Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
anyone got a wizard guide? im looking :sadcam: over here in these parties

I just switched to

Wizard - Game Guide - Diablo III

I also started stacking Crit Damage (+130%) and Crit Chance on my gear.

Your melee attacks become really fast and strong since it is increased by your skills and familiar and it's hitting with Criticals.

Arcane Orb hits massive plus gets Crits (especially against mobs). and since I'm using arcane hydras, and Orb they get slowed down by every hit because of Temporal Flux. (Using Poison hydras ain't a bad idea but I haven't tried yet)

I also have a +12% movement speed on my weapon so I can run in a circle while the hydras take care of business if things get crazy.

You also need some decent armor and good Vitality so you can take some hits. I just started stacking All Resistance and it's helped me A LOT.

You can't tank, but you can take a lot more damage than usual and can inflict a good amount too. Partner up with a Monk and you can wreck anything.

Get at me online breh, Saint503#1933

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
This game, especially from a wizard perspective, is COMPLETELY gear dependent. Fuk skill if you don't have the gear you might as well not even try. Starting in inferno will make you break shyt and want to quit. The first two days of inferno for me I was like fuk this shyt it's impossible.

I rolled back down to hell, did siege breaker runs with some magic and gold find and 5 stacks of NV and slowly but surely i started making gold, if you aren't buying things from the AH you're doing this shyt completely wrong.

Specs aside you can more or less get anything to work once you have the gear as long as you have a way to slow (blizzard, temp flux) and a way to escape or take a hit or two (teleport, diamond skin)

Because of how damage is calculated blizzard and hydras (especially poison because the pools can stack) can hit hard and for me on bosses make up for more than 60% of my damage. For this reason a good two hander is usually needed (don't look so much at DPS on the weapon but rather the damage range (the higher the harder your spells hit).

For farming and just general play I run attack speed spells like lightning blast and then orbs with celestial. For elites i'm not seeing anyone being able to kill an elite without some serious kiting...and even then some combinations are brutal. Teleport wallers with reflect and invunerability... the hell.

ON a side note if these elites were to "team up" i've no doubt they'd be running hell. Diablo ain't got nothing on an elite pack of lashers.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
This game, especially from a wizard perspective, is COMPLETELY gear dependent
its like that for every class tho. even for DH, the easiest class to do inferno because of ridic DPS and crit builds you can do.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
its like that for every class tho. even for DH, the easiest class to do inferno because of ridic DPS and crit builds you can do.

I don't know man i've been grouped up with some warriors who go toe to toe with elite PACKS and live to tell the tale.

I'm not even sure what half the shyt looks like in this game because i'm always running away. I stop when I feel less threatened and then rewalk my path to go find what dropped, never really know what i killed (pisses me off when I see a trail of gold too because I know I hit a goblin with a stray spell)

I've seen monks go all out too and be ok too, maybe they just had good gear.

ALso.

Why do wizards have to look like homeless people or gay out of work stage actors?

Have you seen a fully decked out warrior? That shyt looks menacing. SKull helmets, crazy blade shoulders, demonic looking two handed swords...Wizards got not love from the art department.

Tesseract

Dis-Info Agent Killer
Daps
Reppin
Xanth
Brown_Pride said:
This game, especially from a wizard perspective, is COMPLETELY gear dependent. Fuk skill if you don't have the gear you might as well not even try. Starting in inferno will make you break shyt and want to quit. The first two days of inferno for me I was like fuk this shyt it's impossible.

Only thing I've bought off the AH was weapons. Last one I bought cost me 155k, and it made Inferno a lot easier. Overall, I think I've spent about 500k.

Brown_Pride said:
Why do wizards have to look like homeless people or gay out of work stage actors?

Dye your gear. I look like the Green Ranger....except for the Helmet. I just remembered the Pink Ranger used a bow, so Imma have to re-dye my shyt.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
ON a side note if these elites were to "team up" i've no doubt they'd be running hell. Diablo ain't got nothing on an elite pack of lashers.

When the elites team up on you it ain't no fukking joke. I was in a public game and we ROLLED through Act 3 till we met a group of invulnerable minions and some other pack that. died in 10 seconds and everyone left the game without saying a word. :manny: i had to roll solo and just skip them after that

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
I just switched to

Wizard - Game Guide - Diablo III

I also started stacking Crit Damage (+130%) and Crit Chance on my gear.

Your melee attacks become really fast and strong since it is increased by your skills and familiar and it's hitting with Criticals.

Arcane Orb hits massive plus gets Crits (especially against mobs). and since I'm using arcane hydras, and Orb they get slowed down by every hit because of Temporal Flux. (Using Poison hydras ain't a bad idea but I haven't tried yet)

I also have a +12% movement speed on my weapon so I can run in a circle while the hydras take care of business if things get crazy.

You also need some decent armor and good Vitality so you can take some hits. I just started stacking All Resistance and it's helped me A LOT.

You can't tank, but you can take a lot more damage than usual and can inflict a good amount too. Partner up with a Monk and you can wreck anything.

Get at me online breh, Saint503#1933

Im level 26 so far, can't get the stuff on the guide but i got most of it...seems like a pretty good build. Need to grab some more crit/int gear...that seems to be the most effective.

Tunes

Pro
Daps
if you're lvl 26, you shouldnt be having much trouble, you could just use disintegrate most of the time with Diamond Skin incase if they get too close. Just make sure your weapon isnt too low for ur lvl (check auction house if it is) and you got decent int and vitality

Later on tho, in Hell/Inferno, you're gonna be relying mainly on Venom Hydra/Blizzard or Arcane Hydra (w Temporal Flux passive) + defensive/escape skills because you'll be running from monsters rather than standing there blasting them

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Im level 26 so far, can't get the stuff on the guide but i got most of it...seems like a pretty good build. Need to grab some more crit/int gear...that seems to be the most effective.

I added you. I just hit inferno with Wizard today. I see you working with Diamond Skin, I used that for a while too, it works miracles but eventually the game leans more towards total defense so Force Armor and actual armor will benefit you later in the game.

If I can level my Witch Doctor fast enough I'll join you in a game.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Oh here's some real sh1t that made the game better:

Remap your keys. Personally:

instead of 1,2,3,4,

I use D,F,G,H and Space Bar instead of shift and R for health potions

Even that's not perfect it can use some tweaking but it's much better than the way it was.

Mouse Wheel Up for Inventory

Mouse Wheel Down for close all windows (works for skipping conversations and skipping cutscenes)