Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Age Of Ultron is piff, ain't nothing in here touching the opening scene or Hulk vs Iron Man or the Sokovia battle.

I genuinely don't understand why people are so excited by all the city/building folding here, like half the time that shyt adds absolutely nothing to the fights going on.

:russell:

Variety just ranked all 14 films and Ultron was 2nd to last only above Thor 2 :bryan: :umad:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:russell:

Variety just ranked all 14 films and Ultron was 2nd to last only above Thor 2 :bryan: :umad:
Who gives a fukk what Variety thinks, you stupid ingrate.:mjlol:

@FlyRy how did you not know this was going to be the answer?

Oh one more thing I loved about this movie: the score. And I've never been able to say that about a marvel movie. Absolutely loved what Micheal Giacchino did and supposedly he's doing the score for spider man:wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I feel that but the Rambo example doesn't work since clearly it's a man vs the elements or other military forces movie. Or sometimes just Rambo vs his own government. I feel where you're coming from I just don't think they're doing themselves any favors creatively with these cheap ass villains. Notice I said creatively not financially

Yea.... but I was picking a random movie that was great but it wasnt like folks were bashing it like "bu bu bu but da da da da da villain"

I mean dont get me wrong.... I absolutely get it..... but there are MANY movies where there have been villains that did less and people still loved the films both past and present.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea.... but I was picking a random movie that was great but it wasnt like folks were bashing it like "bu bu bu but da da da da da villain"

I mean dont get me wrong.... I absolutely get it..... but there are MANY movies where there have been villains that did less and people still loved the films both past and present.

Yeah but this is a pattern though. That's what makes it glaring. 1 or 2 or even 3 flicks okay cool but this is 14 in. That's different than singling out one or two movies from the past. Hell, one of the flaws of the bad die hard movies is the weak villain and theres a reason Hans Gruber gets the props he gets and is a big reason why the first die hard is what it is

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Yeah but this is a pattern though. That's what makes it glaring. 1 or 2 or even 3 flicks okay cool but this is 14 in. That's different than singling out one or two movies from the past. Hell, one of the flaws of the bad die hard movies is the weak villain and theres a reason Hans Gruber gets the props he gets and is a big reason why the first die hard is what it is

:lolbron: Die Hard!!!!

Thats another great example!!

John McClane + His journey!

Yes was great with that:wow:

:salute:

When you think about it.... more backstory and perspective was shown for Mads character in DS than Han:lolbron:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jesus christ, coli dudes worship Christopher Nolan and his great for one viewing movies.
what ? :snoop:
I get it...... its just hard for me to pull that as something to KNOCK this movie and other Marvel movies on when there have been and clearly are many great movies past and present where villains have been treated the same way or less. Then again, I guess cuz its a comic book movie then maybe the extra criticism is needed and mandatory.

Classic films like Rambo NEVER had a great villain but didnt take away from them being great iconic movies, same with Indiana Jones, same with even recent shyts like Fast series. Hell the villain in MOS and BB were about in line with was Mads did but not even that to me hurt the films since again I think the bigger story is the films titled hero and his journey and the characters supporting them that will be mainstays in their journeys. (attention to anyone that may come in and specifically speak on the choices I picked..... those were just random movies I thought of at the time of typing this.... please dont respond with the BS "bu bu bu bu but he just compared this movie to ______ specifically")

The Loki's and Magnetos are different from the standpoint that they play integral parts in the hero's journeys in the long run. The Jokers and Doc Octs are different because prior to the movies they are iconic characters that have great followings and much longer, deeper, and popular histories and bigger crossovers and fanbases.

I still think on a basic level we DID get material to understand why Mads was doing what he was doing (explained in the scene with A1, Strange, and Mondor), his side of the argument (explained STRAIGHT FROM HIM in the NY Sanctum when he was temporary restrained). But I do get what you're saying and not trying to really argue against or fight your stance on that.

I was just good with that, seeing him with 2-6 more monologues or a flashback of him as a child/student of the A1 or etc wouldnt have done too much more for me. Seeing him in more scene kill people for the sake or killing them or causing more damage and violence also wouldnt have done much more to make me think "oh he's the real deal" than I was already convinced he was.

I think for someone that is "one and done" he perfectly served his purpose and I'm ready to see how Modor and Dumaramu (characters again I really dont know much about but intrigued) do going forward
Csn you just refuse to accept that marvel movies may not be perfect ,??? Zod and Ras are better than almost all the marvel villains . I liked the villain in this tbh but most of them are superficial( possibly because they change things around for the stories and a lot of the villains in marvel movies aren't Well known so they need to do more work ) also this is why people are going to call you out, your saying but ohhh iconic characters such as Indiana jones and Rambo don't have iconic villains stop it man .

