Dormamu I've come to make a bargain
:demonic:

dormammu-and-dante-o.gif

:ufdup:

88450f0499e6eb3efa1a41e86ffb195a.gif

Aight man damn what :damn:

Damn what game is that?!? Nikka looking like a damn beast. He better come back in pt 2 like u done fukked up now strange

:ufdup:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Doctor Strange' Credits Contain Cool Easter Egg

Doctor Strange was chock full of easter eggs, from various relics, certain wi-fi passwords, and the appearance of a certain Avengers tower; however, one easter egg seems to have gone completely unnoticed.

One of the running gags in the film is about how warnings come after the instructions, and well the joke continues even once the film ends. The easter egg, which takes a little bit of connective work, is the safe driving warning at the end of the film’s credits. The ‘instructions’ in this case would then be Strange’s car accident at the beginning of the film. Yet this easter egg, even the film’s screenwriter wasn’t aware of.

Speaking with The Huffington Post, screenwriter Jon Spaihts said he didn’t even realize the connection between the driving warning and the running joke during the film. He claims the connection is simply a “happy accident.”

Whether or not the joke was intentional, it’s an easter egg few will connect–even should they see the warning in the credits. Personally I agree with Spaihts, I doubt the warning was in ties with the film’s running gag and was simply a legal note they needed at the end of the film.

But what do you guys think? Is this a legitimate easter egg? Does it work for the running joke? Let us know in the comments down below!

Doctor Strange is in theaters now.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
How 'Doctor Strange' Connects To The MCU

We should all know by now that Marvel are planning towards a bigger picture with each release in their Cinematic Universe. These stories are all building up a story that involves Thanos the Mad Titan and the Infinity Gauntlet. Said Gauntlet requires a collection of Infinity Stones, and they’ve popped up in many movies.

One of these movies is Doctor Strange, Marvel’s latest hit movie (which is doing pretty damn well in the box office already). While Doctor Strange is very, very different from the movies before it, it’s still very relevant to this overarching narrative thanks to the Time stone. Stephen Strange wields the Eye of Agamotto, and that’s where the stone resides.

Here’s what director Scott Derrickson toldCinemaBlend about the inclusion of the stone:

Surprisingly, it was something that just evolved organically. The Eye [of Agamotto] in the comics is too powerful! The Eye is a Deux Ex Machina device — it doesn’t matter how bad a situation Doctor Strange is in, it’s like, ‘Wait! The Eye of Agamotto! Let me take the Earth to the other side of the solar system!’ It could do anything at any time. So we ended up working into the idea that it was used for time manipulation, and that just organically led us to, ‘Well, why don’t we put the Time Stone in it?’ And it worked!

Doctor Strange is out in theaters now!

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just got home. Seen it in IMAX 3D. I'll keep the spoilers relatively light.

This is one of the most visually creative movies I've ever seen. How Strange....um, "resolved"....the problem at the end of the movie was cool as fukk.

How Kaecilius went out was kinda :ld: but that's basically par for the course in most of these Marvel movies. Not to mention the "big bad" was technically Dormammu.

I didn't mind Kaecilius as much as some people....but his motivations were just kinda :what:

I understand everything he said but it would've made 100x more sense, and added some depth to the character, if Dormammu offered him a time loop where his loved ones never died. Because The Ancient One (or maybe it was Mordo) said he came to them after he lost everyone. Then when he's explaining his motivations to Strange he's basically like "no time = no death, let's go for it breh".

Like I said it wasn't a problem but there was a way to add more to the character within what they had, and they dropped the ball.

Dr. Strange and his journey was basically perfect. The Ancient One was a beast. Wong and Mordo were cool.

The Time Stone is over powered as fukk. This is the first MCU movie where I've seen an Infinity Stone and it lived up to the hype. They are supposed to be insanely powerful.

If I had a problem or two with the movie it would be the pacing and the humor. Marvel needs to learn when not to use a joke. As far as the pacing I think they should've cut one of the hospital scenes towards the middle of the movie....because Strange is there himself....the like 10 minutes later he shows back up with....well, you know who. Movie would've flowed better if they cut one of those sequences out....probably the Strange one.

Over all it was a dope movie. I don't think it's top 5, but it's top 10 easily.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
they were snoring and shyt?

see, your fukkin ass was too busy focusing on what other people doing to even know what if the movie was good or not :hahapaul:

muthafukkin got night vision goggles and shyt clockin the audience

"CANT WAIT TO TELL THE COLI THEY SLEEP!!!!":fukubeeeee:

:russell:

If I couldn't wait, I would've been in here Saturday night saying it was poor
Monday......peeped the thread, "Oh yeah, I did see that bunk shyt:russell:"

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never seen it as a new need tho. I like good characters, breh and when I feel like one of the principals is short changed I speak on it. It's not just about the "threat" or any of that its about having good characters. I pointed out Hans Gruber as a great example and grant it, not every movie can reach that bar because that's a serious bar to reach, but its also not impossible.
The thing is Gruber is the exception not the rule. Far more action movies have been made with one note villains just there to challenge a compelling hero than villains that are compelling on there own. Stories have always been the heroes journey with the villain as obstacle on that journey. Some actors make better use of limited time onscreen than others and come away with a compelling character anyway, like Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the lambs. Some can't grab your attention that way to make themselves memorable or compelling. It's not just what you're given it's what you do with it.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Just got home. Seen it in IMAX 3D. I'll keep the spoilers relatively light.

This is one of the most visually creative movies I've ever seen. How Strange....um, "resolved"....the problem at the end of the movie was cool as fukk.

How Kaecilius went out was kinda :ld: but that's basically par for the course in most of these Marvel movies. Not to mention the "big bad" was technically Dormammu.

I didn't mind Kaecilius as much as some people....but his motivations were just kinda :what:

I understand everything he said but it would've made 100x more sense, and added some depth to the character, if Dormammu offered him a time loop where his loved ones never died. Because The Ancient One (or maybe it was Mordo) said he came to them after he lost everyone. Then when he's explaining his motivations to Strange he's basically like "no time = no death, let's go for it breh".
Like I said it wasn't a problem but there was a way to add more to the character within what they had, and they dropped the ball.

Dr. Strange and his journey was basically perfect. The Ancient One was a beast. Wong and Mordo were cool.

The Time Stone is over powered as fukk. This is the first MCU movie where I've seen an Infinity Stone and it lived up to the hype. They are supposed to be insanely powerful.

If I had a problem or two with the movie it would be the pacing and the humor. Marvel needs to learn when not to use a joke. As far as the pacing I think they should've cut one of the hospital scenes towards the middle of the movie....because Strange is there himself....the like 10 minutes later he shows back up with....well, you know who. Movie would've flowed better if they cut one of those sequences out....probably the Strange one.

Over all it was a dope movie. I don't think it's top 5, but it's top 10 easily.

Fred.
:ehh:agreed

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:russell:

If I couldn't wait, I would've been in here Saturday night saying it was poor
Monday......peeped the thread, "Oh yeah, I did see that bunk shyt:russell:"
A lot of negative things can be said about this movie, but if someone told me they fell asleep I'd hit them with the
ghhhhhfjpg_zpsyor1b8zf.png

They must suffer from narcolepsy. There's a ton of SFX on screen basically every 10 minutes after Strange goes to Nepal. Probably more than any other MCU movie to date.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Can anyone list each of the stones that have been featured in the marvel movies? Which stones are missing?

I need to do a rewatch at some point but damn the list of movies keeps growing...soon a marathon is going to take a week:huhldup:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone list each of the stones that have been featured in the marvel movies? Which stones are missing?

I need to do a rewatch at some point but damn the list of movies keeps growing...soon a marathon is going to take a week:huhldup:

Space Stone aka The Tesseract: "Captain America" and "The Avengers"
Mind Stone: "The Avengers" and "Age Of Ultron"
Reality Stone: "Thor 2"
Power Stone: "Guardians Of The Galaxy"
Time Stone: "Dr. Strange"

The only one missing is the Soul Stone.

Fred.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Guardians Of the Galaxy and Spiderman homecoming will be the same quality as Doctor Strange, because of time restraints and money, unless they are longer than 2 hours

I'm almost certain Marvel took less money to make doctor strange and will do the same with GOTG because Black Panther, Ragnorok, and infinity wars 1 will break the bank and be the same great quality as Civil War :wow:

we are truly spoiled :wow: :wow:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Space Stone aka The Tesseract: "Captain America" and "The Avengers"
Mind Stone: "The Avengers" and "Age Of Ultron"
Reality Stone: "Thor 2"
Power Stone: "Guardians Of The Galaxy"
Time Stone: "Dr. Strange"

The only one missing is the Soul Stone.

Fred.
it will probably be owned by Nebula which is still at large and then Thanos will swoop in and take it from her in GOTG

• Dap