Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Umm what ship is sinking ? Not DC brehs tv , comics merchandising movies . In the end of the day SS was a huge success , critics dont like it ? Fans seem too as I saw a million Harley and jokers this Halloween and in NYCC . The soundtrack did great as well . B vs S is also a success and did great for home viewing . Stop focusing on critics and lets enjoy doctor strange cause that's what this thread is about . I loved this movie and as a ACTUAL Comic fan who Watches both movies without stanning :scust:

You just wasted several keystrokes, used two smileys in two posts w/at least six baseless assumptions to say absolutely zero. I never said I listened to the critics, nor is this thread about "tv shows and merchandising", so I'll give you your wide-left tangent back. U good? Good. :salute: :laff:

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
I'm assuming its after Avengers 1 but before Winter Soldier because Robert Redford was talking about Strange in WS and he was one of the targets at the end. They couldn't have been targeting him because he was a great surgeon:upsetfavre:

Why not? That targeting thing was designed to take out any potential threats to Hydra and a lot of ordinary people were targeted. Strange is a world-famous renowned surgeon

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
8.4/10

Enjoyed the visuals. Story was nice, even tho it deviates from the comics. Shoulda showed wong fighting, hes pretty nice in the comics.

I fukked with their portayal of dormammu. Even tho it could of just left stange in his time loop cause time shouldnt affect dormammu, unless the gem is that potent and can take affect even in the dark dimension. His size was right in accordance to his existance in the dark dimension. The mirror fighting was dope, straight from the books.

I liked mordo even tho hes more deranged in the comics and is actually the one that tries to conjure up dormammu. His motives diverge but make sense. Why he do breh from Blood in Blood Out like that tho lol. All dude wanted was his legs back. Maybe strange could find him and patch up el gallo negro in the sequel

Rachel mcadams was nice. In the movie just enough, not a distraction like louis on BVS. People seem to be put off by how she took all this mystic information in stride but i didnt have a big issue with it, considering she had to accept it all an take it all in quik cause strange was about to die if she didnt act quik. That astral fight scene where strange is getting patched up was nice. All the fight scenes were top notch.

Tilda swinton knocked this bytch out the park. She killed it as the ancient one. She created a connection with the cast that wouldnt have felt right if the ancient one from the comics wouldnt have fit as well imo. Her fight scenes were fukkin nice, her death scene was nice too how she fell from the mirror world to new york.

Madds was decent. I felt that this movie worked well with a minor villain. He was nice with the fighting. His scene in the sanctorium was dope.

Cumberbatch did stange justice. I did have issue with all the jokes he was tryin to crack, but stange does have humor in the books and is down to earth, just some jokes were forced by the writers, not cumberbatch fault. Thats a minor gripe tho, he was great as strange

Minor gripes was that forced humor, and i felt that they should have devoted more time with mordo to really feel his heel turn.

So was strange and thor an hulk out in asgard when CW happend in the MCU? Ragnarok and CW take place at the same time? Hulk needs a new movie with mark ruffalo

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I saw earlier today and I really liked it. After seeing it in 3D I don't see how this movie could be viewed any other way. Some of the best CG I've seen. The only joke that fell flat to me was the cape getting in Strange's face. I was surprised so some of the themes of this movie parallel to Christianity/religion. The ending was a creative way to defeat a villain. I'd give it an 8.5.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I saw earlier today and I really liked it. After seeing it in 3D I don't see how this movie could be viewed any other way. Some of the best CG I've seen. The only joke that fell flat to me was the cape getting in Strange's face. I was surprised so some of the themes of this movie parallel to Christianity/religion. The ending was a creative way to defeat a villain. I'd give it an 8.5.

Saw it in 3D I honestly don't see how 3D made it a difference cuz the visuals itself where already top notch
Not saying it was bad 3D but when I took my glasses off to see if made a big difference didn't seem like to me imo cuz visuals were that great without 3d

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Just got back.

pros visuals, there were some scenes that straight up blew my mind with what i was seeing

Everybody was pretty damn good in their roles.

