs to be stopped?

I've never seen it as a new need tho. I like good characters, breh and when I feel like one of the principals is short changed I speak on it. It's not just about the "threat" or any of that its about having good characters. I pointed out Hans Gruber as a great example and grant it, not every movie can reach that bar because that's a serious bar to reach, but its also not impossible.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
they were snoring and shyt?

see, your fukkin ass was too busy focusing on what other people doing to even know what if the movie was good or not :hahapaul:

muthafukkin got night vision goggles and shyt clockin the audience

"CANT WAIT TO TELL THE COLI THEY SLEEP!!!!":fukubeeeee:
Lol :mjlol:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I heard Cumberbatch voiced Dormammu..could that scene be him talking to his future self?
:lupe:
Does anyone know the time period this actually took place? I was thinking of Winter Soldier when Hydra had Steven Strange's name on the kill list with those helicarriers. Was he still a doctor or was that after he had his accident? Kind of hard to tell.

I almost lost my shyt when he mentioned The Staff of the Living Tribunal
:ooh::ooh::ooh:
Please dear God let this happen. If they put The Living Tribunal on screen and in the Infinity War movies..
rWAOxK.gif

Movie was amazing. I loved the effects and the 3D IMAX left my brain broke. I absolutely loved this movie.