Official Dexter: New Blood Thread

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Certainly not “internet breaking”. Not NEARLY enough tension between Dexter and Harrison in that last scene.
If I’m going to kill my Dad, and I’ve never killed before, it’s going to be a hell of a lot harder for me to do than this. I don’t care what our relationship has been like.

First off. Based on what happened. Where the fukk did Dexter even think he was going? nikka was so out of character by the end of that shyt. Smh.

Exactly what I was thinking! You sure as hell aren’t going to California.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clyde Phillips says he has an idea for a continued series. But I don't see how it can be compelling centered just around Harrison?

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Dammit Harrison :mjcry:

I guess there was no other way........................... :patrice:

For the writers to end it neatly......ending was too fast, needed at least 3 more episodes. Coach murder was a dope cliff hanger, them escaping while batista, Julia and Laguerta's Ghost are chasing could have been a dope cliff hanger and then finally later later later they coulda done a lil time skip in cali and THEN Harrison kills him for all the reasons stated...but whatever ths was better than anyone expected

Last edited:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Certainly not “internet breaking”. Not NEARLY enough tension between Dexter and Harrison in that last scene.
If I’m going to kill my Dad, and I’ve never killed before, it’s going to be a hell of a lot harder for me to do than this. I don’t care what our relationship has been like.

Exactly what I was thinking! You sure as hell aren’t going to California.

yeah I didn’t really buy that either, Harrison doesn’t wanna kill people anymore but he’s fine with killing his father?

overall season was mostly dope. I’m fine with the ketamine retcon. Realistically no way they had enough evidence to convict Dexter on any murders whatsoever so him killing Logan and trying to escape made no sense really. He worked in law enforcement his whole life he would know that they’d never convict him based off the evidence they had.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Killing Logan was the most out of character thing that Dexter has done in the entire series. Made no sense at all.

breh he wanted out the cell, buddy shot at his head, its self defense at that point cuz Logan WAS trying to kill him rather than risk setting him free.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
breh he wanted out the cell, buddy shot at his head, its self defense at that point cuz Logan WAS trying to kill him rather than risk setting him free.
Logan gave him water. He only shot at Dexter after he slammed his head and had him in a chokehold. :dwillhuh:. To try to paint this as self defense is crazy

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Logan gave him water. He only shot at Dexter after he slammed his head and had him in a chokehold. :dwillhuh:. To try to paint this as self defense is crazy

Right right. Then when in the hold.....He could have handed over the keys....instead he went for the gun and popped off!
At that point :francis:

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I hated how this ended dexter letting Harrison kill him was bull shyt. Him seeming scared was bull shyt the police letting Harrison go was bull shyt. Great season tho.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Harrison going "Open your eyes and look at what you've done! :damn:" was dope. Another great call back.

The letter in tandem with Harrison driving off was also dope to give double meaning to Dexter's fake and real death.

I appreciate Phillips not reinventing the wheel with this, but taking the core material the show ended on and giving it more heart and nuance.

They went a little Breaking Bad/Walter White with it, which I should have picked up on from the second we found ourselves in Iron Lake, in having Dexter go dark there at the end. Dexter "breaking" his code to prioritize not getting caught - I was almost convinced he was going to kill Harrison right then and there. But he acceped his fate, as he did with Deb, but this time Harrison didn't blink.

I would have been interested as fukk in seeing a Batista/Dexter confrontation and the idea of him being extradited to Miami and a season of Dexter in jail/his trial would have been insane.

Sad to see the character go, the show is literally the first real show I got into (started when I was 19, outside of basketball and wrestling I didn't watch a lot of TV). Much respect for closing this up right.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
I would have been interested as fukk in seeing a Batista/Dexter confrontation and the idea of him being extradited to Miami and a season of Dexter in jail/his trial would have been insane.
This would’ve been a more interesting ending that what we got. For the way Phillips hyped it up, he failed to live up to it. Dexter had to die, but it should’ve been executed much better this.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Killing Logan was the most out of character thing that Dexter has done in the entire series. Made no sense at all.

it's right up there with killing laguerta, but then again technically deb did that.

but certainly a more satisfying ending than that lumberjack bullshyt.