Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
The homie copped tickets and he bought us 2D :mjcry: I can only imagine how crazy those visuals would have looked in 3D.

Movie was cool, felt a bit wordy at times but pretty hard to avoid for an origin movie. Was just the right length and the fight scenes were dope. I'm glad they went crazy with the imagery like those early strange comics. Cumberpatch nailed strange as well.

Be interesting to see how successful this is, the theatre was only 1/3 full and it's only been out for a week.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those saying Strange wasnt likable or charismatic like Ironman/Stark, he's not supposed to be

The role Strange plays in the Marvel Universe, by nature he's going to be a little detached from other folks. To me this foreshadows how important/heroic he's going to be down the line though

Yea dude is like focused and chills in solitude floating in his library reading scriptures and sippin tea. Cumberbatch fits that role to a T. He is more of an advisor instead of team soldier. Cant believe we got 3/5 of the illuminati already :ohhh:

Is astral projection in the MCU gonna be strictly a mystical ability since we dont have any telepaths?? Lokie did it in the 1st avengers but he's a sorcerer

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Jello Biafra you really just gonna have to take this L breh, Benedict Cumbergawd destroyed the role. he is dr strange
Cumberbatch has never been worth a damn in anything but Sherlock.
Jaay6.gif

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
character is very well done
fight scenes :wow:
cinematography :wow:
CGI and the effects with warping buildings and ground flipping :wow: :wow: :whew:
but storywise kinda meh, it felt pretty rushed and some parts were almost fast forwarded to get to the climax

good movie maybe 7/10
but the actual character doctor strange and his place in the MCU- 9/10

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Kevin Feige out here making Christopher Nolan's movies look like shytty 80s sci/fi flicks in comparison :patrice:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
My question is .

If strange could rewind time to prevent the Hong Kong temple from being destroyed, couldn't he just have done the same to prevent the ancient one from dying?
she accepted her fate and from what i remember she said that she constantly looked at other people's futures and knew that was the day she would die so its like she came to terms with it because she wanted steven to guide mordo and protect the sanctorum, since the black dude protecting it was killed. She low key wanted steven to become the sorcerer supreme so its like she was passing the torch and he took hint to it

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the highlight scene in Inception was JGL fighting in that rotating hallway. This shyt smoked that scene. they did that 10 times over. Also, Inception had that one scene where Ellen Page warped those buildings. This one once again smoked that. There was a friggin fight scene in real time while everything else was rewinding.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
There is some strange about this movie....:ohhh: Lol, corny joke aside, I really liked this movie. Loved the mystical elements of it. All the actors slayed their roles. Of course, I liked Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange. He really embodies that character. What made the movie even more enjoyable for me is that it spoke to me on so many different levels when it comes to life experience. I'm really excited how Dr. Strange will interact with the Avengers moving forward.:wow:

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the highlight scene in Inception was JGL fighting in that rotating hallway. This shyt smoked that scene. they did that 10 times over. Also, Inception had that one scene where Ellen Page warped those buildings. This one once again smoked that. There was a friggin fight scene in real time while everything else was rewinding.
Give thanks to Nolan :ufdup:Respect your elders

Dr. Strange wouldnt be as visually dope if Inception didnt set the precedent

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Saw this last nite. I give it 7.5/10. The visual FX were excellent and the acting as well. Story was too predictable, but the way he beat the big bad showed imagination and was unexpected so that was a saving grace.
I liked Ironman and Captain America the First Avenger better as far as Marvel origin stories go but the action in this was above everything in the MCU besides Winter Soldier and Civil War. I really liked Tilda Swindon as well. She was dropping dope jewels left and right.
Shyt was solid and they set it up lovely for an even better sequel.
#MarvelGang