Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Yet.....Yet....personally I didn't even find mads to be a typical villain he seemed more like a sympathetic villian to me :yeshrug:he wasn't a complete dud like, Mickey Rourke, Roman or the dude in Thor 2 however Doormamu's portrayal gave me cause for pause. He looked like a glow in the dark skater park and came off a bit mam-ra like. Did not seem intimidating at all seemed more baffoonish than anything, could easily see them treating thanos like this.. :francis:

Sure, even classic macguffin's have levels of effectiveness/believabilty.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I get it...... its just hard for me to pull that as something to KNOCK this movie and other Marvel movies on when there have been and clearly are many great movies past and present where villains have been treated the same way or less. Then again, I guess cuz its a comic book movie then maybe the extra criticism is needed and mandatory.

Classic films like Rambo NEVER had a great villain but didnt take away from them being great iconic movies, same with Indiana Jones, same with even recent shyts like Fast series. Hell the villain in MOS and BB were about in line with was Mads did but not even that to me hurt the films since again I think the bigger story is the films titled hero and his journey and the characters supporting them that will be mainstays in their journeys. (attention to anyone that may come in and specifically speak on the choices I picked..... those were just random movies I thought of at the time of typing this.... please dont respond with the BS "bu bu bu bu but he just compared this movie to ______ specifically")

The Loki's and Magnetos are different from the standpoint that they play integral parts in the hero's journeys in the long run. The Jokers and Doc Octs are different because prior to the movies they are iconic characters that have great followings and much longer, deeper, and popular histories and bigger crossovers and fanbases.

I still think on a basic level we DID get material to understand why Mads was doing what he was doing (explained in the scene with A1, Strange, and Mondor), his side of the argument (explained STRAIGHT FROM HIM in the NY Sanctum when he was temporary restrained). But I do get what you're saying and not trying to really argue against or fight your stance on that.

I was just good with that, seeing him with 2-6 more monologues or a flashback of him as a child/student of the A1 or etc wouldnt have done too much more for me. Seeing him in more scene kill people for the sake or killing them or causing more damage and violence also wouldnt have done much more to make me think "oh he's the real deal" than I was already convinced he was.

I think for someone that is "one and done" he perfectly served his purpose and I'm ready to see how Modor and Dumaramu (characters again I really dont know much about but intrigued) do going forward

Billy-D_Approves.gif

well said

the villain complaint about this movie doesn't hold weight to me considering another villain was actually right before our eyes for a majority of the movie and one who will prove to be more meaningful down the line.

no dis to Mads, but the character he played does not even ring any bells to me, so as far as i'm concerned he served his purpose.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Billy-D_Approves.gif

well said

the villain complaint about this movie doesn't hold weight to me considering another villain was actually right before our eyes for a majority of the movie and one who will prove to be more meaningful down the line.

no dis to Mads, but the character he played does not even ring any bells to me, so as far as i'm concerned he served his purpose.

The movie wasn't really about the villain though.

It was about

1. "events" led to Dr. Strange changing "professions"
2. how those events introduce the audience to another infinity stone.
3. how the aftermath connects with future events in the MCU.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
The movie wasn't really about the villain though.

It was about

1. "events" led to Dr. Strange changing "professions"
2. how those events introduce the audience to another infinity stone.
3. how the aftermath connects with future events in the MCU.

i agree - the villain thing wasn't an issue for me honestly - just agreeing with @Bryan Danielson post about the villain

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
i agree - the villain thing wasn't an issue for me honestly - just agreeing with @Bryan Danielson post about the villain

This particular villain served a purpose though. He basically exposed the ancient one as being shady which enabled her to stay in power for so long.

It's almost like Luke going to the dark side of the force to beat his foes every now and then but preaching about how bad the dark side is to the jedi.

Every villain doesn't need to be like the Joker. But then again the ONLY two things people can nitpick with Marvel movies about are the jokes and the villain. :manny:

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Probably won't see this in theaters, but $325M already:scusthov:. It's going to probably beat MoS.:dead:

DC really should just reboot man. There's no shame in that.

Start over in 2021.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
BOX OFFICE: DOCTOR STRANGE Passes $325 Million Worldwide After Massive Debut In China

We heard yesterday that Doctor Strange would likely earn $80 million this weekend, but the latest figures are in, and it's now looking like the movie has scored $85 million at the North American box office. Whether or not it's topped Marvel's previous November opening of $85.7 million for Thor: The Dark World is something we probably won't know until tomorrow, but it's certainly possible.

Overseas, Doctor Strange racked up an additional $118 million this weekend, giving it a total of $240 million as of right now. A big chunk of that came from China where the origin story scored $44.3 million, the third best debut for the studio behind only Avengers: Age of Ultronand Captain America: Civil War. Doctor Strange is also the first movie to play on over 1000 IMAX screens (1001), and that added $24.2 million to its global haul this weekend. That is currently $325 million worldwide!

As a result, a sequel is pretty much guaranteed at this point. Doctor Strange is the fourteenth consecutive #1 for Marvel Studios in the US, and it's cheived an A CinemaScore along with a 90% Rotten Tomatoes score. It should be interesting to see the legs the movie has from here, but it's easy to imagine Doctor Strange surpassing Ant-Man's $519 million haul by the time all is said and done.

BOX OFFICE: DOCTOR STRANGE Passes $325 Million Worldwide After Massive Debut In China

Had no doubts this movie would do numbers but damn lol

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet.....Yet....personally I didn't even find mads to be a typical villain he seemed more like a sympathetic villian to me :yeshrug:he wasn't a complete dud like, Mickey Rourke, Roman or the dude in Thor 2 however Doormamu's portrayal gave me cause for pause. He looked like a glow in the dark skater park and came off a bit mam-ra like. Did not seem intimidating at all seemed more baffoonish than anything, could easily see them treating thanos like this.. :francis:

Well he was the reason the ancient one lived so long and why mads and crew even had power to wreck the sanctums. This was dormammu's and mordo's intro and that deal at the end is what drives his hatred for strange because a mortal sonned him. Mordo's heel turn for pt 2 will feel more organic because he was rockin wit the ancient 1

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
It's funny how 1/2 of the infinity stones were on earth the whole time :ohhh:.

If I remember correctly the ancient one hinted it's why Dormamu seems to be attracted to earth. Like imagine if he actually succeeded in bringing Earth into his dimension, it'd be a bytch for Thanos to grab them lol Thanos would have to bargain his ass off.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
If I remember correctly the ancient one hinted it's why Dormamu seems to be attracted to earth. Like imagine if he actually succeeded in bringing Earth into his dimension, it'd be a bytch for Thanos to grab them lol Thanos would have to bargain his ass off.

It's not just Dormamu. At the end they was like sooner or later other realms will know the Ancient One is gone so villains gonna be standing in line to take shots at Earth.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Which stone u think would be easier for thanos to grab first??

The reality stone. Remember at the end of Thor 2 they gave it to the collector to keep hidden, however when it comes to Thanos there's no way he can keep him away. Dude has like no type of security around his joint :pachaha:

The only problem would be looking for it in that mess of collections lol