Supporting cast was strong.

Cons,

Story was sorta meh

Kinda wish it was a bit longer

Villian was just okay, did some pretty cool stuff but i would have liked some more of him.

B+

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Just got back.

pros visuals, there were some scenes that straight up blew my mind with what i was seeing

Everybody was pretty damn good in their roles.

Supporting cast was strong.

Cons,

Story was sorta meh

Kinda wish it was a bit longer

Villian was just okay, did some pretty cool stuff but i would have liked some more of him.

B+
That shyt DID feel short as hell
I thought it was just me

The one scene i loved tho is when Hannibal opened up an escape hole for his buddies! :russ:

That shyt was dope as fukk!

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
That shyt DID feel short as hell
I thought it was just me

The one scene i loved tho is when Hannibal opened up an escape hole for his buddies! :russ:

That shyt was dope as fukk!
he went from struggling with that portal thing to being able to do it multiple times like 5 minutes later in that scene where he's taking the books

Superstar
Daps
My thoughts on the movie:
My only complaints:

- I felt like they could have went kookier and added more mind-fukkery than they did. They didn't get too much into the multiverses and alternate realities and kept details about everything vague which is smart, but seeing as how that kind of stuff is integral to the comics and maybe later on in the movies, and how it would have took this movie to another level, they could have delved more into it. Sometimes it's just a bunch of cool shyt moving around and LSD-type illusions happening without rhyme or reason. There also wasn't much explanation given to the mystical powers and whatnot, Strange can just all of a sudden do the craziness with his hands and we don't understand the forces/reasoning behind the powers
- Villains were just ok. I don't think he ranks at the bottom of the bottom, but keep in mind he's a very minor villain and the stars/focus of the show is Strange and his allies
- Too much comedy sometimes held down the weight of the movie, but not in a totally deleterious way like Iron Man 3 or Age of Ultron. They managed to maintain some emotional density to the movie while keeping it lighthearted (Ant-Man and GOTG did this well too). But it's just another byproduct of that Marvel formula, where certain things like plot points and character and story motivations seem really inconsequential due to all the comedy
- Movie could have been a little longer
- I don't feel like complaining about the story because understanding Marvel's formula, you know every movie is more about the characters and the big scenes rather than any sophisticated story (barring movies like Winter Soldier or Civil War which were built up over several movies and/or were huge events). The story obviously could have been better, but to be honest I don't go into the theater watching Doctor Strange expecting or wanting much but Doctor Strange and seeing his powers and watching him fight and do his thing. DC tried to give a detailed and elaborate storyline in BvS but audiences didn't care for it

Everything else was fire. I really enjoyed the performances, I think the dialogue was a little corny sometimes but it was generally well-written, the visuals were top notch, there were a lot of really great and memorable scenes (Just a couple from the top of my head: Surgery scenes, Ancient One falling through the glass, Ancient One's final moments with Strange, time moving backwards or standing still scenes, mirror dimension in NY scene) and the action was great. The jokes in this is typical Marvel-type humor, which depending on your preferences you might like or dislike, but I thought it was funny throughout. I give it a A-/B+

I don't know if I'd put this with the tier 1 movies (WS, CW, GOTG, IM1, A1) off 1st watch but it's very close

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
he went from struggling with that portal thing to being able to do it multiple times like 5 minutes later in that scene where he's taking the books

5 mins later equaled about 5 months or more later:ld:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Who can say this movie was wack?? fukking dope flick, saw it in 3d. Coulda watched for another hour...thought it was creative..didnt think there was too many jokes even though those that were there were mediocre..great acting jobs all around.

Ive come to bargain :mjgrin:

9/10

I really didnt think the movie had that many "jokes" as people love to mock Marvel for. And the "Jokes" that came off as corny or lame seemed to be done by design to show how DS tries too hard and other cats looking at him like :beli: That in itself in a completely Meta way creating its own humor as you go from laughing with him to at him.

Made perfect sense