Official Dexter: New Blood Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
how was harrison able to commit murder and then be free to go on his merry way :dahell:

and how is harrison just ok with killing his pops

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
I'm not a legal expert or anything even close to one, but thinking on this, I can't see any way for any of the crimes Dexter was accused of to stick. He already shot down the Matt Caldwell case that even Logan acknowledged would be plausible enough to a jury to dismiss, and Kurt left behind a pretty convenient trail that gives Dexter's cover more credibility. As for the BHB murders, as far as the FBI or whoever was concerned, that case is closed and it was Doakes, and they have no concrete evidence that says it was Dexter. I can't imagine any DAs would want to bring that thin of a case to court. And he's got a reasonable explanation for faking his death considering he'd been targeted more than once by different serial killers, his wife was murdered, his sister was murdered and he just had to get away from it all in the hopes his kid could have a normal life. Even seeing Batista, he could explain to him his motivation for faking his death and leaving Miami and everything behind.

I dont know. I should probably rewatch the series I guess. But just thinking it over since last night, it seems a little sloppy of him to kill Logan and not even try letting the courts fail to convict him. The cases against him were too thin.
All valid points. No reason for him to have panicked like this. So he kills Logan…dumb and uncharacteristic, but ok. When Harrison asks if he killed Logan, why the hell would you tell him the truth? You know how he feels about the guy! You tell Harrison “I didn’t kill him, but I had to fight him to get away. Let’s go!” I don’t know. Dexter got really dumb….Tyrion-level dumb this season.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
This reboot was far from perfect. not flawless by any stretch
However
What I think a lot of people are missing was how much IMPROVED this was. This show didn’t have a filler and rushed the finale. The rarity season that would have benefited from more episodes. 13 used to be the norm. Would have been perfect I feel Bc overall I FELT the dynamic concept overall was always dexter and Harrison. His son. They just terribly rushed a lot that final 50 mins.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
All valid points. No reason for him to have panicked like this. So he kills Logan…dumb and uncharacteristic, but ok. When Harrison asks if he killed Logan, why the hell would you tell him the truth? You know how he feels about the guy! You tell Harrison “I didn’t kill him, but I had to fight him to get away. Let’s go!” I don’t know. Dexter got really dumb….Tyrion-level dumb this season.

it was stupid because dexter been about the CODE all his life, even when he had doakes he didn't even consider killing him and was considering turning himself in but now he panics?

There was absolutely nothing linking dexter to any murders he would have skated. This is the same Chief of police who had kurt and dna etc. and kurt got off. Dexter would have skated to the bank and all, no dna, no motive Nothing. So dexter is the bay harbour butcher but yet there were no killings for years in the town he went to except the other serial killer kurt.

So after all these years dexter snaps? :childplease:

harrison is just as dark and sadistic , stabbing a kid, breaking another arm kid. Dexter should have let kurt put him behind glass.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Some of y’all gotta let some things go. Not every show is gonna be perfect. But this fan closure. Dexter never was that sloppy or killed an innocent but he also found fatherhood finally and that dynamic blinds a lot of us. In the end I was pleased and satisfied with how it ended. Could been better sure. But it was far better than the sour taste I DID have

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This reboot was far from perfect. not flawless by any stretch
However
What I think a lot of people are missing was how much IMPROVED this was. This show didn’t have a filler and rushed the finale. The rarity season that would have benefited from more episodes. 13 used to be the norm. Would have been perfect I feel Bc overall I FELT the dynamic concept overall was always dexter and Harrison. His son. They just terribly rushed a lot that final 50 mins.

It was cheap having angel I'll be there tomorrow and then then ending like this.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
It was cheap having angel I'll be there tomorrow and then then ending like this.
Ok
That I’ll give u
That was a complete unnecessary tease. Especially since they never did anything about it. That was upsetting
As I said. Many flaws. But I won’t go as far to say. Season 8 bad. Bc it wasn’t that bad.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Ok
That I’ll give u
That was a complete unnecessary tease. Especially since they never did anything about it. That was upsetting
As I said. Many flaws. But I won’t go as far to say. Season 8 bad. Bc it wasn’t that bad.
Nah, it wasn’t as bad as 8. But Clyde Phillips did this to himself with his “going to break the internet” crap.:comeon: Don’t raise expectations if this is all you got.

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
it was stupid because dexter been about the CODE all his life, even when he had doakes he didn't even consider killing him and was considering turning himself in but now he panics?

There was absolutely nothing linking dexter to any murders he would have skated. This is the same Chief of police who had kurt and dna etc. and kurt got off. Dexter would have skated to the bank and all, no dna, no motive Nothing. So dexter is the bay harbour butcher but yet there were no killings for years in the town he went to except the other serial killer kurt.
This is a damn good point and would only strengthen his claim of it being a bullshyt charge. Dexter could have beat every one of the charges against him fairly easily. It's not what you know it's what you can prove and they can't prove Dexter did a goddamn thing. Meanwhile his counter theory of Kurt killing his son and pinning it on Dexter to embarrass the police chief who just arrested him and then got tf outta dodge just makes more and more sense, especially with Kurt's little museum there. This did not have to end like this.

But it's an ending. That's all I really wanted from this :manny:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nah, it wasn’t as bad as 8. But Clyde Phillips did this to himself with his “going to break the internet” crap.:comeon: Don’t raise expectations if this is all you got.

id have rather it ended with dexter on the run all alone son hating him and you start like the next season like 5 years later the trail has gone cold and batista now retired makes it his lifelong mission to find dexter morgan

:yeshrug:

dig up michael c hall for ten episodes :francis: