Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
So basically...... the bar for garbage films are films like Catwoman, Spidy 3, Jonah Hex, F4 Reboot, Elecktra....

You saying this movie was just as bad as those?:patrice:

out of those movies you listed, i only saw spiderman and elektra. this movie is better than both of those, but it was just 'there' it didn't do anything for me. i wouldn't say it was a terrible movie, but it just has nothing beyond what i listed that was good. seems like some folks like it, but it takes more to impress me. for instance, i saw ouija last week and though it is a much smaller movie, i was much more impressed with it than dr strange. really the only thing that dr strange had that was out of the ordinary were the visuals, and they even started to become irritating after about the third time i saw them. and this is coming from someone who sees all the marvel movies and usually likes them.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
I guess not i just find it hard to fathom that someone thinks it was trash. I have almost no qualms about the movie at all and im usually a harsh critic

i should clarify that when i say 'trash' i usually mean average, not trash like everyone else means it. i would say the movie is average beyond its visuals. if i spend near twenty dollars for a movie then i expect it to be better than this was.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
This movie makes me wish that New Line would get their shyt together and give us a Sandman flick. :noah:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Coming from someone who creamed himself typing your Age of Ultron review :mjlol:

Seeing this tomorrow. I'm sure I'll love it now that you hate it :smugnolan:

Not talking about him...... but some of these guys kill me with these so called "faux" high opinions and then respond with fake outrage/hate/disappointments :mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
So now that I'm thinking about it.... I'm downgrading this movie off the strength of the Ancient One mess...... no not because she's white...... but because A1 became a WOMAN

4-will-car-true-blood-recruits-will-yun-lee-for-major-new-villain-role.jpeg

Wouldve been great in that role :troll:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
My biggest gripes about this movie was that it felt rushed. I blame how little time they spent world building the magic bits as opposed to the real world bits. I also blame the piss poor depiction of the progression of time. A fool could seriously argue that Strange learned all this shyt in under a week.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
My biggest gripes about this movie was that it felt rushed. I blame how little time they spent world building the magic bits as opposed to the real world bits. I also blame the piss poor depiction of the progression of time. A fool could seriously argue that Strange learned all this shyt in under a week.

Breh the movie was over 2 hours long. and there was no need to go into detailed training sequences not to mention Strange had a photographic memory which would enable him to progress faster than most people. you probably could've made one movie based on how he struggled to get his hands fixed without going to Nepal with a 90 minute run time.

This is a stand alone movie that's connected to a mulitverse.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yo, my ninja Kacelius spent all that time Strange was training deciphering 2 Fukkin' pages of the Ancient One's book and Strange did that shyt in seconds. :mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Really liked it but I think that's because of Cumberbatch's performance. He was on point the whole time, even if it was them going to the well again with the whole "arrogant guy learns humility" arc. But it worked. Villain was one dimensional and they wasted Mads and Rachel McAdams character could've been absent and nothing would've changed, but I enjoyed the parts of it that worked a lot. The fight scenes were dope, the depiction of the multiverse was very on point and it just worked. They did sort of skip over just how much time had passed between him leaving home, training, and then going back. But the movie seems to want you to just forget about that minor detail:russ:

Solid 8. Cumberbatch's performance is a home run though

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Just watched it again a few hours ago

I don't know what people are expecting out of the villain. His point was clear. He was lied to and didn't trust the ancient one, so he was going to destroy all three centers and break the shield and make way for Dormammu

My only gripe is that the movie was short, but the pacing was fine, if that makes since. Things were falling into place, nothing felt missing or lost, but there were parts that could've been expanded on.

I also wasn't blown out of the water by 3D, but I already hated 3D so :francis:. The visuals were still dope

8.5/10

I had enjoyed it :yeshrug:

Last edited: