Official Dexter: New Blood Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
and the show ended between Christmas and NYE. That means Harrison showed up, enrolled in school, befriended and stabbed a potential school shooter, stabbed himself, went to therapy, got a job, od'ed, knocked down the police Chief's daughter, joined the wrestling team, broke a kid's arm in a match, got jumped by the kid's friends, almost got murked by Kurt, all in the span of like... 14 days?:gucci::mjlol:

and found and then killed his dad :heh:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
When Dexter was in his cell, I knew they would resort to the "Offender breaks out of hillbilly cell by luring officer on duty" trope.

Dexter urging Harrison to shoot him reminding me of Walt and Jesse
Right before that when he was like “we have to go now” was pretty much Walt trying to convince Skylar and Flynn to come with him after Skylar knew hank had “gotten” Walt

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Right before that when he was like “we have to go now” was pretty much Walt trying to convince Skylar and Flynn to come with him after Skylar knew hank had “gotten” Walt
That entered my mind too.

Heck, even Harrison driving off on the highway with the line of troopers headed to the scene from the opposite direction was a carbon copy of Jesse fleeing in the El Camino.

This was downright blatant.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
dexter never broke the code before, suddenly he snaps and breaks it?
nikka had a wife 2 step kids and a son before

Dexter used to be the smartest in the room but became a idiot
:usure:

You're skipping past 7 seasons of character development with this shyt bruh. Stop it.

If you're arguing that he "broke his code", he didn't - rule #1 is don't get caught.

If you're arguing that he killed an innocent and that Dexter would never kill an innocent, like I said, you haven't paid attention to the show. He killed Oscar Prado in self defense in season 3. He killed the wrong person in season 4. He killed someone just for pissing him off in season 5.

So yes, Dexter, in an effort to save himself from going to prison, escape a potential trial that could get him the death penalty, to get to his son that he abandoned 10 years ago, the only family he has left that he just reunited with, who he feels he finally has a connection with, something he's been chasing the whole fukking series, would kill someone that SHOT AT HIM after he gave him the chance to get out alive, even if they were innocent. Ain't shyt out of character. He hasn't been strict to the code since damn near season 1.

Watch the rest of the series after season 2 and get back to me.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
What would you guys have liked for the ending?

I don't think anyone is mad he died. We all know it was only 2 options here. Dexter dies or gets caught and gets the death penalty. It's h ow we got there thats trash. Everything up until Dexter kills Logan was great. It's like they realized they have 20 mins left and didn't know what to do. Absolutely horrible.

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
They could've went whichever direction they wanted to...even like they did but for me it's the way they went about it. Why rush it if you have 10 episodes to do it? Why go in a way that goes against a characters persona before the last Ep - Dexter, Harrison, Wide Jaw. Why bring a character from the old Show just for....screen time? Nothing made sense.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

When dexter and Harrison talk in the cell he tells him to take kurts rifle and go to kurts ranch and wait.. he will know what to do and it's the only way to make things right. Then dex sends Angela there to find kurts bodies and she gets ambushed by Harrison. Harrison finally man's up and kills Angela and makes it look like she died confronting Kurt.

Dex tells Logan he found out Kurt was the killer and Angela didnt believe him and that's why she went to investigate solo. Logan goes after her. Finds her dead at kurts cabin along with the bodies of the girls and looks like Kurt left town. Logan never believed dex was guilty anyway so he let's him free and now dex looks like a hero for solving the Kurt case. And Harrison caught his first body. The end.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
I didnt think she made a ketamine connection with the BHB, it was just the needle marks. May go back and watch sometime.

i still stand by my conclusion that this season was fine and the ending was better than season 8. and for 10 weeks it was fun to theorize on shyt as it was unfolding. I miss those days of prime lost, dexter and breaking bad. Some lazy writing? Absolutely. But nothing ever reached the levels of season 8.

Yeah those TV days were legendary

Lost
Dexter
Smallville
Heroes
BB
FNL

So many with 24 eps too and with all the breaks etc pretty much watching a show for half a year lol

SuaveyBoi115

All Star
Daps
Would’ve loved to see a L.A version. My biggest issue with the ending was that it was very anti climatic :francis:.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Harrison was shaky on the code and dark passenger stuff anyway. Dexter then broke the code by killing a good man just to free himself. Harrison didnt want to live a life of constant killing and on the run just to be with his dad. It wasnt the way he wanted to cope with his childhood and there was really no convincing Dexter otherwise. Look at all the people that died close to him when he could have turned killers in and saved lives. Only way was to get rid of pops. It sucks because we all like Dexter and dont really like Harrison, but thats the only way it had to end. Unless you wanted "suicide by cop" or to see Dex rotting in prison on death row.

Then there would be a clamoring for a new season with him in prison killing killers and to see him escape like Andy Dufresne to reunite with Harrison :mjlol:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Who is wide jaw :russ:

Dexter is a spin on “real life” super hero comic book stuff to me. You can never be at peace because of his past and everyone around you suffers once the serial killers he stalks become aware of who he is.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Harrison was shaky on the code and dark passenger stuff anyway. Dexter then broke the code by killing a good man just to free himself. Harrison didnt want to live a life of constant killing and on the run just to be with his dad. It wasnt the way he wanted to cope with his childhood and there was really no convincing Dexter otherwise. Look at all the people that died close to him when he could have turned killers in and saved lives. Only way was to get rid of pops. It sucks because we all like Dexter and dont really like Harrison, but thats the only way it had to end. Unless you wanted "suicide by cop" or to see Dex rotting in prison on death row.

Then there would be a clamoring for a new season with him in prison killing killers and to see him escape like Andy Dufresne to reunite with Harrison :mjlol:

dexter on the run would have been :blessed:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
When dexter and Harrison talk in the cell he tells him to take kurts rifle and go to kurts ranch and wait.. he will know what to do and it's the only way to make things right. Then dex sends Angela there to find kurts bodies and she gets ambushed by Harrison. Harrison finally man's up and kills Angela and makes it look like she died confronting Kurt.

Dex tells Logan he found out Kurt was the killer and Angela didnt believe him and that's why she went to investigate solo. Logan goes after her. Finds her dead at kurts cabin along with the bodies of the girls and looks like Kurt left town. Logan never believed dex was guilty anyway so he let's him free and now dex looks like a hero for solving the Kurt case. And Harrison caught his first body. The end.

This is cool, but end of what though? This only works if they were bringing the show back and the Dexter character back. They were clearly looking to end the Dexter character, so it would need to be more finite or it's open ended again.