Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just caught an afternoon showing.

Just one thing to say.

DORMAMMU, I'VE COME TO BARGAIN! :mjgrin:

I liked it. :ehh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The visuals were really good and I was impressed at all of the different ways they thought up to display magic being used especially the Inception on crack reality warping.

Chiwetel Ejiofor was blah for most of the movie but came alive at the end and has me interested in seeing much more of his character.

The villain was yet another uninteresting bad guy to add to the "shytty Marvel Villain" trash heap. The fact that they somehow made a character played by Mads Mikkelsen not matter is a bit of a feat to pull off.

Tilda Swinton's mayonnaise ass being the top dog in a magic kung-fu temple straight out of a Shaw Brothers movie was dumb as fukk and continually took me out of the movie.

Why was Rachel McAdams even in this movie?

Cumberbatch didn't work for me because it was super obvious that they were trying to make Strange into a lovable egocentric jerk like Tony Stark except Cumberbatch was incapable of pulling off anything but the egocentric jerk parts.

This movie really should have been a bit more weird and out there though. They stuck so closely to the paint by numbers Marvel movie formula when this should have been the one flick that the studio just went crazy with. If you can't do tripping balls style craziness with Dr. Strange then whats the point?

I give this a solid C mostly for the visuals alone because everything else was just :beli:.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
a lot of people shytting on the humor. what jokes fell flat? i thought everything worked well with the tone. the one name joke went on a few names too long, and that's an overused joke, but nothing else bugged me.

No joke fell as flat as Ant-man's "does anyone have any orange slices" which I've ignored all summer, but can finally saw now was a horrific piece of dialogue.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Movie was trippy my
shyt look like it would give u seizures and shyt
But I enjoyed the movie tho
7-8/10 for me

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt...i didn't know it was a post credit scene....I'm gonna need that on the low ya'll..

on a side note..the only easter egg i noticed was the Fantastic Four Headquarters.....

Whoa what?!? I was looking for avengers tower but if they had the FF building there then fox coming to the table to get some grub too