Official Dexter: New Blood Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
After credits scene. Batista shows up a day later. to his surprise Dexter is being called a hero for cracking the old serial killer case. Realizing Angela got killed while dexter was locked up with Logan also shows to Batista he was wrong about dex the whole time. He apologizes and offers to help Dex get his old life and job back since he just cracked a big case. Show ends with him and his son heading back to Miami where it all started.

:noah:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
You know the ironic thing is, all the elements to make a great ending to the series were contained in this episode...the problem is they crammed everything into 1 episode and it came off forced and rushed. Imagine if they fleshed out these elements over 5 or 6 episodes:

- Angela continues to build her case against Dexter, including calling up Batista to talk about the BHB case. Batista flies up and they go investigating together.

- They decide to arrest him for Matt's murder, but also got a search warrant to search his truck where they found his butcher tools among other things.

- They bring him in for questioning and Dexter and Batista have an intense, emotional face to face.

- Dexter stews in jail for a while and things are looking bleak. He tells Harrison to flee town and go a specific location where he will meet him soon.

- Dexter breaks out of jail killing Logan in the process. Now there's a national manhunt that attracts media attention.

- Dexter meets up with Harrison and he decides they need to flee the country. They're on the road for a while trying to escape the intense manhunt. Harrison is conflicted, but slowly starts turning on him.

- Dexter is getting desperate and out of control and kills someone who identifies him from the media coverage and about to turn him in. Harrison then decides enough is enough.

- They have their emotional final scene where Harrison kills him. Harrison is seen as a sympathetic figure under the control of his monster father and is released. He rides off with Dexter's letter voice over. The end.
Would’ve needed more than one episode for this, but this is more cohesive than what we got.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ratings for this season was bananas, so the showrunners might have fukked up killing off Dexter as a spinoff isn't going to have the same attachment to it.

Never kill the main character. Just put him in jail or something. Maybe he gets released on some technical fukk up years later.

Daps
I don't see the issue with the ending. Dex was living a decent quiet life until he meets the town prick. He kills dude with no real proof. Harrison comes along making Dex get even more sloppy in the process. He couldn't cover his tracks per usual after his arrival.

He almost killed two drug dealers just cause Harrison couldn't control his drug usage. More bodies in that lil town that's coming back to Dex. He kills Matts Pop which was the only justified killing, even more bodies to pin on Dex.

Harrison didn't have no damn dark passenger, just a kid PTSD that needed some mental health therapy. Dex kind of lost himself trying to raise dude. He ain't want nothing to do with Dex after figuring out he was a psychopathic killer.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see the issue with the ending. Dex was living a decent quiet life until he meets the town prick. He kills dude with no real proof. Harrison comes along making Dex get even more sloppy in the process. He couldn't cover his tracks per usual after his arrival.

He almost killed two drug dealers just cause Harrison couldn't control his drug usage. More bodies in that lil town that's coming back to Dex. He kills Matts Pop which was the only justified killing, even more bodies to pin on Dex.

Harrison didn't have no damn dark passenger, just a kid PTSD that needed some mental health therapy. Dex kind of lost himself trying to raise dude. He ain't want nothing to do with Dex after figuring out he was a psychopathic killer.
They set up a few things in the previous episode and finale that made it seem like they were going in another direction.
Everyone suddenly acted out of character the last 15 minutes of the show.
Why set up a ton of plot points just to not pay them off?

Daps
They set up a few things in the previous episode and finale that made it seem like they were going in another direction.
Everyone suddenly acted out of character the last 15 minutes of the show.
Why set up a ton of plot points just to not pay them off?

I'm sure they had several different scenarios to end it. I mean what yall want Dex to do, get away to where at this point. I'm sure he has little money, and all law jurisdictions is on his ass. nikka got old and would get his ass shot trying to poke people with needles.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
When harrison says “look at what you’ve done” then realized that was what Dexter said to his first victim in the pilot:wow:

after rewatching it was decent. Not the best not the worst. It really did go off the rails the last act tho.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure they had several different scenarios to end it. I mean what yall want Dex to do, get away to where at this point. I'm sure he has little money, and all law jurisdictions is on his ass. nikka got old and would get his ass shot trying to poke people with needles.
It's not about Dexter getting away with it, but more a critique of the lazy writing.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Overall I enjoyed it, but there was major pacing issues, resulting in a rushed ending.

Dexter has killed outside the code before, but this one was pretty unnecessary as the case was weak. Harrison wasn’t in any danger either, so there’s no urgency to get out ASAP. Angel flying up there wasn’t suddenly going to make the case stronger.

They packed so much into the last couple of episodes of what Harrison was going through that his sudden decision at the end (and willingness to go through with Dexter’s suggestion) felt so rushed.

Isn’t Harrison going to be more fukked up than ever? Especially with Angela letting him go. He can stay in a small town (where townspeople seem to be supportive of each other, such as how they helped after the fire) where he’s already kind of a hero because of the planned school shooter. Now he will be charged with killing his father, a serial killer who just killed a popular local wrestling coach/police officer.

Instead, he’s off to spend more times being homeless, living in the streets. Letting him go was not really a favor to him.

Ballistics will also show that the bullet in the “officer involved shooting” was not with her service weapon, but a rifle registered to the victim.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just finished it. Overall I was fine with how it ended. It should've been more flushed out which could've easily been done by cutting the filler. I thought the last 4 episode were flames.

Her case against Dexter was not weak at all. For killing the dude early in the season yes it was kinda flimsy but her BHB case was strong and was only gonna get stronger when Batista brought them files. Dex was finally toast after escaping it so many times and he knew it. The rule is dont get caught. He didn't want to kill Logan but he was in the way of him not getting caught. Dexter was gonna kill Laguerta when she was getting too close. Its not out of his character at all. I was disappointed we didn't get a face to face with Batista. I really wanted to see that. Seems weird to not have that happen. Like why bring him back then. :stopitslime: Im fine with no manhunt cause the time has past for that. The manhut shoulda happened in Miami with those characters doing the search. While this end it wasn't perfect it was time for Dexter to face the music. Thats why we all hated the original ending. Dex couldn't just get away with it again or what was the point of bringing the show back. But it shows the brilliance of this series. Despite everything as a viewer you still can't help but root for Dex and hope he escapes again.

Overall I give it a 7/10. Which is 7 points more then I gave season 8:russ:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Show was fire TBH
Harrison not fukking with the Code after Dex killing his coach mad perfect sense
It's a wrap for an iconic character doe
and now I wanna smash an Indian chick