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:lolbron: Die Hard!!!!

Thats another great example!!

John McClane + His journey!

Yes was great with that:wow:

:salute:

When you think about it.... more backstory and perspective was shown for Mads character in DS than Han:lolbron:

But Hans is remembered in that movie for being dope homie don't even front:russ: It's John's journey but Hans is no bit player. He's smart, he's calculating, he's arrogant, he's aloof, and he's trying to hustle the world into thinking he's some sort of freedom fighter. He's also cunning but not cunning enough. There's enough character development AND screen time for us to know who Hans is, what he's about, and what his motivation is. Plus he's got memorable lines like "exceptional thief" or "Theo, it's christmas!" and then calling john "John Wayne" and comparing him to a cowboy, etc. That's all great character stuff without sacrificing the heart of the movie which is John fighting for his marriage.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
@FlyRy how did you not know this was going to be the answer?

Oh one more thing I loved about this movie: the score. And I've never been able to say that about a marvel movie. Absolutely loved what Micheal Giacchino did and supposedly he's doing the score for spider man:wow:
I knew. That movie still sucks ass though.

Seeing this in a few hrs

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
what ? :snoop:

Csn you just refuse to accept that marvel movies may not be perfect ,??? Zod and Ras are better than almost all the marvel villains . I liked the villain in this tbh but most of them are superficial( possibly because they change things around for the stories and a lot of the villains in marvel movies aren't Well known so they need to do more work ) also this is why people are going to call you out, your saying but ohhh iconic characters such as Indiana jones and Rambo don't have iconic villains stop it man .

When did I say this movie was perfect?:francis:

To say that would mean somewhere in past post you can quote me saying

Bryan Danielson said:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah But with that said guys, mark my words "bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu but Dr. Strange was the best movie ever better than TDK, Cap 2, Cap 3." :blessed:

images

Man what the fukk are we even doing here anymore man?:heh::mindblown:

The latter.... what was wrong that was said?:dwillhuh:

Also, Zod and Ras really werent all that good. They werent terrible but nothing about them was better..... fair to say they suffer from the exact same problems. And I'm one of the guy that DEFENDED MOS HEAVY in the OG MOS thread when cats was calling that movie trash, complete failure, disappointment and bust. Though I will say they were better than the villain or lack of villain in BvS. :manny:

But its all good..... this is just a "discussion"

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
But Hans is remembered in that movie for being dope homie don't even front:russ: It's John's journey but Hans is no bit player. He's smart, he's calculating, he's arrogant, he's aloof, and he's trying to hustle the world into thinking he's some sort of freedom fighter. He's also cunning but not cunning enough. There's enough character development AND screen time for us to know who Hans is, what he's about, and what his motivation is. Plus he's got memorable lines like "exceptional thief" or "Theo, it's christmas!" and then calling john "John Wayne" and comparing him to a cowboy, etc. That's all great character stuff without sacrificing the heart of the movie which is John fighting for his marriage.

I got ya... so dialogue over action:obama:

I cant knock that and again..... I can see that:lolbron:

Other than robbing this ...... ummmm bank..... I still dont get what his deeper motivation was other than being a typical bank robber with a small army and specialized team but I got you.

I could easily break down Mads character like you did Hans though.......

Sidenote..... I have no idea or recollection of them other lines other than "John Wayne" you gonna make me go back and watch that classic...to me Bruce pretty much had all the lines (naturally)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I knew. That movie still sucks ass though.

Seeing this in a few hrs

The 400,000+ people who put AoU at a 7.5/10 on IMDb disagree. :ducreux:

Not that I give a fukk what any of them think of the movie either of course but they do oh so slightly outnumber the fools at Variety. :ducreux2:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I got ya... so dialogue over action:obama:

I cant knock that and again..... I can see that:lolbron:

Other than robbing this ...... ummmm bank..... I still dont get what his deeper motivation was other than being a typical bank robber with a small army and specialized team but I got you.

I could easily break down Mads character like you did Hans though.......

Sidenote..... I have no idea or recollection of them other lines other than "John Wayne" you gonna make me go back and watch that classic...to me Bruce pretty much had all the lines (naturally)

It's all about building character breh. Whether it's dialogue or action everything is about building Hans up as a credible threat and he became a memorable one. It's about using the screen time you have and knocking it out of the park which Alan rickman did and he was given a lot to do. Whether it's dialogue or body language or just scene direction. Or just the conversations between he and John. Plus it helps that he was a boss and not an underling.

The point I'm making is just they write their villains to be very one note and forgettable when the credits roll. It's a formula that works obviously because the accountants are happy and the computers are putin, but I expect more breh. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that because it's not impossible to do