Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Who were the patients they were talking about when he was driving? I know the 1st one is Rhodi but not the others.

a lot of people shytting on the humor. what jokes fell flat? i thought everything worked well with the tone. the one name joke went on a few names too long, and that's an overused joke, but nothing else bugged me.

No joke fell as flat as Ant-man's "does anyone have any orange slices" which I've ignored all summer, but can finally saw now was a horrific piece of dialogue.
The cloak bothered me when it was wiping his face and when he was going for the ax and it was pulling him back. Those two were wack to me and Wong listening to Beyoncé was forced too IMO.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Who were the patients they were talking about when he was driving? I know the 1st one is Rhodi but not the others.

The cloak bothered me when it was wiping his face and when he was going for the ax and it was pulling him back. Those two were wack to me and Wong listening to Beyoncé was forced too IMO.
eh, i liked the cape. it was a character in itself. and the Wong joke was corny, but it was a payoff to the earlier one, so i appreciate that type of writing.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
The same exact thing Mordo was mad about. It was a solid motivation to rebel against the ancient one.
So Mads heals and learns all this cool shyt from The Ancient One but decides to destroy the world because she's using the dark side to stay alive makes sense to you:what:
What Chewy is doing by the end of the movie makes more sense

Jards

All Star
Daps
Just caught an afternoon showing.

Just one thing to say.

DORMAMMU, I'VE COME TO BARGAIN! :mjgrin:

I liked it. :ehh:
:dead:

:mjgrin:

Jards

All Star
Daps
The visuals were really good and I was impressed at all of the different ways they thought up to display magic being used especially the Inception on crack reality warping.

Chiwetel Ejiofor was blah for most of the movie but came alive at the end and has me interested in seeing much more of his character.

The villain was yet another uninteresting bad guy to add to the "shytty Marvel Villain" trash heap. The fact that they somehow made a character played by Mads Mikkelsen not matter is a bit of a feat to pull off.

Tilda Swinton's mayonnaise ass being the top dog in a magic kung-fu temple straight out of a Shaw Brothers movie was dumb as fukk and continually took me out of the movie.

Why was Rachel McAdams even in this movie?

Cumberbatch didn't work for me because it was super obvious that they were trying to make Strange into a lovable egocentric jerk like Tony Stark except Cumberbatch was incapable of pulling off anything but the egocentric jerk parts.

This movie really should have been a bit more weird and out there though. They stuck so closely to the paint by numbers Marvel movie formula when this should have been the one flick that the studio just went crazy with. If you can't do tripping balls style craziness with Dr. Strange then whats the point?

I give this a solid C mostly for the visuals alone because everything else was just :beli:.
Film was dope but looking back on it I think Cumberbatch was the reason I didn't love the film. Unfair to compare him to RDJ but I'll watch any Marvel film with Ironman regardless of whether it's trash or not cause the Tony Starks fukkery will make it at least entertaining. Maybe Cumberbatch will change my opinion after a few films like Evans with Cap although Cap still a fukk boy for betraying my nikka Tony in CW:aicmon:

I heard my nikka Joaquin Phoenix was the supposed first choice for Strange but they couldn't come to an agreement on the money. He would've elevated this shyt to a classic.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Mads heals and learns all this cool shyt from The Ancient One but decides to destroy the world because she's using the dark side to stay alive makes sense to you:what:
What Chewy is doing by the end of the movie makes more sense

Mads didn't want to "destroy" the world, he wanted to bring the Earth to the Dark Dimension so they would no longer subjected to "time", which what he thought (probably brainwashed by DORMAMMU) was the true evil.

The beef with the ancient one was that she was telling her disciples to follow natural law, which was strickly against the use of "magic" derived from the Dark Dimension, but she herself was going to against it by using the energy from the DD to keep herself alive long enough to meet Dr. Strange (who would carry the mantle of sorcerer supreme). Mads thought she was doing it for selfish reasons, which is also why Mordo went rouge at the end.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Film was dope but looking back on it I think Cumberbatch was the reason I didn't love the film. Unfair to compare him to RDJ but I'll watch any Marvel film with Ironman regardless of whether it's trash or not cause the Tony Starks fukkery will make it at least entertaining. Maybe Cumberbatch will change my opinion after a few films like Evans with Cap although Cap still a fukk boy for betraying my nikka Tony in CW:aicmon:

I heard my nikka Joaquin Phoenix was the supposed first choice for Strange but they couldn't come to an agreement on the money. He would've elevated this shyt to a classic.
there is zero chance Joaquin Phoenix would have done a better job than Cumberbatch. Dude owned this role