Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
My only major quibble was Karl falling that far off the slippery slope so quickly in the stinger. I mean, we saw that he was kinda rigid and unreasonable throughout the movie but not an outright extremist outchea trying to recripple dudes. Not that it's not a logical progression, but it's too sudden imo.

Not necessarily....

I mean it's not like it was instant....... movie time is never the same as real life time....... that after credit scene more than likely happened several months later after the event was of that final battle

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
One big issue I had and was unexpected - how dafuq could Rachel see Stephen's astral body? Because he wanted her to? This seems a big departure from the early Strange omnibus Ditko comics I've been reading (which are DOPE) where no one but sorcerors/other dimensional beings can see them and the "muggles" as HP refers to them can't.

I saw it in both 3D IMAX FULL SIZE (no LIE) and 3D XD and enjoyed the hell out of it. But agree with some of the crits. I think Kaecilius was a really good villain actually, because Mads is a great actor and his monologue was so well written to me. But yeah, Dormammu could have been much more frightening and the "low growly" voice shyt is overused. The only thing about the humor that bothered me is they invited making the movie appear dated by the pop-culture refs. Otherwise it was just funny enough.

Also, it felt like this was the rare movie where it woulda benefitted from 10-20 more minutes, of both Stephen's character building in the beginning and more time spent in the other dimensions and magic rules being taught. Here I was scared that Tilda would be too Yoda, when it turns out she needed to be MORE Yoda. And it turns out their controversial choice to make it a she and make her appear that way was brilliant because it tied in to the story organically when her secret was revealed.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My only major quibble was Karl falling that far off the slippery slope so quickly in the stinger. I mean, we saw that he was kinda rigid and unreasonable throughout the movie but not an outright extremist outchea trying to recripple dudes. Not that it's not a logical progression, but it's too sudden imo.

I didn't really think it's sudden at all. He spent the whole movie talking about protecting the natural order of things, and this guy is walking around because he's casually using magic 24/7 with no thought to the consequences.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One big issue I had and was unexpected - how dafuq could Rachel see Stephen's astral body? Because he wanted her to? This seems a big departure from the early Strange omnibus Ditko comics I've been reading (which are DOPE) where no one but sorcerors/other dimensional beings can see them and the "muggles" as HP refers to them can't.

I'm assuming because he wanted her to, because she was about to stick the needle in the wrong spot when he appeared to her.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it will probably be owned by Nebula which is still at large and then Thanos will swoop in and take it from her in GOTG

Nah because Nebula is in "Guardians Of The Galaxy 2" and James Gunn already said that movie has no Infinity Stone in it.

I wonder where the Soul stone is gonna appear.

The best bet is "Thor: Ragnarok". It has Hela which seems to be the MCU stand in for Death, so it stands to reason that would be the next movie to move the Thanos subplot forward.

Fred.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!

I saw it in both 3D IMAX FULL SIZE (no LIE) and 3D XD and enjoyed the hell out of it. But agree with some of the crits. I think Kaecilius was a really good villain actually, because Mads is a great actor and his monologue was so well written to me. But yeah, Dormammu could have been much more frightening and the "low growly" voice shyt is overused. The only thing about the humor that bothered me is they invited making the movie appear dated by the pop-culture refs. Otherwise it was just funny enough.
:ufdup: Beyonce is timeless

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I liked this movie but it is in the bottom half of the MCU (9 ranking to be exact) for me and the main reason is the magic. I just can't wrap my head around the rules. I was looking forward to this being a bit science based, they paid lip service to it but no explaining. I think this movie could have used an additional 15-20 minutes for magic explanation and some character development to be in my top half rankings of the MCU.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Nah because Nebula is in "Guardians Of The Galaxy 2" and James Gunn already said that movie has no Infinity Stone in it.

The best bet is "Thor: Ragnarok". It has Hela which seems to be the MCU stand in for Death, so it stands to reason that would be the next movie to move the Thanos subplot forward.

Fred.
Very true you right

Plus it sets up Thors whole infinity stone investigation idea since he found out about it in AoU and assuming he was busy researching in Civil war

• Dap
Reactions: hex

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
I'm assuming because he wanted her to, because she was about to stick the needle in the wrong spot when he appeared to her.

Fred.
dude literally was invisble to her until he used the mirror dimension to pop in and tlk to her in his astral from. like the shyt was right on screen hw cld u not understand, he fukkin popped in and out multiple times :dead:
I liked this movie but it is in the bottom half of the MCU (9 ranking to be exact) for me and the main reason is the magic. I just can't wrap my head around the rules. I was looking forward to this being a bit science based, they paid lip service to it but no explaining. I think this movie could have used an additional 15-20 minutes for magic explanation and some character development to be in my top half rankings of the MCU.
they harness energy and bend it to ther will, the ancient one cleary tlks bout magic when strange first gets there :what:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
dude literally was invisble to her until he used the mirror dimension to pop in and tlk to her in his astral from. like the shyt was right on screen hw cld u not understand, he fukkin popped in and out multiple times :dead:

they harness energy and bend it to ther will, the ancient one cleary tlks bout magic when strange first gets there :what:
OK things that don't make a lot of sense even by the rules they explained:
  • If Chiwetel and Benjamin Bratt are both sorcerers how does Mordo take his magic away from his back being fixed? Couldn't Benjamin Bratt just take it back or do it over?
  • If Natural Law is so important why do the sorcerers do sorcery at all?
  • They say you need those rings to travel from one dimension to the other. How does the Ancient One take Strange on that five minute trip through the dimensions when he's not wearing one?

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
  • If Chiwetel and Benjamin Bratt are both sorcerers how does Mordo take his magic away from his back being fixed? Couldn't Benjamin Bratt just take it back or do it over?
  • They say you need those rings to travel from one dimension to the other. How does the Ancient One take Strange on that five minute trip through the dimensions when he's not wearing one?
1. during his travels mordo could have developed a magic removal ability, he takes away all a person's magical ability for good. this wld make the cripple cat unable to regain his sorcery and heal his bike.
2. to protect sed law from being corrupted by those like kacelius and to prevent dormammu from coming here. the sanctums create a global warding shield. no sorcerers=no sanctum=dormammu=end of world.
3. dat may have been a more of a mental thing elevated by magic (lol similar to the effects of lcd as strange thot it was) so she "opened his third eye" when she pressed his forehead to show him the possibilities.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

1. Pangborn was nowhere near the level of Mordo. He found out how to walk again then bounced from the temple.

So whatever Mordo did to reverse the process would be above the skill level Pangborn has.

2. What @KOOL-AID said. Also they specifically said certain types of magic is problematic....like accessing the Dark Dimension, or fukking with Time Magic. Which again is why Mordo was looking at Strange like :martin: when he used the Eye Of Agamotto in the final fight.

3. You need the rings to open those sparkly portals to go from point A to B....obviously there is other ways to access other dimensions, look at what Kaecilius did in the last scene.

Lastly, a lot of the explanations for magic are going to be guesses or assumptions, because it's magic. They can modify the rules as it fits the plot.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Forgot to say the batch of trailers before this movie were absolute fire.

Finally seeing Logan and Rogue one trailers on the big screen :banderas:
(hadn't been to the movies in a while)

Plus the WW one

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was thinking last night

Strange went thru all of that, died multiple times and still didnt get what he originally went for. His hands arent stable and still pretty much damaged

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was thinking last night

Strange went thru all of that, died multiple times and still didnt get what he originally went for. His hands arent stable and still pretty much damaged

Before she died The Ancient One asked him if he could go back to the way things were, would he? And he said "no". So he made peace with the fact that he'd never be a surgeon again.

Fred.